• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer24

Banned
Plus engines are freezed for the reminder of the season, so every major tweaks (ie. different turbo sizes, component placement) should wait till next year.

But what if REN declare their current turbo placement unsafe? We know FIA will show leniency this year.

But what if REN declare their current turbo placement unsafe? We know FIA will show leniency this year.

Return of the massive intakes I hope...
1200px-Tyrrell_006_leads_Trojan_T103.jpg

Ark

Regardless of whether RBR or Merc take both titles, it'll be hilarious that the last McLaren/Ferrari title was in 2008.

I used to have faith that McLaren would win something, but now they're just a moving disappointment. Though I still have blind-hope that Ferrari will stage a comeback.

NHale

Yep. The FOM license is notoriously restrictive. I have no doubt that Codemasters would love to do a lot of things that would enhance their career mode, like driver moves and calendar changes, but they just aren't allowed.

However, they can certainly be blamed for a lot of issues with their games...

They could however create a career mode with generic drivers (allowing editing of course...cough...) and implement those ideas that way.

As it stands career mode is just a glorified season mode lasting 7 seasons.

Could one of those teams shifting focus be Merc as well?

Also, with the split turbo or whatever it was in the Merc engine providing the lion's share of the extra power, is it fair to say that Renault will go down that path and the power difference will be negligible (if any)?

I don't think you will see any "focus shifting" as 2015 will be 2014 with new noses (because FIA realised they made a mistake with the penis noses) and more optimised power units (which should improve packaging, reduce size of engine cover/sidepods).

The only teams, right now, I could see "focus shifting" are McLaren (because of Honda, and because, well, their car sucks) and Sauber. But even then, whatever breakthrough they make in 2014 should be carried over to the 2015 car without too much problems - again, because of their new PU, it might not be the case for McLaren.

When I see F1 drivers with amazing cars it makes me happy because I know they know how to drive the fuck out of those cars and appreciate how insane they are.

Ark

When I see F1 drivers with amazing cars it makes me happy because I know they know how to drive the fuck out of those cars and appreciate how insane they are.

I agree. We all know how good Hamilton is so it's nice to see him in a truly dominant car, as opposed to someone like Villeneuve.

Shaneus

Yeah, I was a bit happy when I heard Webber (and I think Vettel) both bought 911 GT3s a few years back. Damn nice cars.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Looks like Mercedes cars are quite common within Mercedes powered teams. Are they getting discount? :D

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Looks like Williams tested some new parts in China, that will be fine tuned for Barcelona, according to Valteri Bottas interview on Autosport.

Looks like Williams tested some new parts in China, that will be fine tuned for Barcelona, according to Valteri Bottas interview on Autosport.

I hope they can get them to work, because they really need them. Williams is the most disappointing team of the season so far.

Hammer24

Banned
I hope they can get them to work, because they really need them. Williams is the most disappointing team of the season so far.

I´d even go so far as to say: they are living on borrowed time right now. The only thing keeping them competitive is the engine, and the others are catching up.

I agree. We all know how good Hamilton is so it's nice to see him in a truly dominant car, as opposed to someone like Villeneuve.

Lol, I was referring to the posts with the drivers and their supercars. Same with Rally drivers, awesome seeing them in "normal" cars because the car control to them is so pedestrian at that level.

Shaneus

wJ3Gb1tl.jpg
pbkiPTrl.jpg

:(

Died 20 years ago doing what they loved. Rest in peace, Roland and Ayrton. Thankfully the last drivers to lose their lives in Formula 1.

Edit: God damnit, this shit is making me choke up:
When track officials examined the wreckage of Senna's racing car, they found a furled Austrian flag. Senna had planned to raise it after the race, in honour of Ratzenberger.
FIA President Max Mosley attended the funeral of Ratzenberger, despite the overwhelming attention on Senna's funeral, both in the world of motorsport and worldwide. In a press conference ten years later Mosley said, "'Roland had been forgotten. So I went to his funeral because everyone went to Senna's. I thought it was important that somebody went to his."

DrM

Redmond's Baby
And Rubens had major crash on one of free practices, so that weekend that I vividly remember, could be even more tragic

nny

20 years. One of the toughest deaths for me to deal with. I don't think I can see the images of the accident without crying. Haven't tried for a while, not planning to anytime soon.

I miss you, old friend. Thanks for everything.

NHale

Rubens crash at Imola 1994

Found this video on Youtube, when Schumacher bursted into tears after he achieved 41st victory at Italian GP in 2000

Barrichello was very lucky that day. The way is arm was outside the cockpit he could ended up at least with a shattered arm or even worse.

Looking back that weekend was a statistical anomaly and really hard to explain. 8 years without any death in F1 and then suddenly 2 drivers get killed on the same weekend and luckily it wasn't 3.

Hasney

They used this section of this in ITV's farewell segment at the end of the 2008 season. Irks me how hard it is to get hold of whole races, post-race interviews etc.

Yeah, even nefarious means makes it hard. I have 80% of the 2009 season, but anything before that is hard to get hold of.

AcridMeat

Banned
It is very sad that Ratzenburger's death is never mentioned. Not sure why they would have funerals at the same time then though. Seems like a weird oversight.

RIP to both of them, 20 years I can't believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom