• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Omiee

Vettel's 2.13 Stop on Lap 5

http://i.minus.com/iQWCoE6ttwz38.gif

Webber's 2.05 Stop on Lap 19

http://i.minus.com/ibpk3NNig0RDWT.gif

I'm no good at gifs so I'm gonna link these instead.

i came.

beautiful team work.

Not really. The FXX isn't a street legal car, he's not allowed to drive on public roads with it. It's merely a fancy toy for him.

why would you drive a car like that on the street where you have to keep to the speed limit.

i would bring that thing to nurburgring every freaking day to drive it for hours.

Shaneus

Is there no hope? I want to get into an F1 game, but every year i hear about how many problems there is with them, so im always put off
Not while Codemasters has the license. 2011 had it's fair share of problems and was quite alright, but nowhere near as many issues as 2012. Probably the best one for you to get into unless you run Crossfire, in which case you'll be forced to run in DX9 like I was (until I fluked how to get it running, but that was about 10 months after it was released and ZERO acknowledgement from Codemasters about the issue).

Last I heard (I think), they managed to get the license for the next few years as well... so I'm going to give up even trying, even when 2013 is discounted to within an inch of it's life (unless they include something like team orders, in which case I'd buy just for the novelty value).

dubc35

Not while Codemasters has the license. 2011 had it's fair share of problems and was quite alright, but nowhere near as many issues as 2012. Probably the best one for you to get into unless you run Crossfire, in which case you'll be forced to run in DX9 like I was (until I fluked how to get it running, but that was about 10 months after it was released and ZERO acknowledgement from Codemasters about the issue).

Last I heard (I think), they managed to get the license for the next few years as well... so I'm going to give up even trying, even when 2013 is discounted to within an inch of it's life (unless they include something like team orders, in which case I'd buy just for the novelty value).

If 2011 on ps3 was 60fps it would have been pretty damn good, the rain issues notwithstanding. I too won't buy another F1 game made by Codeinterns.

Shaneus

Holy motherload!
mGGpMej.jpg

Dead Man

Yeah, no. I don't think I'll be continuing with that forced installation of adware on my pc thanks jdownloader installer!

Why on earth would people try and force this crap on you? Unbelievable. The opt-out toolbar was bad enough, the next one gives you no choice at all.

It does, it is just gray so it looks like you can't select it. But yeah, not convinced.

Hammer24

Banned
With few data from winter testing, and few testing times over the year team are forced to use Fridays FP´s to try out new car parts. FER is expected to bring a whole lot of new parts to China, and WIL to bring the new exhaust.
AMS has collected fotos of changes, that have already been made, I´ll post a few here:

Lotus-F1-Technik-2013-19-fotoshowImageNew-dbdf540a-673606.jpg

New exhaust an RAI car in Sepang, that GRO will also get for China GP

Lotus-F1-Technik-2013-19-fotoshowImageNew-d5a539de-673607.jpg

New end plates on both LOT front wings

Lotus-F1-Technik-2013-19-fotoshowImageNew-7f77a3d5-673609.jpg

Unusual six piece barge boards on both LOT.

New diffusors for RBR, pic1 old, pic2 new.

McLaren-F1-Technik-2013-19-fotoshowImageNew-3e01fa81-673625.jpg

Handsaw usage at MCL, they hat to cut 1cm due to more than expected tyre shape change in corners and when breaking.

More pics, also from FER and MER, seen here.

Gruso

Jdownloader itself is fine. It's a shame every piece of decent freeware seems to be going down the path of nasty, opt-out adware these days. Google 'jdownloader adware' and read the rage on their forums. I don't think I'd want to touch it now either.

I think it all went to crap about mid-2012. You can get a Feb 2012 version here: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/JDownloader/old-versions

And even older ones here: http://www.filehorse.com/download-jdownloader/5609/old-versions/

I once grabbed the 1976-2010 reviews in a single, monstrous 40GB torrent. No longer active sadly.

jambo

The TVDB for XBMC has an F1 Season Review section, with art and what not.

Yeah, no. I don't think I'll be continuing with that forced installation of adware on my pc thanks jdownloader installer!

Why on earth would people try and force this crap on you? Unbelievable. The opt-out toolbar was bad enough, the next one gives you no choice at all.

You can opt out. I've had no issues with JDownloader during and since installing it.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
You can opt out. I've had no issues with JDownloader during and since installing it.

I usually just run applications that I am unsure about in its own VM. I haven't used JDownloader for a while so I am unsure how it will run.

