• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Lach

Yeah, it was a shame to see him go, but I think he realised the writing was on the wall for BBC F1 coverage, and the BBC did pretty much screw him on Olympics coverage.

I think him getting a father had a larger influence on it. He just didn't want to constantly be travelling around the globe anymore...

kharma45

So there are exceptions where you post it? Any other thread you would be banned for it.

Why would football gaf be any different?

Because of this

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494772

"the footies can use cunt again, as a generic British substitute for every word in their language, because the prohibition had good intentions at heart but didn't make much sense in practice."

Good one back seat modding and getting someone banned, truly great work.

Omiee

Because of this

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494772

"the footies can use cunt again, as a generic British substitute for every word in their language, because the prohibition had good intentions at heart but didn't make much sense in practice."

Good one back seat modding and getting someone banned, truly great work.

The 2 mods in the thread already said it was not back seat modding and would like to see more messages like that in their inbox.

I explained the situation and its all good since everyone was joking with me 1 page later :)

Really happy with those Vettel comments, he should have said the same last weekend.

Screw Webber. He never helped Vettel in the past.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Those comments by Vettel are not good for team harmony, I expect he's burning bridges because he's not going to remain at RBR beyond his current contract. I very much doubt that either Marko or Mateschitz would have been happy to see him make them.

I expect a Raikkonen / Webber pairing at RBR more than a Vettel / Raikkonen pairing.

Omiee

Those comments by Vettel are not good for team harmony, I expect he's burning bridges because he's not going to remain at RBR beyond his current contract. I very much doubt that either Marko or Mateschitz would have been happy to see him make them.

I expect a Raikkonen / Webber pairing at RBR more than a Vettel / Raikkonen pairing.

I agree this situation is really not good for the team.

I am not convinced they will win the constructors this year.

Vettel has nowhere to go next year. Lotus doesn't have money, McLaren is a joke and Mercedes is set, unless they push Rosberg out. Alsono just said that he'd end his career at Ferrari and that won't happen next year

Dilly

Banned
Vettel has nowhere to go next year. Lotus doesn't have money, McLaren is a joke and Mercedes is set, unless they push Rosberg out. Alsono just said that he'd end his career at Ferrari and that won't happen next year

Perfect moment to take a sabbatical!

of 20 years.

Omiee

Who would you choose if you were luca? Vettel or Massa?

dubc35

Thank god there's finally a GP this weekend so we can move on from this. I'm not blaming anyone in here; nothing else has happened since then so there is nothing else to talk about. How about weather? lol Looks dry

FbUzEgl.png

Massa gets it:

“I approve of the intelligent use of team orders,” Massa said in China. “And by that, I mean those that come at key moments of the championship, not in the second race of the season. They must be taken with the good of the team in mind. I have helped many drivers, for example with Kimi (Raikkonen) when he won the championship with Ferrari, and again last year with Fernando (Alonso), when he was fighting for the title. I have no problem with team orders that fit these criteria.”

Mercedes does not:

Nico - “The difficulty was that we hadn’t really discussed them beforehand, you know? And so that was the mistake that we did. So, important going forward is that everything is discussed and then whichever way it goes, if I’m in front and Lewis is behind, then he will respect it and vice versa."

Dream scenario for me is that they lose a WDC because they're fucking around with this nonsense, or they get showered with boos on the podium for driving around nose to tail for the final 20 laps. I can only image what Lewis' reaction will be when he inevitably comes up on the short end of this in a critical moment.

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
Okay, new race starting this weekend! FINALLY!!! I hate the damn 3 week breaks as my F1 lust cannot be satiated. BUT, I can't wait to see the improvements to the cars, and changes on the track that a few extra days brings!! :) Time to clear up shit from the last race and move on (of course pretty much about RB) No tl;dr explanations, read it or don't.

I have no problem with Vettel, he's being a racer through and through and I'm glad RB officially ditched team orders as it's always been a joke at that team anyway (IMO I hate team orders period as I miss watching the ruthless racing from the 80s and 90s I watched growing up). Webber was publicly being a whiny bitch because he was sour at the outcome, understandably so. He wanted Vettel to follow team orders when he's clearly broken them in the past under pretty much the same circumstances. Given opportunity, Webber would have definitely done the same thing as he's proven to have done already. The only difference in this particular case was that Vettel was able to pull it off while when Webber broke team orders and tried, he still couldn't get by Vettel. What's really annoying is the fucking medias portrayal of poor wronged Webber and evil Vettel. Fuck sakes, a guy with that kind of chin is never a fucking damsel in distress.... God dammit media, you need a history lesson, this shit isn't new from an F1 standpoint, or even within this team.

While so many here seem to instinctively hate on Vettel (doesn't really matter the reason) they should look at Webber objectively as well. Both of them want to win, both of them have broken team orders when the opportunity arose, both of them whined to the team about following team orders when it's convenient for them, both of them have stated they would break team orders.

There's only a couple of differences between them. First Webber is vocally a no bullshit guy, which I admire. If you're going to speak your mind, don't fuck around. I see mirrored similarities between Webber vocally as I do Massa driving hahah! It's in your face for better or worse and there's no hiding it. Vettel on the other hand, is a love hate, the guy is fucking amazing to watch on track, he does things and pulls off moves that a lot of the times would result in a crash if many of the other drivers attempted them (well in this new age of baby F1 anyway). Also, he seems like a nice guy with a fun loving attitude. Then you hear the team radio and a few interviews where he's whining about something, or backtracking. Then you think about it, he's still really young, has 3 world championships, and for him expectations that things should be done for him. Son, you're a triple world champion, but if you want a 4th, buckle down and earn it yourself on the track, no freebies.

This kind of thing happens with so many successful racers, after they keep on winning, they start to think they have entitlements to do so. Vettel, I like ya buddy, but stop with the whiny rich kid syndrome and get back to your roots of kicking ass on the track and proving why you're better that way. Also, don't fucking apologize for shit clearly you and everyone else know you're not sorry about (and then say you'd do it again...) Take a cue from Webber in this case, no bullshit. You're not sorry, so don't say you are, you were racing end of story. But again, I see no problem with Vettel, just the ridiculous drama that happened because of it.

Of course all of this could have been avoided if they just did what they chose to do sooner, which was get rid of the damn team orders!! THANK YOU RB for letting this old F1 fan watch better F1 (well for 1 team anyway). Now Webber and Vettel, if you really want it, take it, nothing is stopping you and hopefully nothing is given to you. Just don't fucking crash into each other again!

Now, on to this weekend!!!! :D

kharma45

The 2 mods in the thread already said it was not back seat modding and would like to see more messages like that in their inbox.

I explained the situation and its all good since everyone was joking with me 1 page later :)

Oh, not what I was told.

It's too early in the season for this sort of order. If one driver was in a clear lead over the other for championship, then I'd understand and hopefully the other driver would take one for the team.

Wondering how this weeks race will be after all this drama. RBR drivers self destructing and proving team orders are necessary or will they be civil? Hoping for a good race while finishing up taxes.

SMD

Still 90 mins until it starts right?

At the time of your post, yep. 2.55am start on BBC2 here, I'm chuffed that they're doing the FP sessions live this season, now if only they could get the rest of the races back. Fucking Ecclestone.

Top Bottom