• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCRS

Banned
Red-Bull-Formel-1-GP-Australien-Melbourne-13-Maerz-2014-fotoshowBigImage-f88d1f6b-763766.jpg

Fernando-Alonso-Ferrari-Formel-1-GP-Australien-Melbourne-13-Maerz-2014-fotoshowImage-dca023a4-763768.jpg

Nico-Rosberg-Mercedes-Formel-1-GP-Australien-Melbourne-13-Maerz-2014-fotoshowImage-97e313c1-763771.jpg

Sebastian-Vettel-Red-Bull-Formel-1-GP-Australien-Melbourne-13-Maerz-2014-fotoshowImage-8fb59977-763773.jpg

Lewis-Hamilton-Formel-1-GP-Australien-13-Maerz-2014-fotoshowImage-88bf55c3-763741.jpg

new season woohoo!!

olore

Is it just me or has Seb gained some weight ? He looks chubbier around the face from the couple of times I've seen him (press conference & pictures ).

Well, he is a father these days isn`t he? Up through the night with a sleepless one raiding the fridge...

I think he just looks puffy from that angle

DBT85

Is it just me or has Seb gained some weight ? He looks chubbier around the face from the couple of times I've seen him (press conference & pictures ).

I doubt it. Every team will have wanted every driver to drop weight for this season. The extra weight allowance for the heavier engines wasn't enough.

I'll be very curious to see who falls outside that barrier. What's it actually measured against, again? Your best time against 107% of the best Q2 time of anyone?

Your best time against the best time of Q1. Since it might be raining in Q1 and dry in Q3 it wouldn't be fair.

Hammer24

Banned
RIC nickname is "Disco Dan", because when younger he took his moms car and drifted it before the entrance to the local disco to impress the girls? Didn´t know that.

Lach

Guys.... GUYSSSSSS.... We're going back to the A1 Ring!!!! I'm so hyped! One of my favorite tracks.

Anyone going? I really want to go to a race this year and for me it's a split between Hockenheim, Monza (both about a 3h drive) and Spielberg (would probably go by plane).....

Hammer24

Banned
Anyone going? I really want to go to a race this year and for me it's a split between Hockenheim, Monza (both about a 3h drive) and Spielberg (would probably go by plane).....

When approximating where you´re living, I´d say go to Spa. IMO Monaco is still the best classic, yet costs an arm and a leg to do right. Spa is simply the best on the fun/cost scale.

DrM

Redmond's Baby

I have around 150 km to A1 ring (and 500 to Monza and Hungaroring)... but all cheap tickets are already gone...

Zeknurn

@adamcooperF1: If you missed it earlier Charlie Whiting confirmed that the FIA will stop the race if all cars have retired: http://t.co/mS9Yic4cwg
However a team manager told me the FIA can't do that and the clock would have to run to 2hrs with an empty track...
Could be great TV as we watch those with crippled cars in the pits fighting to turn them into runners

I kind of want to see this happen.

Novak

This is now the closets race to Croatia so i am sure i will go. I am sick of Monza and i never liked go kart track in Hungary :)
Plus the date is perfect. Just before hotwaves in July/August.

Mastah

FOM once again offers better experience for F1 fans:

new_live_timing.jpg

Not only there's no live timing from testing, but it seems they stripped PC LT from sector times, sector speeds and weather data. Fucking ridiculous.

malyce

Hamilton might have said it, but the data I've seen suggested otherwise. They were faster on the straights and slower on the corners. In some cases, significantly.

They also have to brake a lot earlier and can't carry as much speed through a corner, so there will be a lot more coasting/braking and a lot less throttle. They also can't open up the throttle as early as last year as there's less downforce, but there's also less drag and a lot more torque so it's easier to go faster on the straights. All signs point to the opposite, but we'll see come Sunday.
Looks beautiful imo.

It does. I don't get the hate, or the love for rainbow colored liveries.

Chris R

Bought the iPad app.

From what I've seen of it so far it is VERY slick.

Just hope the delay from the app to the TV won't be an issue...

mclem

RIC nickname is "Disco Dan", because when younger he took his moms car and drifted it before the entrance to the local disco to impress the girls? Didn´t know that.

AD7PTA0.jpg

(Basically a Q*Bert clone mostly, but with charging-down-a-corridor levels too)

Juicy Bob

I've said it many times before, but Mercedes Lewis >>>>>>>> McLaren Lewis.

In fact, I've kind of been really put off McLaren after they sacked Checo and brought Ron Dennis back.

mclem

After taking last year off, Morris Minor's Marvellous Motors is back in business. Tried to mix things up a little from the teams others have suggested, but there really isn't *much* leeway to work with, is there?

Edit: Oh, poot. Not enough string space. It's now Morris' Marvellous Motors, and I'll just have to let my fondness for obscure 90's kids series not get a proper airing.

Nicktendo86

Oh dear...
PitLaneTalk ‏@KomivesP 2m
LIVE UPDATE: Lotus and Red Bull have technical issues. They are racing against the clock to get the cars ready for FP1. #F1 #Formula1

Ruruja

Hi guys, approved just before F1 starts, woo!

Oh dear...
PitLaneTalk ‏@KomivesP 2m
LIVE UPDATE: Lotus and Red Bull have technical issues. They are racing against the clock to get the cars ready for FP1. #F1 #Formula1

Wow, the race is going to be totally bonkers.

Dead Man

FOM once again offers better experience for F1 fans:

new_live_timing.jpg

Not only there's no live timing from testing, but it seems they stripped PC LT from sector times, sector speeds and weather data. Fucking ridiculous.

What the hell is that shit? Wankers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom