• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
From the Autosport forum, the RB 10.

pPCVgcf.jpg

zRX9LBY.jpg

Mastah

Kobayashi is done for today:

Caterham F1 Team ‏@CaterhamF1 2m

We found a Power Unit related fuel system issue in FP1 & had to take the engine off @kamui_kobayashi's car to fix it so we can run tomorrow

Giantbomb's new F1 podcast with Drew and Danny brought me for a casual interest in this season. See sunhi is here so I;m already doing better than I was a few moments ago.

Must see what I can watch here in Ireland.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
RBR sand bagging I see until Melbourne
They have the speed in the car just need to get the car relability sorted.

Animal

Banned
I'm so excited to be back for another season with y'all! The cars look so torquey and difficult to drive out of a corner.

Happy F1 everyone!

I can't believe the ticket guy tried to stop hamilton for his paddock pass. What a moron.

navanman

Well the dream was nice to have for at least one practice session. Congrats Seb!
??
Not seeing that so far. I think Rosberg is showing that the Mercedes has a nice time gap to the RBR with Vettel only able to get within 0.6 of his time compared to Riccardio 0.8s.
Lets see what Hamilton does when he switches to soft tyre.

Chris R

RBR close now, give it three races for them to be back to pole -> inclosable gap after 1 lap like the back half of last season.

What was he saying?

The camera was on him as he was on the pit wall watching cars fly by, he turns around, removes his headphones (car drives past), and declares that "the sound of the cars is shit". Shaking his head with a look of disappointment/sadness. "This is not F1. Fuck you Bernie".

I went to my first ever GP at the inaugural US GP in Austin 2 years ago. It was such an awesome experience, but being new to this sort of thing, I didn't plan it out so well. By the time I tried to get hotels, just about everything was sold out. My dad, brother, and I had to stay in two different hotels for our two nights there. Both were on the outskirts of Austin, and both were charging obscene rent. Then we had to drive to one of the bus pickup stops downtown, and walk nearly a mile to the track from the bus drop off. At my dad's age this definitely wasn't ideal. The event itself left a great impression on me, however, and I'd like to go back this year

But I want to do it right this time. I'm looking for advice from any experienced GP goers out there. Is it better to find some sort of package deal with tickets/hotel? Is it worth buying the weekend parking pass? Since my dad is handicapped, is there some sort of handicap parking that we could take advantage of? Does anyone recommend some quality hotels? I just want to have the best experience possible this time, and not worry about all this extraneous stuff once I'm there.

navanman

All cars doing race simulations now. Both Mercedes cars around 0.5s faster than Vettel.
1.33 laps vs 1.34 for the best of the rest.

Zeknurn

So for race pace Mercedes look leagues above the rest and Ferrari looks worse than Red Bull.

Is it too late to hope for rain?

Omiee

i hope this is a sign that red bull have somewhat fixed their problems. Id like vettel to be in a car where he can be competitive and fight with ferrari and mercedes for wins.

He said the sound of F1 is dead, we need to bring the sound back.

"The sound of F1" is a ridiculous statement. F1 has had many sounds in its many incarnations, this is just the latest.

Personally I find the opportunity to hear the tyres squealing far more appealing than the engines being obnoxiously loud.

Shaneus

are trackside people pissed off that there isnt a deafening sound anymore with the cars?
That's been the biggest thing to come from the engine changes, IMO. It honestly can't be understated just how quiet the cars are now. Literally did not need to use my earplugs once during either session today, and when we bailed early from FP2, could barely hear them at all when waiting for a shuttle tram back to the train station.

It's really, really weird. I'm curious about whether it'll affect broadcasts.

On the bright side, my little mini stereo voice recorder thing was able to record everything without clipping. So if there's any demand for some sounds from where I was sitting, I'll be more than happy to upload the MP3s. They came out better than I thought. But no way could I have done the same thing last year, far too loud.

But to answer your question, yeah, my brother and I both thought it took away from the atmosphere. At least it was easier to hear whatever commentary they had streaming via the F1 app :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom