• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer24

Banned
Mercedes is still safe then.

How much on a pig flying?

shocked-spit-out-drink-o.gif

Jezbollah

So Schumi's publicist has sent out a press release saying that he's showing signs of improvement, including "moments of consciousness and awakening"

Fingers crossed!

Shit, I thought I Bahrain is next week. This means that the Chinese GP is in two weeks and I won't be able to watch it, because I'm in Munich that weekend. Fuuuck.

Alonso back to McLaren sponsored by Movistar is the latest paddock rumour from Bahrain.
Telefonica would not have the funds to be a title sponsor. They recently offloaded O2 Ireland and there are rumours that they are looking to sell O2 UK and DE, ironically back to BT. I highly doubt a highly indebted company like Telefonica who are looking to offload assets are going to spend millions on a superfluous sponsorship like that.

Not just that, but Movistar doesn't exist in traditional F1 countries, and in the biggest Latin American market for F1 they operate as Vivo or something like that. Using the Movistar branding would basically be useless outside of Spain. In the UK and Germany, two massive motor racing nations, Telefonica operate as O2. The rumour makes no sense. Less than the stupid idea that Sony are going to be the next title sponsor for McLaren.

Telefonica would not have the funds to be a title sponsor. They recently offloaded O2 Ireland and there are rumours that they are looking to sell O2 UK and DE, ironically back to BT. I highly doubt a highly indebted company like Telefonica who are looking to offload assets are going to spend millions on a superfluous sponsorship like that.

Interesting. Telefonica just bought E-Plus, KPN's German subsidiary, and is merging it with O2 DE. They're becoming the biggest carrier in Germany. Who could be a potential buyer for that?

Interesting. Telefonica just bought E-Plus, KPN's German subsidiary, and is merging it with O2 DE. They're becoming the biggest carrier in Germany. Who could be a potential buyer for that?
BT have been sniffing around both but mostly O2 UK which requires massive investment for LTE that Telefonica don't really have.

There is also a rumour that the whole of O2 (UK, DE, CZ, SL) will be spun off with a minority stake retained to protect it from being bought out by a competitor.

Either way I don't see Telefonica becoming a title sponsor especially not with the Movistar brand.

cmr-94

Teams deciding not to go out a lot in FP1. Looks like whatever we've gained in extra set of tires has been negated by lack of power unit elements. Also of course conditions are unrepresentative atm

Juicy Bob

Ferrari sent Alonso out with three Hard tyres and one Medium tyre on the right-front and told him to stop in the pitlane while they wheeled him back into the garage.

Comical stuff, if you're not a Ferrari fan...

Nicktendo86

Ferrari sent Alonso out with three Hard tyres and one Medium tyre on the right-front and told him to stop in the pitlane while they wheeled him back into the garage.

Comical stuff, if you're not a Ferrari fan...

Luckily I am a McLaren fan, and need a laugh, so haha!

Nicktendo86

Fuel flow sensor dead on Ricciardo's car again, using the FIA offset. I'm sorry but it is clear as day that it is something RB are doing which is causing the problem, we know they along with TR and Lotus have been tampering with the sensors to get them to fit.

Fair enough. I'm surprised that wasn't stipulated in the first place.

I was under the assumption that wherever they had the sensor was forcing it to incur vibrations / stress that it just couldn't handle.

Alonso is never going to Mclaren while Ron Dennis remains in the foreground. Not because Ron Dennis doesnt want him, but because Alonso doesnt want Ron Dennis.

NHale

Alonso back to McLaren sponsored by Movistar is the latest paddock rumour from Bahrain.

It's on the cover of Marca newspaper so it's guaranteed to be one of two things:

a) Fake rumor
b) Abad leaking some rumor to put pressure on Ferrari like in previous years. Like the problem is even related for them not caring to give him a winning car.

Alonso is never going to Mclaren while Ron Dennis remains in the foreground. Not because Ron Dennis doesnt want him, but because Alonso doesnt want Ron Dennis.

I would agree with you until I saw Kimi Raikkonen accepting an offer from Luca DiMontezemelo. After that anything is possible in the F1 circus.

But if I had to guess, Alonso would be ecstatic to join McLaren except for the fact that Honda will be one year behind everyone else. At least McLaren is able to develop a car during the season.

Jezbollah

Re Movistar

They just became title sponsors of the factory Yamaha MotoGP team, who run Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo. This is after a good few years of Telefonica being out of MotoGP.

So there is a big push by them to increase their motorsport profile. But even with the huge amounts in that deal, it pales in comparison to the cash they would need to sponsor McLaren.

2014-movistar-yamaha-motogp-m1-photo-gallery-9.jpg

"For the purposes of this Article 28.4 the power unit will be deemed to comprise six separate elements, the engine (ICE), the motor generator unit-kinetic (MGU-K), the motor generator unit-heat (MGU-H), the energy store (ES), turbocharger (TC) and control electronics (CE)."

So I'm guessing that they've been melting the control electronics.

gunther

I'm guessing that PE menas penalty so why magnussen has two penalty if mclaren has only usith one unit?.

Mercedes equipped cars will have a clear advantage in the long run. I hope mclaren fix the damn car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom