• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Ark

so this is the place to be on a sunday, eh?

nice op. subbed.

hi shaneus!

Everyone's a pleb; Vettel's a dick; Webber's a god; Ferrari are dumb; Bianchi is amazing; Chilton will buy you lunch and Omiee is Vettel's wife in disguise (<3).

I love you all.

moojito

Sunday, aye. If anything happens to Vettel or Hamilton in a race though, do yourself a favour and avoid the monday-saturday!

Adamm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/21967511

If massa outqualifies alonso in china it will be the first time ever a teammate has done that 5 times in a row. Though now that someone has pointed it out it probably wont happen.

Im happy massa is back on form though, it was getting quite sad to see how far he had fallen.

I'm amazed, honestly I expect him to be out of F1 a few months ago - now he looks like a top driver again.

Still can't see him beating Alonso though

pants

Sunday, aye. If anything happens to Vettel or Hamilton in a race though, do yourself a favour and avoid the monday-saturday!

I think Hamilton was only controversial at McLaren really, we all handled the incident last race like adults ;)

Zozobra

In my experience it's safest to book within a couple of weeks of the dates being confirmed. There are some tracks that only have a handful of nearby hotels and they book up QUICKLY.

In your case it wont be that it's too far ahead to book (I've booked nearly a year in advance for some things, try a different city with the same dates), it'll likely be that they're gone.

Thanks for replying, otherwise I may have waited. I think I may have booked one of the last remaining hotel rooms in Nagoya (not at an obscene price). Phew, heart was racing this morning!

mclem

Im happy massa is back on form though, it was getting quite sad to see how far he had fallen.

His race pace still needs a little work, but it really feels like the old Massa is back, and that's delightful. Something just clicked for him right at the end of last season. Even if he's not at Ferrari next year, I suspect he'll still be racing.

smiggyRT

Massa's doing much better, still not won a race in a very long time though. Last time was in 2008 though he probably would have won that one race...

Massa had 2 good qualifications this year and one good race. It takes more than that to say someone is back.

Massa will flop again soon, I feel sorry for you guys who put stock in him :lol

Didn't you guys hear, he outqualified Alonso 4 times. He's clearly Ferrari's #1 after that and he's absolutely confident about winning the WDC now.

I still remember Monaco last year, when Massa had some "crazy pace" at the beginning of the race and Alonso was holding everyone up, because he was saving tyres. GAF went nuts.

Boobless

Neo Member
578166_10200546743006621_966966219_n.jpg

tarby

Neo Member
So I'm curious… how many people in here will be attending a race this year? And which one?

I'm planning to attend Spa this year and maybe Austin if hotel prices come down.

So I'm curious&#8230; how many people in here will be attending a race this year? And which one?

I'm planning to attend Spa this year and maybe Austin if hotel prices come down.
Germany, would have done Spa but I wanted La Source tickets.

I booked a villa and a car rather than trying to mess around with hotels near the venue.

Seanspeed

Banned
That's what I thought as well. Bianchi doesn't really have any big sponsors, so you'd think Marussia could find a rookie with more money under his belt. Why pick Bianchi, if not for the Ferrari connection?
For an actual performer, maybe. It could simply be a risk they're taking to try and beat Caterham to that last, important paying constructor position. They see Caterham pick two mediocre rookies, so they hedge their bets that with someone like Bianchi, they can actually finish better than them.

Chris R

Price gouging. $500 + per night hotel rooms that are usually $80-120. I even have a place to stay for free but won't be going this year to try and make a point.

I understand a premium but it's a little dumb.

I enjoyed my drive from San Antonio even if it means I missed out on the party atmosphere of downtown Austin while the race was on.

Free hotel room in SA and the drive was only ~60-80 mins each day.

So I'm curious… how many people in here will be attending a race this year? And which one?

Japanese GP for me, my first F1 race since 1986! Just want to hear the engines one more time before the grid turns into Toyota Prii next year.

Yoritomo

I enjoyed my drive from San Antonio even if it means I missed out on the party atmosphere of downtown Austin while the race was on.

Free hotel room in SA and the drive was only ~60-80 mins each day.

I had booked a year early and was able to get 120 a night in round rock.

DBT85

Japanese GP for me, my first F1 race since 1986! Just want to hear the engines one more time before the grid turns into Toyota Prii next year.

Go to Goodwood one year, you'll hear the golden oldies from 20 feet away :D

Though I have no doubts the 15k rpm v6 turbos are going to sound great, just different.

dubc35

"I know he doesn't like it when people talk to him on the grid so wish him luck from us."
"...What?"
"Thank you very much"

lol

for the press conference after the podium interview, is that live online somewhere to watch post race or available only to uk? I am watching f1 through nbc sports and we dont see that.

for the press conference after the podium interview, is that live online somewhere to watch post race or available only to uk? I am watching f1 through nbc sports and we dont see that.
The public post-race conference was replaced with the podium interview. The one after that is for the press only.

Top Bottom