• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Britprog

Has this been posted? Pre ceremony discussion in Italtian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elowvxr_KeA

ENGLISH VERSION:
Nico: "What a lucky bastard! How the fuck is this possibile?"
Evan: "Luck is important in life!"
Nico: "Eh?"
Evan: "Luck is important!"
Nico: "Bloody hell!"
Evan: "You will be lucky too in the future!"
Nico: "I already was!...damn."
[...]
Nico: "I didn't think there would be so much gap!"
Felipe: "Me neither! I hoped there would be less gap. When I saw you I tried to reduce it"
Nico: "Yeah...yeah!"
[...]
Nico: "Fuck! Nice gap!"

Don;t know if the translation is legit.

Who is Rosberg referring to as Lucky bastard?? Is it Hamilton????

dubc35

Seems a bit weird if it was true and he's talking about HAM. He (Nico) messed up and let HAM past. How is that lucky? Maybe I'm missing something.

PS, drivers talking after the race, pre-ceremony is one of the best parts of GP IMO.

His attitude there shows why fans are booing him. He surely can't believe that it was luck that allowed Hamilton to win. If anything he had bad luck at the start which allowed Rosberg to get away unchallenged for 10 laps. That he couldn't build up a big enough gap in that time is his poor racing skills.

An undeserving WDC leader.

Has this been posted? Pre ceremony discussion in Italtian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elowvxr_KeA

ENGLISH VERSION:
Nico: "What a lucky bastard! How the fuck is this possibile?"
Evan: "Luck is important in life!"
Nico: "Eh?"
Evan: "Luck is important!"
Nico: "Bloody hell!"
Evan: "You will be lucky too in the future!"
Nico: "I already was!...damn."
[...]
Nico: "I didn't think there would be so much gap!"
Felipe: "Me neither! I hoped there would be less gap. When I saw you I tried to reduce it"
Nico: "Yeah...yeah!"
[...]
Nico: "Fuck! Nice gap!"

Don;t know if the translation is legit.

Who is Rosberg referring to as Lucky bastard?? Is it Hamilton????

I'm trying to think but who else could he be talking about? He didn't really have any interaction with anyone else on the track.

Unless I'm missing something, he's being a fucking twat.

Ark

There's an element of luck from Hamilton's perspective that Rosberg went off twice at T1, I imagine that's what he's talking about. Of course Hamilton made that luck by pushing as hard as he was. The 'gap' he's talking about is presumably the 4.4 seconds between them for most of the race -- or it might be that he expected a tougher fight with the Williams like in Austria.

I'm actually really pleased to see Rosberg acknowledging on TV that he's already been lucky this season. Singapore, as usual, will be the deciding race.

dubc35

HAM & ROS's first podium together in F1 (via wtf1.co.uk)

hamilton-rosberg-friends.gif

Ark

It's adorable how Rosberg waits for Hamilton to put his helmet down.

I do wonder if they'll manage to be friends again once everything has calmed down. If the next six races are 100% clean, save reliability issues, I hope they'll be cool again one day.

DBT85

I think it'll be tough all the time they are fighting one another. Once that stops I think they'll go back to being OK.

It might also depend on who wins the title and just how they win it.

Hasney

Hell, Prost and Senna managed to make up. I'm sure these two will, even if it has to wait until they're in different teams.

DBT85

I hate that there is a conspiracy about Nico choking and that fucking EJ gave it credence by asking Toto about it. Such a moronic question.

Ark

I hate that there is a conspiracy about Nico choking and that fucking EJ gave it credence by asking Toto about it. Such a moronic question.

Someone had to ask it, EJ just had the balls to do it straight away.

The thought definitely lingered in my mind for the rest of the race, obviously I don't think it was deliberate, but it was there.

DBT85

Really? It didn't cross my mid for a second, there are so many other ways they could have hampered Rosberg without us even knowing, just put 5kg less fuel in for "strategy" for example.

Nico bottled it, he even asked them to stop telling him how much Lewis was catching him.

Ark

I'm not disputing that Nico bottled it or that I believed the conspiracy for even a fraction of a second, just that the thought occurred to me. It looked funky to begin with because it's the only recent example I can think of where a driver has taken an escape road twice rather than eating the lock up.

kiyomi

I think it's more an indicator of how seriously they're taking this championship, a big lockup at the start of a stint like that could've ruined his race in a different way. We saw Hamilton have a huge lockup towards the end of the race and his times seemed to suffer as a result. If Rosberg had had a similar incident, he might've not just lost the time to Lewis, but Massa, too. I think Rosberg was just trying to play the long game and looking after his machinery to keep himself in the fight for as long as possible.

duckroll

The writer clarifies the statement in the comments:

Changes in engine modes that could effect reliability and/or fuel consumption require the permission of the team’s allocated Mercedes engineer. (This includes the ‘overtake’ mode which, despite the name, is also used defensively).It’s true of all customer teams, and not just Mercedes ones. The observation that permission seemed to come more readily when the other car was not a works Mercedes came from someone inside the team. When the pass was made Massa wasn’t in overtake mode, Hamilton was. I cannot go any further than that.

It's not that they need the permission of the Mercedes team, but rather that there is an engineer working with each team using their engine. It's a technical thing. The conspiracy speculation seems like internal sour grapes to me. Probably uninformed.

Seanspeed

Banned
The writer clarifies the statement in the comments:

It's not that they need the permission of the Mercedes team, but rather that there is an engineer working with each team using their engine. It's a technical thing. The conspiracy speculation seems like internal sour grapes to me. Probably uninformed.
The powerplant engineers working with the teams aren't gonna be there in anything but an advisory/monitoring role. So yea, this sounds very much like Motorsport Magazine injected a whole lot of unsubstantiated commentary in there. Which is really poor of them.

dalin80

Banned
I still feel that the drivers should have an open radio to each other. It will be like the autosport forum but with even more back stabbing.

I don't know, but I'd definitely like to see it happen. Drivers are getting way too much assistance from the garage.

They should also ban "the beeps" for fuel saving. Ridiculous that they can have a computer telling them when to lift off to save fuel.

Addnan

Will be interesting with all the new fancy tech breaking all the time and drivers needing specific instructions on how to reset.

mclem

@pitlanetalk: Autosprint: The end of an era at Ferrari as Luca di Montezemolo looks set to be fired by FIAT boss, Sergio Marchionne. #F1 #Formula1

Monza was probably the final nail in the coffin.

I'd always had it in mind that the power structure was that he was the absolute top guy. Keep forgetting that the FIAT brand exists above the Ferrari brand in the hierarchy.

kiyomi

Formula 1 chiefs are considering a team radio clampdown as part of a push to make the sport more challenging for drivers again
Autosport

I just hope this doesn't mean an end to FOM broadcasting more radio messages. It's taken years and years for them to get round to actually making it something worthwhile. Boullier says it's confusing for the fans but maybe if even more was broadcast it might not be so confusing.

I'd love to hear more radio, but I also want there to be less communication between the pit wall and the driver.

f0rk

I just hope this doesn't mean an end to FOM broadcasting more radio messages. It's taken years and years for them to get round to actually making it something worthwhile. Boullier says it's confusing for the fans but maybe if even more was broadcast it might not be so confusing.

I'd love to hear more radio, but I also want there to be less communication between the pit wall and the driver.
I'd imagine it's more technical stuff that we don't hear anyway.

Zeppu

I think they could make it much less confusing for spectators by adding a bit more info as to when the message was transmitted.

Vettel (Lap 13 - 2 mins ago): Danny is faster than you

TCRS

Banned
Luca di Montezemolo has been running Ferrari since 1991. That's a whopping 23 years already, and having been born the same year that Ferrari was founded, Montezemolo is now 67 years old. But don't expect him to be stepping down any time soon.

Addressing the rampant rumors circulating the paddock at Monza this weekend, the hereditary Marquis of Montezemolo (pictured above at the unveiling of the 458 Speciale in Frankfurt last year) insisted that he is not about to leave Ferrari. Not before 2017, anyway, having signed as recently as this past March to stay on another three years.
(After that, it's anyone's guess, with some suggesting that controversial Fiat scion Lapo Elkann could take his place.) But in dismissing the rumors, the affable and long-serving Ferrari chairman did reveal some new product plans.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/09/09/...taying-on-new-models-october-paris-confirmed/

pls no. we need fresh blood and ideas.

Another half arsed measure, the team radio needs to be banned completely. Only the stewards should have the ability to relay messages to drivers for safety reasons; warning of on track incidents, etc.

F1 is a joke.

If the McLaren is shit next season I'm out.

duckroll

Another half arsed measure, the team radio needs to be banned completely. Only the stewards should have the ability to relay messages to drivers for safety reasons; warning of on track incidents, etc.

F1 is a joke.

If the McLaren is shit next season I'm out.

Really? Why should the team radio be banned completely? F1 is not purely a driver's sport, it's a team sport. What you're suggesting is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom