• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobius 1

RIP Sir Brabham. One more legend gone.

Also, laugh at me, I got up at 6:30AM ready to watch the Monaco GP... that won't take place until next weekend.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
meanwhile at Mclaren, money is being spend on something else
10306746_10152379305446413_2050027210328394775_n.jpg

cmr-94

It really sucks they need to fix this too many breaks.

Nope, they've pretty much got it spot on this year IMO. Much better than last year. fewer three week breaks and generally just two weeks inbetween most races. you can't have a race every weekend unfortunately!

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Nope, they've pretty much got it spot on this year IMO. Much better than last year. fewer three week breaks and generally just two weeks inbetween most races. you can't have a race every weekend unfortunately!

there is still that one month break between Hungary (July 27th) and Spa (August 24th) :\

BlazeGaj

Neo Member

I'm used to faster schedules with stuff like NASCAR, but they don't hop around the globe like F1 does.

I know its better than last year. Last year was really annoying with longer breaks. I just want to see weekly races with 4 week break in between i guess. I don;t really watch any other motorsport sadly never got into it so don't know how it works there compared to F1.

Given all the cost talk is it not better to have no upgrades allowed until after the break they way any team that has an advantage by doing their homework correctly at the start of the season can try and get as many points before the four week break especially for smaller teams. Of course bigger teams will always have bigger upgrades but smaller teams will have better time frame and chances to make any advantage they might get also by banning any updates during every race bigger teams will make less gains during that time. So basically

start season
Aus, Bah, Mal,china(no upgrades)
four week break(bring upgrades for the European season)
Spain and all other Europe races(no upgrades allowed)
four week break(upgrade allowed)
all the final races(no upgrades allowed)

Would that not be better. Of course if one the big team did better than other big teams at the start then they deserved it since they prepared better.

What do you guys think?

Chris R

Only thing I think they could do better would be to go Malaysia, China, Bahrain and then Abu Dhabi instead of the back and forth they do currently with Bahrain in the middle of two Asian races and the crap at the end.

Mastah

there is still that one month break between Hungary (July 27th) and Spa (August 24th) :\

It's there since 2009. And is it a bad thing that mechanics and other staff can have 2 weeks of free time, when they are working pretty much every day for the rest of other 50 weeks?

Hammer24

Banned
What do you guys think?

I think, there would be no savings had.
- the amount of development would even increase, as you had no chance to try parts, and nip developments in the wrong direction in the bud
- races would get more boring, as teams would have to mail several races in with no chance of improvement
- only the large teams would profit, as they could develop in several directions simultaneously, so the gulf to the smaller teams would widen

I have a question, as I know there are a few stat minded fellows in here.

The McLaren MP4-29. Statistically / comparatively more of a dog or less of a dog than the MP4-28?

DBT85

MP4-28 had achieved 5th,6th,8th, 9th,9th,9th by this time last season.
MP4-29 has achieved 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 9th so far.

BlazeGaj

Neo Member
I think, there would be no savings had.
- the amount of development would even increase, as you had no chance to try parts, and nip developments in the wrong direction in the bud
- races would get more boring, as teams would have to mail several races in with no chance of improvement
- only the large teams would profit, as they could develop in several directions simultaneously, so the gulf to the smaller teams would widen

Excluding Ferrari no other teams have that much problems with developing car/simulator
They can understand their card better with setup & tyres
Large teams would always profit given the amount of resources but at least it will be after a break instead of race by race

Look at the amount of small parts big teams bring every race smaller teams cannot keep up or afford but by giving a set date to bring development parts it puts a stop to constant development during races and can make fans look forward to updates knowing it will be big because of the break.

Not even close.

I'll give you that it's quite easily the flashiest weekend though.

When Le Mans and Canada fall on the same weekend that makes the running close, but in the US anyway where Monday is a national holiday, Memorial Day weekend sweetens the pot considerably.

None of the weekend races are my favorite on their own schedules, but that's besides the point! ;-) It's still the best.

Pimpwerx

Ah, the annual buildup for what is almost always the worst race outside of Valencia. Not sure if that says more about Monaco or Valencia. PEACE.

Nicktendo86

Rumour that the title sponsor talks with McLaren have gone bad and they deal may go to Lotus instead.

This team are in serious trouble...

This team are in serious trouble...

If they weren't about to tie up with Honda in a deal that's going to secure them their largest ever operating budget, then that might be a fair claim.

As things stand, a deal like this not coming to fruition is, at most, merely an indication of their current form - which we're all already aware of.

Goldrusher

Sutil:

10406640_668637279850408_3613164810485602468_n.jpg

http://www.sauberf1team.com/en/seas...n-sutil-geben-vollgas-fuer-einen-guten-zweck/

As part of a charity campaign, Sauber F1 Team drivers Adrian Sutil and Esteban Gutiérrez will be contesting the Monaco Grand Prix wearing special helmets designed by world-renowned Brazilian pop artist Romero Britto. Adrian Sutil’s helmet already came under the gavel during the Gabrielle’s Gala charity event in London on 7 May, while Esteban Gutiérrez’ headgear is set to be auctioned online at charitybuzz.com. The auction will run from Monday, 26 May, and will close on June 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom