• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

Were there any .webm videos this weekend or was it too soon for our contributors to do them for the thread?

Also, the gap made my the Mercs after the restart. Insane.

Would Vettel really join Ferrari in their current state?

schumacher joined Ferrari when they were in a similar state of mediocrity. But I dont know if Sebastian is that kind of person.
anyway, Bernard Ecclestone says that Gene Haas' application for an F1 team will be accepted and that he can put cars on the grid in 2015. That's exciting. I hope they go with a engine supplier that has their shit sorted out.

dalin80

Banned
Nope. The British heavy McLaren did fuck all in terms of WDC and WCC titles. The best teams all have a mix of different nations in their staff. That's not to downplay Britain's contribution to F1 which is immense, but there is a lot of talent outside of Britain and ignoring those people would be detrimental also just as McLaren found out when Whitmarsh tried to make his British team.

Yet the sport has been dominated the past 4 years by a British based team with ~90% British employees. Most of the teams are based in Britain with a majority of staff from here, most of the companies that construct the materials and components are here too especially carbon fibre industries. The mighty merc engine? Built in Brixworth.

Nah, 4 titles are more than enough.
I dont care whether or not he wins another title.
But I need for him to get race wins or outstanding results in a car that isnt the class of the field. I believe him to be the third or fourth best driver on the grid, but he needs to prove himself by outdriving the car and not getting consistently one upped by a rookie teammate.

i still believe vettel cant overtake

Give me a break. He made an absolute ton of great overtaking moves last season. One so far this season too.

but he needs to prove himself by outdriving the car and not getting consistently one upped by a rookie teammate.

Car failures aside, the score is 1-1 at the moment. At least let the season get going before going for words like "consistently".

Frankly, I'd love to see Ricciardo on level terms with Vettel, but anyone calling it at this stage is out of their mind.

Yagami_Sama

The race was pretty good to watch.

But I am really disappointed with McLaren, I know that they were not fighting for wins but, but it was pretty frustrating see both
cars out.

Razgreez

Talking 'bout engine suppliers, can McLaren give all their data to Honda?

Doubt it's going to help much. Reverse engineering complex F1 engine components and designs is a colossal task. Mercedes have been working on their engine for what, 4-5yrs - renault and ferrari for just as long and see how they are struggling in comparison. Honda only decided on a return to F1 last year so one would be exceedingly naive to expect much - realistically.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
HBGs1Qu.jpg

Omiee

rbr should really grab that mercedes engine when mclaren go to honda.

the thing is powerfull, that together with aeropackage of rbr we will have some competition again.

it seems like nobody can come close to the mercs. even when rbr were dominating vettel would ocasionally lose some races. this seems like it will be between rosberg and lewis untill the end of the year.

DBT85

rbr should really grab that mercedes engine when mclaren go to honda.

the thing is powerfull, that together with aeropackage of rbr we will have some competition again.

it seems like nobody can come close to the mercs. even when rbr were dominating vettel would ocasionally lose some races. this seems like it will be between rosberg and lewis untill the end of the year.

RBR can only buy what Mercedes are willing to sell. If they sell to a team like Sauber they know they won't have any competition. If they sell to RBR then with Newey designing the chassis they could come unstuck.

Im tired of this man's shit. How many cars does he have to plow into to lose his license. Dude is going to hurt someone.

I think that's the only way he'll get banned sadly. For now we just have to hope he tots up enough small penalties (without hurting anyone) for a suspension.

Addnan

Yeah, you can get sound. Just disabled it because using like a gif. This one has sound. My race file is a huge 6GB+ mkv and it doesn't want to work with the program that 4chan shows.
http://a.pomf.se/wssogo.webm

If you have the plugin to autoplay the videos, right click to unmute.

AcridMeat

Banned
Just finished, watching Brian Johnson now what the heck is he doing up here it's awesome hahaha.

Awesome, awesome race. So much stuff happening, though the safety car stayed too long once again.

ramparter

Banned
lol

PS. Holy shit, I didn't realise Seb got a "Danny is faster than you" over the team radio. Fantastic.

It's quite normal when you think about it when the driver is actually faster (better tires now, in the past less fuel), Ferrari just used it as code for "let Alonso pass". As if the whole world is stupid...

Draconian

I didn't realize that crash happened right after Maldonado pitted. Makes him being that aggressive seem even more dumb since he was on tires that weren't even warmed up at that point.

Chuck

Still without luck
So I guess I'm into F1 now thanks to Giant Bomb's alt+f1 podcast, and finally watched the third race in Bahrain just tonight, handily avoiding spoilers for a couple days. That race was really amazing. Shame my guy Ricciardo missed the podium by a lap, but at least he has actual points now.

Anyway, I probably won't post much cuz I don't know jack, but I'm way more excited about F1 this year than I expected to be. Seems like I picked a good year to start on too.

Shaneus

Dude!

I am faster than you.

So I guess I'm into F1 now thanks to Giant Bomb's alt+f1 podcast, and finally watched the third race in Bahrain just tonight, handily avoiding spoilers for a couple days. That race was really amazing. Shame my guy Ricciardo missed the podium by a lap, but at least he has actual points now.

Anyway, I probably won't post much cuz I don't know jack, but I'm way more excited about F1 this year than I expected to be. Seems like I picked a good year to start on too.
Hey, good guy to follow :) (I'm Australian, I'm obligated to. And by extension, obligated to despise Vettel as well ;) ). Glad that a podcast has brought some new people to the sport as well. As long as you don't get too involved/enthusiastic/passionate about it (enough to make a dick of yourself in this very thread) then the more people the better!

Post-race, do yourself a favour and read through the thread. Or if possible, try and sync the posts in the thread when you watch the race. It's kinda neat.

Dead Man

Teams will just want to put that extra 10kg as ballast somewhere else.

Set a minimum weight, say 70-75kg and any driver under that must make up the difference in ballast carried in the seat, under their arse or something like that.
Yeah, pretty much the only way I can see it being avoided is having something like that. I like that idea a lot. There might still be a slight advantage for a lighter driver, but it would vastly reduce it over what they have now.

Welcome to the tribe, and don't worry about not knowing much. Plenty of us don't know much and post a lot ;)

Post-race, do yourself a favour and read through the thread. Or if possible, try and sync the posts in the thread when you watch the race. It's kinda neat.
Had to download the race this week, missed it live, and I did just that. Was kind of amusing. Also, no ads on the coverage was simply fantastic. Fuck 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom