• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagami_Sama

I channel here in my country, is transmitting races from the past.

I am just got in to the F1 world in 2000, and it is very interesting see how things evolved.

Yagami_Sama

Is it a free-to-air channel? If so, I'm incredibly jealous.

G'ah! 3-week gaps are horrendous.

No. Cable TV.

All day long they are showing great races of the past in which Senna won, or had a great performance.

It is quite interesting watch this races, I just become a fan of F1, on 2000, in 1998 and 1999 I watched the a few races and root for Hakkinen, but I was too lazy to wake earlier or stop playing video game to watch the races XD;

Mobius 1

iQZbR0KG8anaw.jpg

Can't really write about it. :( Still hurts like it was yesterday.

Yagami_Sama

I just watched this race, when Senna won the first race here in Brazil.

I can't decide if this was the best, or when he "accidentally" hit Prost car in Japan and won the title.

Yeah, even nefarious means makes it hard. I have 80% of the 2009 season, but anything before that is hard to get hold of.

Every season from 1978 on is available complete on torrents (although, for some reason 2004 is proving impossible to complete). Quality is at times shitty, and languages vary, but they are complete. Youtube also has quite a few older races.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Looks like Force India secured new main sponsor - Smirnoff. Kimi's mouth will water every time when he will see Force India passing by.

DBT85

Meeting today to discuss some regulations for the coming years to help reduce costs

The ideas that are up for discussion during Thursday's meeting are:

Tyre blanket ban
Fuel system simplification
Brake duct simplification
Front wing simplification
Gearbox usage flow brought in line with engine life
Increase in curfew
Ban on front and rear interconnected suspension

Standard front impact structure
Standard rear impact structure
Standard final drive system
Standard steering rack

FIA standard active suspension
Move to 18-inch wheel rims

NHale

yeah, i didnt mean neogaf with "over here". the media talked about him and said he ll never be forgotten.

David Brabham actually said something really interesting about people forgetting Roland Ratzenberger death.

BmeIQULIMAAgZ_P.jpg

And it's really true. Does anyone even remember Riccardo Paletti? Not really.

But Roland Ratzenberger is always remembered when anyone talks about Senna's death even if it's just an afterthought.

But Roland Ratzenberger is always remembered when anyone talks about Senna's death even if it's just an afterthought.

I don't really agree with that. If Senna hadn't have died as well, and Roland instead, 20 years later, remained the last driver to have died in an F1 car, the sport would remember that day (and him) as much as they do now.

LeBoef

well, at least brabhams statement is true for the few conversations i had with motorsport friends. via the talks of senna, at the end we talk about ratzenberger.

german and austrian media for sure, dont need senna to remember him. (not that anyone needs any fatal accidents)

DrM

Redmond's Baby
There are some unconfirmed reports that this accident turned out to be a suicide.

He stopped his car on the hard shoulder, went out of the vehicle and somehow ended on the carriageway right in front of the lorry.

Benefit of the doubt on that once... he could have had car problems and wanted to get to an emergency phone to call for assistance.

Probably unlikely though. =/

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Meanwhile, Mercedes is looking to widen the gap once more. With all parts, that should follow their new nose/FW combo, this could be possible.

Yagami_Sama

There is article on Autosport how they plan to salvage this season.

Great. Thanks.

It was right in my face.

So, based on that the article, this season is lost and they aiming to "fix" things within the company first. I hope that this mean something for next year.

Good. I don't like Sony. See they logo on the MacLaren's car would be unpleasant. But Huawei is quite a surprise. I worked for Huawei for more than one year..

One is an electronics company and the other is an electronics company. In the end it's about the money it will generate. Personal preferences are silly imo.

Yagami_Sama

As I mentioned, I just don't like Sony, if other company will put money. I am ok with that.
And by the way, Huawei is a networking and telecommunications equipment and services company.

mclem

Good news, Maldonado is aiming for top-5 in Barcelona.

That is, he's aiming to hit everyone who's currently in the top five in the championship.

Good. I don't like Sony. See they logo on the MacLaren's car would be unpleasant. But Huawei is quite a surprise. I worked for Huawei for more than one year..

The problem I have with Huawei is that I can't get over the fact that it's the sound you make when you vomit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom