• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicy Bob

I played the shit out of Grand Prix 3 with my steering wheel. Downloaded the liveries of previous seasons and drove full distances. Man I loved that game, good times
Never got into GP4 for some reason.
Probably because GP4 was one of the buggiest games ever to have been released. Might have well have been called 'CTD4'.

Hasney

Probably because GP4 was one of the buggiest games ever to have been released. Might have well have been called 'CTD4'.

I only played it with fan patches and it was great. Needed a beast PC when it was out IIRC though.

Remember playing the original GP on the Amiga which had an awesome multiplayer mode where you take it in turns and the AI drives for you when it's the other players go. Then my brother asking me where his go went... Because I forced his AI driver into a barrier.

Hammer24

Banned
Couple small things:

- when talking to Austrian newspaper "Kurier", Mateschitz threatened to pull out of F1, if he doesn´t like how its run anymore. Context was the RIC disqualification.
- the hearing about RIC will be held 14th April
- this brings RBR in a difficult situation for the GP´s before: go with the FIA sensors or keep ignoring them?
- secrecy in F1 getting absurd, still not a single engine foto available. Merc cg graphics said to be fakes.
- LOT wants to bring lots of new car parts, says they now understand the car much better. They think they´ll be back to old strength by Barcelona. They not meaning MAL, who thinks to be on the podium "soon", citing his teams hard work and Renault help.

AndyD

aka andydumi
The question is, if RBR sees themselves in a position to successfully conduct a power struggle. The Mateschitz interview might point into this direction.

They would not risk a season win for it though. Because if they ignore FIA again and both drivers get disqualified, they may never catch up to Mercedes and the others.

Then again, if they feel like they are already weak, and not in a dominating position, then a power struggle may be what they need long term to ensure some benefit.

Draconian

Couple small things:

- when talking to Austrian newspaper "Kurier", Mateschitz threatened to pull out of F1, if he doesn´t like how its run anymore. Context was the RIC disqualification.
- this brings RBR in a difficult situation for the GP´s before: go with the FIA sensors or keep ignoring them?
- secrecy in F1 getting absurd, still not a single engine foto available. Merc cg graphics said to be fakes.
- LOT wants to bring lots of new car parts, says they now understand the car much better. They think they´ll be back to old strength by Barcelona. They not meaning MAL, who thinks to be on the podium "soon", citing his teams hard work and Renault help.

LOL at how ridiculous this is. I have no sympathy for them after they were warned several times about it over the weekend, nevermind the fact that everyone else is playing by the same rules. What a bunch of babies.

Ark

are you for real? lol, they bring more to f1 than ferrari thats for sure, RB push the boundaries, ferrari just float about copying everyone else

Ferrari have been here since the beginning, they have the most amount of fans in the sport and have a prestige no other team could ever achieve. Red Bull 'pushing the boundaries' involves trying to make the FIA their bitch (Exhibit 1: one week ago).

I could be completely whack on this, but I'd think even Mercedes has more throw-around power than RBR simply on the basis that they're a legit manufacturer and Red Bull is a marketing company. Or maybe I'm just bitter :p

What do you think, how long Ren would remain without a viable front runner?

They could always pour money back into Lotus, and Honda is coming back next year anyway. If things continue as they are, sheer performance may end up pushing Renault out anyway (though I doubt this).

Personally, if RBR left F1 it wouldn't bother me. Their tact with Webber & Vettel, and the rules in general has been so poor. Again, I'm probably just bitter :p

Hammer24

Banned
Personally, if RBR left F1 it wouldn't bother me. Their tact with Webber & Vettel, and the rules in general has been so poor. Again, I'm probably just bitter :p

My friend, I fear when Horner replaces Bernie you´re gonna drown under a mountain of salt.
(But you wont be alone there)

You know you want one of these:

BjghGmUCUAEuP10.jpg

RoKKeR

Just checked the Malaysian GP times. Argh, race STARTS at 2:30AM where I am...guess I'm just going to have to watch the replay first thing in the morning. And qualifying at 3:30 so I'm definitely not watching that. Bummer.

Also Williams said that Martini Williams merchandise is coming....hype.

blanky

You know you want one of these:

BjghGmUCUAEuP10.jpg

I just lurk threads but you guys seem kind of obsessed with how Lewis Hamilton carries himself in real life/internet.

What does it matter that he likes his dogs a lot/wears flat brims/records music etc etc.

I'm sorry if I'm singling you out, but it happens frequently in the F1 threads. It has little to do with the races and such and just gives these threads a sour atmosphere.

Chris R

Just checked the Malaysian GP times. Argh, race STARTS at 2:30AM where I am...guess I'm just going to have to watch the replay first thing in the morning. And qualifying at 3:30 so I'm definitely not watching that. Bummer.

Also Williams said that Martini Williams merchandise is coming....hype.

At least you can wake up early for the European races. They all start at 4AM here :(

Leunam

I just lurk threads but you guys seem kind of obsessed with how Lewis Hamilton carries himself in real life/internet.

What does it matter that he likes his dogs a lot/wears flat brims/records music etc etc.

I'm sorry if I'm singling you out, but it happens frequently in the F1 threads. It has little to do with the races and such and just gives these threads a sour atmosphere.

You're not the only one who notices this, and it's not limited to how we see Hamilton either.

I mentioned in the off-season thread that I totally see where he's coming from with sharing pictures of his dogs, etc. given that I recently got out of a long relationship myself.

I'm mostly pointing out how awful that cap is. The thing is, the black one he wears looks classy as fuck.

Risgroo

I'm guilty of throwing around the occasional #blessed as well, and while it's just for fun, I can see why people don't like it. If it helps make this thread a bit more pleasant, I'll stop.
Speaking of which, is it just me, or has the thread been a bit better lately? At least outside race weekends.

Draconian

I'm guilty of throwing around the occasional #blessed as well, and while it's just for fun, I can see why people don't like it. If it helps make this thread a bit more pleasant, I'll stop.
Speaking of which, is it just me, or has the thread been a bit better lately? At least outside race weekends.

Of course it has. RBR have no points. As soon as Vettel wins a race, I'm sure it will change.

Ark

My friend, I fear when Horner replaces Bernie you´re gonna drown under a mountain of salt.
(But you wont be alone there)

I actually think Horner would be a decent replacement for Bernie. I've always attributed RBR's poor tact with Helmut Marko, though I have no idea whether that's justified or not.

This thread has always been that way. I get it, but it seems silly. He's the only driver that actually shows personality instead of "great training today!" or "good result for the team! onwards to the next race!". Tbh I like his tweets and such, even if some of it can be a bit cringe-worthy at times :p

DBT85

Been happening with Hamilton for a while. Since his pants season with the Nicole split tbh.

He's quite different from every other driver on the grid in his tastes and that he makes them public and that seems to rile some for some reason. Like someone who likes the things he likes doesn't belong in F1 because its a gentlemans sport or something.

I just hope he can overcome his bad luck and win his second WDC, something a driver of his talent really should have before he eventually retires. Really hope he gets it this year. He's hopefully got the car under him at last.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Couple small things:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula-one/26721387 For the first issue.

So, RBR have a dispute with the FIA, one where they're clearly in the wrong, and Mateschitz wants to threaten to pull out?

You know what Mr Mateschitz? Fuck off. If this is how you act when under pressure, after a period of domination, then you're not welcome in the sport. Even Ferrari, for all of their bitching to the FIA, were never this thin skinned.

RBR are becoming toxic to the sport. This isn't about Vettel (Who is a nice guy really, but has kinda reflected the team a bit too much) but how a team have totally lost connection with reality, and think they can control things more than the FIA.

"Politics" is a Euphemism for wanting to get their own way, and crying when they're found out. Many other teams it turns out were told about fuel flow issues, all of them complied, aside from RBR. I don't even care if their sensors were right, you listen to the stewards, always, or you risk making a mockery of the rules. If you don't like the rules, challenge them outside of that, not by disregarding an order during the race.

I'm actually livid at RBR over all of this. I used to have a lot of respect for the team and what they achieved, but now, I honestly wouldn't care if they left the sport entirely.

Been happening with Hamilton for a while. Since his pants season with the Nicole split tbh.

He's quite different from every other driver on the grid in his tastes and that he makes them public and that seems to rile some for some reason. Like someone who likes the things he likes doesn't belong in F1 because its a gentlemans sport or something

Everyone gets it the same if they do anything to differentiate themselves enough from the pack. Alguersuari got it for his DJing, Trulli got it for his vineyard, JV got it for his music career, Sutil gets it for his dolphin fucking, Kimi gets it for his partying, DC got it for his chin...

Even Ferrari, for all of their bitching to the FIA, were never this thin skinned.

Really? Ferrari threaten to pull out pretty much every year. It's become a bit of a running joke around these parts (along with the start of the season "we've changed things around / we're confident / we're not quick enough / we're doing everything we can" cycle).

Ark

I just find it funny that he's talking about a lack of sportsmanship.

Everyone gets it the same if they do anything to differentiate themselves enough from the pack. Alguersuari got it for his DJing, Trulli got it for his vineyard, JV got it for his music career, Sutil gets it for his dolphin fucking, Kimi gets it for his partying, DC got it for his chin...

This got me.

NHale

Really? Ferrari threaten to pull out pretty much every year. It's become a bit of a running joke around these parts (along with the start of the season "we've changed things around / we're confident / we're not quick enough / we're doing everything we can" cycle).

Who doesn't remember when LdM wanted to create another championship because he didn't enjoy tyres being the decisive factor in F1 (because he was stuck with Goodyear...)?

Shaneus

I just had an theory:
Dietrich pulls Red Bull from F1. Goes to sponsor Webber in WEC because they're still chummy. Vettel left without a drive.

Everybody wins.

FIA sabotaged Ferrari powered cars in Australia: http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/35...moroso-ferrari-senza-kers-per-colpa-della-fia

They didn't deactivate the launch mode leaving Ferrari powered cars with no recovered energy boost, after they flipped the switch ERS was running in a protective mode where the driver had to manually activate.

lol

How long have the FIA had the controller? This sport has gone to shit. Every electronic gizmo needs banning, including radio, asap.

Ferrari will win the Malaysian GP.

DBT85

FIA sabotaged Ferrari powered cars in Australia: http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/35...moroso-ferrari-senza-kers-per-colpa-della-fia

They didn't deactivate the launch mode leaving Ferrari powered cars with no recovered energy boost, after they flipped the switch ERS was running in a protective mode where the driver had to manually activate.

lol

How long have the FIA had the controller? This sport has gone to shit. Every electronic gizmo needs banning, including radio, asap.

I don't understand how this is even possible unless it was an electronic failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom