• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.
All drivers that haven't classified are former F1 drivers. :D

It's also a bit weird not to have any podium ceremony and more post race interviews.

Business

Entertaining race for sure, the added drama in the end will help the sport. Glad Heidfeld is ok, watching it live I thought it was really bad. Very poor move by Prost.

The layout for Malaysia looks much better.

hAXTndY.png

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Choppy gif.

heidfeld_prost_crash.gif

I was impressed by Montagny. Shame about the technical issues plaguing Sato, Trulli, Buemi.

Zeknurn

Since none of the races overlap with F1 I don't think anyone will mind us talking about it in here for the first season. It will also help build interest in the new series.

Good and calm interview by Heidfeld. I have no doubt that he will be back fighting even harder for the win in the next race.

"I wanted to let him through and then he hit me on the left."

Prost is such a prick.

e: Holy shit, that whole interview. Blaming Heidfeld entirely.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
BTW, is there really a need for a formation lap in Formula-E? They're going so slow that they're not really getting any heat into the tires.

Zeknurn

BTW, is there really a need for a formation lap in Formula-E? They're going so slow that they're not really getting any heat into the tires.

I was wondering the same thing. My guess it's to check that every car is fully operational and it's also a bit a tradition.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I was wondering the same thing. My guess it's to check that every car is fully operational and it's also a bit a tradition.

Yeah, I guess it's useful to check if all systems are go. They just need to make it not be so slow though. Did someone time it? I think it was like 4-5 minutes.

Stuff:
Presentation:
* I liked ITV commentator (whatshisname) and Dario Franchitti.
* TV visuals needs serious improving. White on yellow/light blue/teal is hard to read.
* I actually don't mind the eJay. It adds something different. Was half expecting to hear increased tension music during the final lap though :)
* No radio comms?

Track:
* Track looked visually boring despite having the Olympics venues surrounding it. Camera angles just focuses on street and concrete barriers of course so you don't really see more interesting backgrounds. Hard to tell where a car is on a circuit because it all looks the same. I'd at least try to color the barriers differently.
* There was actually quite a few passing moments despite having really tight corners. Maybe because it was so tight drivers in the slightest disadvantage would back off quicker?

stryke

edit - ^ someone already took care of it

Man, that could have ended a lot worse. Luckily the sidepod hit the barrier and not his head.

I just find it incredible if he actually said "I wanted to let him through and then he hit me on the left."

YjpWV4.gif

I typed it right after he said it. Thanks to the lack of coverage from major sites, we might not get the whole interview. There's hope that itv might put the race up on their itv player, but they don't even have a category for Formula E yet.

e: He also thought that it wouldn't be possible to overtake at that corner.

neoanarch

I just find it incredible if he actually said "I wanted to let him through and then he hit me on the left."

YjpWV4.gif

Holy shit that looks brutal.

Kind of bummed I couldn't watch the race I was really looking forward to it. I guess I'll just have to find it on the shadier side of the internet.

Ruruja

Prost was like one of those pricks you race in an online racing game when you're overtaking them for the lead.

Absolutely crazy.

Business

Holy shit that looks brutal.

Kind of bummed I couldn't watch the race I was really looking forward to it. I guess I'll just have to find it on the shadier side of the internet.

To be fair it's my first attempt at a gif and it looks speed up. Still with a bit of bad luck Heidfeld could have been very seriously injured.

GPUpdate got a part of both driver's interviews.

Heidfeld was able to walk away from his wreckage uninjured, while Prost was also eliminated on the spot as victory went to Audi Sport Abt driver Lucas di Grassi.

"When I was still upside down on the radio I was complaining [about Prost]," joked Heidfeld. "I was surprised it did not hurt more. I was on for a win not a podium. "I placed it perfectly for the last corner and I guess the TV pictures show quite clearly I was alongside, Nico pulled alongside me.
We spoke after the incident and he obviously has a different opinion than I do. Maybe he [will] change his mind when he watches the tape. I'm sure it is possible to overtake there. It is disappointing, but I'm not mad at him. This is racing."

Prost offered a different opinion and believed that Heidfeld's last corner move was optimistic.

"I didn't see him and it is disappointing to lose the victory like this," said Prost, who started the race from pole position.
"I was in the middle of the track when I braked for the corner, just to be safe. But he was next to me and [he] already hit my wheel. I didn't think he would try something like this. There is no way to overtake there. [It's a] shame losing the first Formula E win."

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/autosport-news/316134/heidfeld-not-mad-with-prost-after-beijing-crash/

Fucking sausage kerbs made that far worse than it needed to be.

Yep. This really needs to be addressed. These things are flat out dangerous.

If I had to guess what happened with Prost is that for a split second he forgot the track wasn't the width of the road. EDIT: Yeah, I mean he even says so. "I was in the middle of the track" Ahhh, no. You were in the middle of the road.

Terrible crash though. How close was his helmet to hitting? A foot? If that?

Addnan

You can't move around like that in the braking zone anyway right, so he's in the wrong whether he knew he was there or not and he must have known he was there seeing as they were fighting. Guy won't just disappear.

kiyomi

Silly move from Prost. It was an okay race, didn't help with that itty-bitty clown circuit. I don't know why they felt the need to play music over everything (I'm assuming that was the race broadcaster and not ITV4.), sure the cars sound awful but the music just cheapens the whole event.

Silly move from Prost. It was an okay race, didn't help with that itty-bitty clown circuit. I don't know why they felt the need to play music over everything (I'm assuming that was the race broadcaster and not ITV4.), sure the cars sound awful but the music just cheapens the whole event.

It's one broadcaster, just like in F1. The tv stations have no influence over it and they can only talk over it.

TTG

So, how does an American without access to NBCSports tune in for a race? I no longer subscribe to the channel and, well...

1288295343_24237.f_magi_grs.jpg

I miss you buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom