• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

DD

BxVoAqwCUAA1JRq.jpg

kiyomi

It's tempting but considering it's 1AM here I figure I need sleep more than Formula E.

Contemplating whether or not to get up for the race at 8AM, I have to go shopping in the morning, too. Ugh. Lyf.

Ark

It's tempting but considering it's 1AM here I figure I need sleep more than Formula E.

Contemplating whether or not to get up for the race at 8AM, I have to go shopping in the morning, too. Ugh. Lyf.

Oh shit the race is at 8am? Dammmmiiiittttttttt. No way am I getting up that early on a Saturday unless it's F1.

Gruso

Can't find a stream, but there is live timing: http://livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/fiaformulae/

For those who don't know, race (and I presume quali) stream will be available here: https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/itv4

You need to register an account with a UK postcode. If you're outside the UK you may also need Hola or a VPN. It's working fine for me in AU via unblock-us, which I already had for Netflix. Here's an example postcode for educational purposes only: SW1W 0NY

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I only caught the last 10 mins. That track looks like bs though. So many cars will jump those chicanes, and I expect chaos at the last corner during the race.

I've been awake since about 5am (because illness) so I might as well watch the race live.

What was the format of qualifying out of interest? I don't remember the ITV4 preview show covering that.

DBT85

Hows the noise?

EDIT: Wait what?

So to immerse fans into the world of Formula E they will play music during the event and have a 'fanboost', where three drivers with the most social media votes will have the power of their cars increased from 133kw to 200kw prior to the race so that they can use a 'boost' of 90hp during the proceedings.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I've been awake since about 5am (because illness) so I might as well watch the race live.

What was the format of qualifying out of interest? I don't remember the ITV4 preview show covering that.

4 groups of 5 cars - Each group gets 10 minutes to set a time.

Code:
 1.  Nicolas Prost      e.dams    1m42.200s
 2.  Lucas di Grassi    Abt       1m42.306s  +0.106s
 3.  Daniel Abt         Abt       1m42.454s  +0.254s
 4.  Karun Chandhok     Mahindra  1m42.461s  +0.261s
 5.  Franck Montagny    Andretti  1m42.530s  +0.330s
 6.  Nick Heidfeld      Venturi   1m42.579s  +0.379s
 7.  Jaime Alguersuari  Virgin    1m42.683s  +0.483s
 8.  Charles Pic        Andretti  1m42.726s  +0.526s
 9.  Sebastien Buemi    e.dams    1m42.746s  +0.546s
10.  Nelson Piquet      China     1m42.785s  +0.585s
11.  Oriol Servia       Dragon    1m42.847s  +0.647s
12.  Sam Bird           Virgin    1m42.918s  +0.718s
13.  Jerome d'Ambrosio  Dragon    1m44.056s  +1.856s
14.  Takuma Sato        Aguri     1m44.129s  +1.929s
15.  Ho-Pin Tung        China     1m45.282s  +3.082s
16.  Katherine Legge    Aguri     1m45.369s  +3.169s
17.  Michela Cerruti    Trulli    1m46.170s  +3.970s
18.  Jarno Trulli       Trulli
19.  Bruno Senna        Mahindra
20.  Stephane Sarrazin  Venturi

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Damn, some are over a second slower in identical cars?

Street circuit, barriers everywhere; overly cautious driving perhaps - it was easy to make little mistakes, hence 3 cars not being able to set times. I predict a bunch of red flags!

Lach

Can we hichack this topic for the FE race or should we use the general motrorsport thread?

on topic: Haha didn't know about pitstop = changing cars....

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Yeah, didn't know a lot about the details before.
* Street circuits in the middle of large cities.
* Practice, qualifying, race all in one day (to reduce clogging up the venue for too long).
* One type of tyre - all-weather for dry and wet racing.
* "Fan-Boost". Fans can vote which 3 drivers get a 5 second power boost.

What I really like about Formula E is the international involvement.

Virgin Racing, UK
Mahindra Racing, India
Dragon Racing, USA
e.dams Renault, France
Trulli GP, Switzerland (wait, what?)
Audi Sport ABT, Germany
Venturi Gran Prix, Monaco
Andretti Autosport, USA
Amlin Aguri, Japan
China Racing, China

And starting next season, teams can start to modify the cars, iirc.

Interesting sound. Very futuristic.

That's really one of the reasons why I like Formula E. People complain about the noise and say it sounds like an RC car. But to me it's the sound of cars from the sci-fi movies I watched in my childhood. It'sa mix of nostalgia and the future for me.

I totally expect this first race to be a complete mess.

Blablurn

That's really one of the reasons why I like Formula E. People complain about the noise and say it sounds like an RC car. But to me it's the sound of cars from the sci-fi movies I watched in my childhood. It'sa mix of nostalgia and the future for me.

Probably :lol but it's nice to see something new.

Lach

Yeah. The situation is a bit similar to the start of this years F1 seasons, though the fears turned out to be exaggerated. I think it will take a few races for the racing to get interesting. But I'm hyped none the less....

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Back to F1 news:
- Ferrari new boss is certain that their engine is the main cause for bad results. This could lead into interesting 2015 season, because they will probably remade engine from scratch and this could mean reliability problems
- Kimi thinks that ERS is the main reason for slow Ferrari. He is also certain that upcoming races could be better suited for their car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom