• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Pls guys

He says he's gonna post more often in our thread.

pls take him back

tumblr_mka6j1rFP11rozojao1_500.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Guys if you don't take Omiee back I'll PM all your mothers with pictures of Vettel tattooed on my small veiny dick

u hav been warned

Omiee

It's been widely known for yonks that Mateschitz is batting for Webber and Marko for Vettel. I knew Mateschitz was high up, but I didn't realise he was basically the guy at the top of Red Bull (the drinks company). Must feel alright to have a multi-billionaire on your side!

He owns the company together with another guy from japan or china i think.

The other guy's son was in some controversy because of a crash he has in his sports car.

Seems likely Webber will stay with the team so that RBR can add a young guy as well.

Vettel will probably change teams after his contract ends.

Omiee

All im saying is im not used to that kind of thing happening in this thread.

No matter how heated things get here we keep things civil in this thread.

Wilbur

Banned
All im saying is im not used to that kind of thing happening in this thread.

No matter how heated things get here we keep things civil in this thread.

We keep things civil in there too though. You say you're a long time lurker but that's the mood of footyGAF. It was clearly tongue in cheek. We call each other cunts in every post because we know it's a joke.

Genuinely think the least you can do is PM the original mod you PM'd and explain.

Omiee

We keep things civil in there too though. You say you're a long time lurker but that's the mood of footyGAF. It was clearly tongue in cheek. We call each other cunts in every post because we know it's a joke.

Genuinely think the least you can do is PM the original mod you PM'd and explain.

So there are exceptions where you post it? Any other thread you would be banned for it.

Why would football gaf be any different?

Wilbur

Banned
So there are exceptions where you post it? Any other thread you would be banned for it.

Why would football gaf be any different?

a) because its a community thread
b) because there's cameraderie between posters
c) because it was tongue in cheek
d) because it happens all the time and no one gets banned for it
e) because its weird that a lurker would feel compelled to rat like a weirdo

How much did you pay for a ticket?

Do you think thats a good deal that groupon is having?

Oh, just ever so slightly more than that. (3 tickets, €400 each).

I can't speak for the deal as I don't know how much the normal tickets cost. Look at Book F1 for a comparison.

Hammer24

Banned
Some news:
- MCL Sam Michael talked about the RBR pit stops:
-- five of RBR´s six pit stops were under 2.5 sec, so it was no fluke
-- he thinks ist a combination of things
-- higher pressure on the impact wrench (LOT wanted it restricted to 20 bar, but RBR declined, so speculation is they run it between 30-40 bar)
-- RBR always immediately repacks the impact wrenches after use, making the other teams suspicious
-- Sam Michael thinks they modified the wheel nuts, as RBR are the only team to not mount the wheel straight onto the car, but swing it on sideways, which would only be possible if it has a special tight fit
- FER did a race simulation what would have happened, if ALO had come in and got a new front wing. Result: best case was a #9 finish, so they think they didn´t really lose too much.
- WIL can´t fit the old exhaust to the new car, as the undercarriage simply doesn´t fit. They still have not the slightest idea whats going wrong (they only think its the coanda), as their wind tunnel data gives totally different results from the on track data

My take for the China GP:
A very special course with some very long radius, but very slow corners. One of the very few tracks that uses front tyres way more than rear tyres - the main reason Merc won last year. This year they are opening a second DRS Zone, while not ideal it could make for some interesting counter maneuvers. Cars will be setup with less downforce and less ride height (which should help MCL).
I expect:
- an average of 3 pit stops per team
- at temperatures around 20°C a RBR 1-2 finish
- at significantly lower temps a lot of graining and a LOT win
- at significantly higher temps a tyre war and a Merc win
- watch out for SUT, he could be a Wildcard here

cmr-94

Well Vettel doesn't seem very sorry.

'I respect Mark as a driver but he's never helped me out to be honest'

'faced with the same situation I'd probably do the same thing again'

Obviously not sorry then for 'going against the team'. Contradicting himself

Shaneus

Webber has a new hair cut. Looks young.
Ooh, where'd you see this?

Well Vettel doesn't seem very sorry.

'I respect Mark as a driver but he's never helped me out to be honest'

'faced with the same situation I'd probably do the same thing again'

Vettel confident/punchy. Taking major heat from fiery media questions. Says even if he had def understood message would still have done it https://twitter.com/MBrundleF1/status/322261743424385024

Brundle's twitter
Each of those were a tweet from Brundle?

Obviously not sorry then for 'going against the team'. Contradicting himself
So yeah, doesn't know which of his guns to stick by. First he's sorry, then he's not. Probably wouldn't have had as much animosity directed toward him (even from Webber) if he had been straight like that from the onset.

Gutless. Hope Mark rips him a new one (on the track).

Shaneus

Rad, thanks. Just had a look, here's a link. Edit: Found a link to the whole thing. No idea how long it'll be up for. And crikey, too right about his buzz cut!

Edit #2: Haha, such a character from his opening statement about his haircut. "Shit, it's a bit short"

#3: Yeah, definitely makes him look a LOT younger.

Shaneus

Wow, that's terrible. It looks like Malaysia hit him harder than I thought.
Watch the conference :p

Webs handled himself quite well with some of the questions, I think. Seemed to make a point of saying that sometime later in the season, regarding his future he'll be having a chat with Dietrich. No mention of anyone else.

Shaneus

I seem to remember reading in the past that's how all his RBR contracts have been handeld.
Yeah, that sounds like it makes sense. Conversely, I'm curious to know whether Vettel follows the same channels or not. Is Webber still managed by Briatore?

PS. <3 you, Mark:
DhrFI2R.png

Meteorain

Those Vettel comments about Mark; brilliant.

Ofc Mark didn't help him, he can barely help himself. Putting him in a RB car is a waste. He starts at the lights about as fast as my grandma.

Probably about time Vettel brought that shit up. Seems Webber expected something from Vettel that he stated proudly that he'd never do himself.

Anyway, as previously stated, there's no need to worry about team orders at Red Bull any more.

Such a waste that Vettel had to whine on the radio so he could get past, and then lost ground on him.

Probably part of the reason he ended up with more fuel than Webber. I guess if you can sit back and conserve your tires / fuel for later then it's worth it... well, if your team lets you attack anyway (see also Rosberg).

So Vettel is saying that when he apologised it was for not understanding multi-21, but also that he would probably do it again...? Then he said the last thing he wanted as a team member was to disobey a team order, but that he wouldn't have given the place back if ordered because Mark didn't deserve it. That makes no sense. What a lying piece of shit he's shown himself to be.

TCRS

Banned
Nope, you can keep him.

cheerssnae4.gif

Man I miss him. At first I didn't like it him at all but then Jake, Jordan and Coulthard became the best team ever. I have never been more entertained before and after the races than with those three over the last three seasons. BBC really had the best F1 programme. Seeing Coulthard alone last race (I watched the highlights on iplayer) with that new one was quite sad.

Bring him back. :/

Man I miss him. At first I didn't like it him at all but then Jake, Jordan and Coulthard became the best team ever. I have never been more entertained before and after the races than with those three over the last three seasons. BBC really had the best F1 programme. Seeing Coulthard alone last race (I watched the highlights on iplayer) with that new one was quite sad.

Bring him back. :/

I know exactly how you feel and the Sky fanboy that trolls by every now and then makes me laugh every time, when he says how superior their coverage is.

But, as Eddie put it nicely, Jake left to cover a lesser sport.

Yeah, it was a shame to see him go, but I think he realised the writing was on the wall for BBC F1 coverage, and the BBC did pretty much screw him on Olympics coverage.

Top Bottom