Shaneus

Guys, just get a downloader plugin for Firefox or whatever. I have one for Waterfox called DownloadHelper and it works on Vimeo just fine :)

That guys site is a goldmine. I want to leech as much as I can from there before it's taken down... I've started from the last page and am working forwards.

Lach

Yep...I have to archive this to have material for F1less periods in the year.

Last year I had found a channel on justin.tv that was continuosly full F1 races from the 80's and 90's (usually the whole season during the period of 2-3 days). That was awesome but it got eventually taken down by the FIA...

Gruso

Yep...I have to archive this to have material for F1less periods in the year.

Last year I had found a channel on justin.tv that was continuosly full F1 races from the 80's and 90's (usually the whole season during the period of 2-3 days). That was awesome but it got eventually taken down by the FIA...
There's one that's still going strong. Quote for more info.

XBMC + JTV plugin = never a dull moment in my loungeroom. Love it.

Gruso

No worries gents :) Interesting to hear American voices at the moment. The 90s coverage is generally Walker & co, bookended by big Darrel Eastlake and AJ.

Expect some cheeky Sky content on race weekends too.

Is there no hope? I want to get into an F1 game, but every year i hear about how many problems there is with them, so im always put off
It's full of problems but F1 2011 has to be the better game of the 4 they made thus far. I used to spend hours on end just racing and making my own objectives and for the most part it worked. I got fucked a few times by my race engineer but that was the extended of the problems.

It's still really fun to drive as Rosberg from the back of the line in Japan and try and do better than him in real life etc. I think I've spent around 50 hours of just racing, no career.

moojito

Guys, just get a downloader plugin for Firefox or whatever. I have one for Waterfox called DownloadHelper and it works on Vimeo just fine :)

That guys site is a goldmine. I want to leech as much as I can from there before it's taken down... I've started from the last page and am working forwards.

Yeah, free download manager is working fine with it. Goldmine is definitely the right word. This stuff is amazing!

Az

I am not even suprised Hamilton drives a Zonda, and it's purple. Man got no style.
/hate

It's still ugly though.

dubc35

As long as it isn't under the Scion name. Then all the cars would need to be stanced or hellaflush in addition to requiring illest and fatlace stickers.

Mastah

N_130077_new-630x300.jpg

Back in 2010 I never thought that Kobayashi would be Ferrari driver before Kubica and yet it really happened.

Shaneus

If the Toyota/Lexus thing comes true how likely would it be that they seek out Japanese talent?
Toyota/Lexus what-what?

No worries gents :) Interesting to hear American voices at the moment. The 90s coverage is generally Walker & co, bookended by big Darrel Eastlake and AJ.

Expect some cheeky Sky content on race weekends too.
Is Darrel Eastlake an international personality, or are you Australian?

There's one that's still going strong. Quote for more info.

XBMC + JTV plugin = never a dull moment in my loungeroom. Love it.
Rad. I've just MacGuyvered a thing on my work PC so my iPhone connects to our "test" wifi network (direct internet connection, no work proxy) and I have a VM running that connects straight to that. Hopefully JTV plays alright in a VM!

Dead Man

With few data from winter testing, and few testing times over the year team are forced to use Fridays FP´s to try out new car parts. FER is expected to bring a whole lot of new parts to China, and WIL to bring the new exhaust.
AMS has collected fotos of changes, that have already been made, I´ll post a few here:

Lotus-F1-Technik-2013-19-fotoshowImageNew-dbdf540a-673606.jpg

New exhaust an RAI car in Sepang, that GRO will also get for China GP

Lotus-F1-Technik-2013-19-fotoshowImageNew-d5a539de-673607.jpg

New end plates on both LOT front wings

Lotus-F1-Technik-2013-19-fotoshowImageNew-7f77a3d5-673609.jpg

Unusual six piece barge boards on both LOT.

New diffusors for RBR, pic1 old, pic2 new.

McLaren-F1-Technik-2013-19-fotoshowImageNew-3e01fa81-673625.jpg

Handsaw usage at MCL, they hat to cut 1cm due to more than expected tyre shape change in corners and when breaking.

More pics, also from FER and MER, seen here.
Those segmented barge boards look interesting.
Is Darrel Eastlake an international personality, or are you Australian?
Dazza should be an international personality, his is big enough.

Shaneus

Haha, this is true. It was funny watching him interview Webber prior to the start of the 2002 Australian GP. Probably the closest we'd have these days to a Murray Walker personality-wise, but without the knowledge (though MW didn't always show that side of him very well either ;) ).

Top Bottom