• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.
The commentator just mentioned "electro pads" on the street where you reload your battery when you drive over them. Maybe in some years.

Crazy.

Like I mentioned earlier. The BMW i8 Safety Car and i3 Medical Car are already equipped with something like that. It's a wireless charging technology.

"Drayson is hoping to fit the systems to the Spark-Renault racing cars from season two, and is already working with the Trulli GP team to explore ways to do so. “Battery capacity won’t double compared with weight in the next year,” says Barrett, indicating that he expects car swaps to feature in the second year. “Formula E racing cars are charged with plugs, so you have to charge them in the garages. Teams might be able to get an advantage with wireless charging if they can do it out in the pit lane. Using the technology could also mean drivers can pick up a bit of charge whenever they come into the pits.”"

http://current-e.com/analysis/bmw-does-wireless/

Blablurn

Like I mentioned earlier. The BMW i8 Safety Car and i3 Medical Car are already equipped with something like that. It's a wireless charging technology.

"Drayson is hoping to fit the systems to the Spark-Renault racing cars from season two, and is already working with the Trulli GP team to explore ways to do so. “Battery capacity won’t double compared with weight in the next year,” says Barrett, indicating that he expects car swaps to feature in the second year. “Formula E racing cars are charged with plugs, so you have to charge them in the garages. Teams might be able to get an advantage with wireless charging if they can do it out in the pit lane. Using the technology could also mean drivers can pick up a bit of charge whenever they come into the pits.”"

Craaazy stuff

stryke

Haven't been following FE much but I'm assuming it's mandated that the body work has to be the same for everyone. Hopefully they relax that next season and get some aerodynamic variability in there.

DBT85

I remember reading a few years ago about Super Capacitors and induction charging becoming a future for cars. Super Caps can charge very fast compared to a battery, and so you'd just drive through a lane and charge up, and your onboard computer would pay whatever pence it cost like an Oyster card.

Haven't been following FE much but I'm assuming it's mandated that the body work has to be the same for everyone. Hopefully they relax that next season and get some aerodynamic variability in there.

It's a spec series for the first season, to make it easier for the teams to get into the sport.
Starting next year, they're allowed to modify the cars.

Nick is still quick :p

I really hope he's going to win.

Heidfeld did have more speed but Prost was stupid to turn in when Heidfeld was carrying so much speed. Just let him go straight and turn in early.

Lach

First Formula E race ending with a big bang!

Even without the crash it would have been a good and entertaining race. Will continue to watch!

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Someone GIF that.

Heidfeld had the speed, but Prost moved in probably thinking he had the corner. What a shame.

bkw

Crazy end to the first race. I'll probably follow along for the season, especially if it comes on an F1 off week.

Zeknurn

Yeah, I will continue to watch as well. That was great fun all through.

There's some things they need to fix like removing the music and turning up the trackside volume instead.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
They have to fix that last corner for next year. Too tight, and the curbs are high - launching Heidfeld.

As for the track workers - other cars were approaching and going through, so can't blame them for not getting to Heidfeld that quickly.

Zeknurn

They have to fix that last corner for next year. Too tight, and the curbs are high - launching Heidfeld.

As for the track workers - other cars were approaching and going through, so can't blame them for not getting to Heidfeld that quickly.

Like the ITV commentators said: The FIA needs to look at sausage kerbs in general because the same thing happened in GP3.

I hope that ITV gets a team of people trackside next year if it takes off. The whole studio thing feels so footbally and not motor racing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom