• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyD

aka andydumi
How is anything going to make the pitstops even shorter? It's 2.5 seconds for 4 wheels for goodness sake.

One approach is the hydraulic jacks in the floor to auto lift/drop the cars. Expensive though.

Also higher speed limits in pits? Shorter pit lanes (less entry/exit time).

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Or replace them with robots,but there is chance that Mclaren would create Skynet, imagine killer robots with Ron's smile

Strategy Group coming with the awesome ideas again.

Autosport

Strategy group does this:

Make sweeping changes
Add major budget restrictions
Freeze development

Result:
One team leaps aheads with other unable to catch up due to development freezes, we get a run away season.

Then they go back to the drawing board doing the SAME EXACT THING AGAIN! in an effort to create parity.

Chris R

A reduction in race length? Why? The races are the perfect length now. What are we going to do, make them last only an hour?

I think the races are longer than they need to be with zero refueling limiting the strategy the teams can run. Not by much though, maybe 10 laps or so.

John_B

A standing start after safety car? That would immediately increase the chances of needing another safety car. The drivers are like animals starting on the first lap, it would be brutal with only 5 laps to go and everyone eyeing the podium.

Shaneus

They should send all pit crews to a training school run by Webber's old crew. Or the one that fucked Danny's stop two weekends ago.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Not that I´m aware of. Guess they run a tighter ship now. :)

It would be funny to see how RBR and Ferrari are talking about boatload of new parts and in the end, gap to Mercedes would stay the same or even widen a bit (Lowe: let's get those engines on 80% ) :D

Gerhard Berger doesn't believe RedBull can catch up with Mercedes. He thinks RBR still has the best car when it comes to aerodynamics but without a miracle by Renault there is no way to beat Mercedes in the long run.

Fox Mulder

so I'm playing the F1 2013 game and noticed how the German tracks don't alternate in career mode. Codemasters has the tracks obviously, why not implement the unique changing schedule thing in career mode, or at least have Hockenheim as a playable track in the 2013 game.

so I'm playing the F1 2013 game and noticed how the German tracks don't alternate in career mode. Codemasters has the tracks obviously, why not implement the unique changing schedule thing in career mode, or at least have Hockenheim as a playable track in the 2013 game.

I suspect the contract from the FIA for this game is for 2013 only, they have to make sure you buy yearly installments.

Hammer24

Banned
The thinking at Merc is, if they can win Barcelona with 20+ secs, they got the season in the bag. Many teams would start shifting serious resources to next years cars.
Area with biggest room for improvements right now: getting the RPM´s up, closer to the limit.

Juicy Bob

I suspect the contract from the FIA for this game is for 2013 only, they have to make sure you buy yearly installments.
Yep. The FOM license is notoriously restrictive. I have no doubt that Codemasters would love to do a lot of things that would enhance their career mode, like driver moves and calendar changes, but they just aren't allowed.

However, they can certainly be blamed for a lot of issues with their games...

Shaneus

The thinking at Merc is, if they can win Barcelona with 20+ secs, they got the season in the bag. Many teams would start shifting serious resources to next years cars.
Area with biggest room for improvements right now: getting the RPM´s up, closer to the limit.
Could one of those teams shifting focus be Merc as well?

Also, with the split turbo or whatever it was in the Merc engine providing the lion's share of the extra power, is it fair to say that Renault will go down that path and the power difference will be negligible (if any)?

Hammer24

Banned
Could one of those teams shifting focus be Merc as well?

Nope. They want this year so badly, there will be no (serious) shifting before this thing is securely in the bag.

Also, with the split turbo or whatever it was in the Merc engine providing the lion's share of the extra power, is it fair to say that Renault will go down that path and the power difference will be negligible (if any)?

As usual, the pursuers will try to copy the leader. The question is, if that´ll be possible in the allotted time space. Splitting the turbo, thus mitigating the temp problems, would also mean you have to build your car around an engine of different size specs.
What do you think: is REN already able to give the teams these specs for next years cars?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Plus engines are freezed for the reminder of the season, so every major tweaks (ie. different turbo sizes, component placement) should wait till next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom