• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Shaneus

At work... now :( Does the BBC iOS app stream video as well or just audio?

The audio was perfect for keeping up to date at Albert Park (with no KangarooTV) :)

SMD

Hahahahaha

Q: Are you clear on how things are going from now on?

Webber: Erm?

Q: Helmut Marko said that there are no team orders from now.

Webber: Um...... yes, Helmut. Next question.

hamchan

BBC article with Vettels comments.

Sebastian Vettel: I may disobey Red Bull orders again

What is the point of making a comment and getting headlines like that on the same day we hear RBR say there will be no teams orders in future?

PR Fail.

Ha ha, I actually kinda like Vettel being an asshole. It's quite funny.

Asked if he would have given the place back had team principal Christian Horner ordered him to do so over the radio, Vettel said: "I didn't mean to ignore the team's order. I heard it, but I didn't understand it the proper way. I apologised for that.

"Had I understood, I think [if] I had thought about it and reflected on what leaving Mark in first place meant, I probably would have done the same thing because Mark doesn't deserve that."

Love this guy.

Igo

"Had I understood, I think [if] I had thought about it and reflected on what leaving Mark in first place meant, I probably would have done the same thing because Mark doesn't deserve that."
The guy in the interview who responded to Vettel on that got it absolutely right. Vettel knew exactly what he was doing, and he did it because he didn't believe Webber deserved the protection.

Those pre-race strategies are probably gone now because like Vettel said, he'll never follow them should he be behind.

He really needs to drop the bullshit about not understanding the message, though. No one is buying that shit and he's taking his team for fools.

jambo

I notice a lot of drivers are going outside the lines on the final corner. I wonder if they'll crack down on that in qualifying.

FIA doesn't seem to give a shit about the white lines any more. I can remember DC mentioning it a lot in the first few races he commentated with Brundle on BBC.

dubc35

FIA doesn't seem to give a shit about the white lines any more. I can remember DC mentioning it a lot in the first few races he commentated with Brundle on BBC.

I remember that too. It's like they care on some circuits but not others. The exit of Ascari in Monza is one that everyone goes outside the line.

edit, whew...I thought my go to source for streaming went down, not the case!

Perez....smh

Shaneus

Looks like Mercedes versus Red Bull again this weekend.
There is no "Red Bull". Only Webber and Vettel.

mark-webber-glass_o_gtou6b.gif

now if only they could get the rest of the races back. Fucking Ecclestone.

Sure, because its not like the health of the team's personnel has anything to do with it.

I'm pretty sure it's addressed in the drivers' briefings where it is alright to cut them.

Hammer24

Banned
edit: mhh seems the tyre degradation is unbelievable fast. i am tired of these tyres to be honest.

Hah, they are the only thing spicing this season up. I mean, with the big changes coming up for next year, how long do you expect teams to continue developing this years cars? At least the second half of the season would be unbearably boring.

Mastah

Is that the Aussie girl from Chuck at exactly one minute? Sitting down in the blue dress, not the nurse.

It's Olivia Wilde.

edit: mhh seems the tyre degredation is unbelievable fast. i am tired of these tyres to be honest.

Nah, all is good. Button locks up tyre, which delaminates instantly - it's perfectly normal. Alonso starts his race simulation, during which he loses 5 second in 6 laps, despite looking after tyres

17 1:42.668
18 1:43.809
19 1:45.745
20 1:45.722
21 1:46.043
22 1:46.355
23 1:47.513

It's perfectly normal. What a show.

I wish F1 continued with 2010 rules, but added KERS again. What we have now is ridiculous, passing is easy even for not talented drivers, defending is nonexistent and races are all about tyre management. When tyres degrade insanely fast, despite looking after them, there is something very wrong with the sport.

Hammer24

Banned
Tyres are the same for everyone. Whoever gets his car to work best with them, will win. Right now they are the only thing keeping RBR from total domination.

duckroll

Vettel is an arrogant fuck for what he said about Webber. Rapidly losing all respect for him. Not only did he say he would probably do it again (after apologizing to the team for doing so), he also had to stick it with "he didn't deserve to win". What a punk. Hope he gets humbled this weekend.

Business

What we have now is ridiculous, passing is easy even for not talented drivers, defending is nonexistent and races are all about tyre management.

What are you talking about? Passing in modern F1 is impossible if you are not seconds a lap quicker than the guy in front. DRS while not ideal tries to compensate the for lack of aero grip you get while under the turbulence generated by the car in front, allowing the faster car behind to be quicker on the straight (because yes for starters you have to be quicker to get inside the 1 second gap) and have a go while braking. Sometimes is not enough sometimes it's too easy. That's all you need to understand. The easy passing by 'non talented' drivers and the non existence of defending you are talking about is nonsense

Hackbert

Tyres are the same for everyone. Whoever gets his car to work best with them, will win. Right now they are the only thing keeping RBR from total domination.

I'm guessing by those P2 times that the Red Bulls (particularly Vettel) don't like the soft tyres.

i will bet, they are sandbagging. Vettels pace trough the first sector was good, and seemed to slow down in the last one.
My ideal startline would be Rosberg,Massa,Kimi, and the rest hehe

Massa seems really comfortable in this years Ferrari

Shaneus

Vettel is an arrogant fuck for what he said about Webber. Rapidly losing all respect for him. Not only did he say he would probably do it again (after apologizing to the team for doing so), he also had to stick it with "he didn't deserve to win". What a punk. Hope he gets humbled this weekend.
I know we've had the odd run in or two in the past... but I knew you were good people.

Sloane

Banned
Agreed, douchiest thing I've ever heard from any driver or "sportsman".

Top Bottom