• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alonso: We'll work day and night during the test in Bahrain

Circuit: Sakhir Circuit – 5.412 km
Driver: Fernando Alonso
Car: Ferrari F14 T
Weather: air temperature 27/34°C, track temperature 31/44 °C. Sunny.
Laps/Km completed: 12/64
Best time: 1:37.912

Once again, Fernando Alonso took to the Sakhir track at the wheel of the F14 T for the second and final day of this in-season test at the Bahraini circuit.

On the job list for today was a series of set-up tests, carried out based on data from yesterday. Unfortunately, testing had to be called to a halt when the chassis was found to be damaged.

After the necessary checks were made, the team decided to bring the test to a premature end as a precautionary measure.

The next time the cars will be on track will be Friday 18 April in free practice for the Chinese Grand Prix.

Dilly

Banned

Once again, Fernando Alonso took to the Sakhir track at the wheel of the F14 T for the second and final day of this in-season test at the Bahraini circuit.

On the job list for today was a series of set-up tests, carried out based on data from yesterday. Unfortunately, testing had to be called to a halt when the chassis was found to be damaged.

After the necessary checks were made, the team decided to bring the test to a premature end as a precautionary measure.

The next time the cars will be on track will be Friday 18 April in free practice for the Chinese Grand Prix.

Can't believe they used the chassis from Raikonnen that took a hit from a curbstone for testing.

NHale

You're being unfair to Hill. He looked clumsy in comparison to Schumacher and Hakkinen and he probably lacked the raw driving talent of Berger and Alesi, but he was capable of great drives. See Spa 98.

Or Hungary with a shitty car aka Arrows. If it wasn't for an hydraulic failure 2 laps from the end, he would have won that race with Villeneuve in the all-powerful Williams 20 seconds behind.

That was the defining race of his career to me. While others completely fail while driving shitty cars (Villeneuve....), Hill actually revealed himself as a good driver after a lot of inconsistent driving with the best car on the grid.

Fuck Ferrari management. Burn it all down.

Zeppu

It's simple, as soon as good drivers happen to also have amazing cars, they all of a sudden become "shit" drivers. There have been genuine champions who were shit drivers throughout F1 history, Damon Hill anyone? But Lewis, Alonso, Kimi and yes even Vettel are all phenomenal drivers imo. Button, while not of the raw speed talent was always soft on the tires while still maintaining fast lap times. Post F1 career endurance racer? I look forward to the next first time F1 champion.

Yep. Exactly.

His argument is that Rosberg, the guy who always beat the 7-time world champion in the driver standings, is a 'nobody' so Hamilton doesn't have any real competition. Not like Alonso who is able to win races even with the shitty car he has (even though Hamilton tied/beat 2-time world chamption Alonso in his debut year.)

Logical conclusion, yo.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Can't believe they used the chassis from Raikonnen that took a hit from a curbstone for testing.

I really wonder what are they doing. It looks like complete disarray at Ferrari

Williams and Mercedes are doing tyre compound testing today. Issues with car at Ferrari (as cited above), Force India, Lotus and RBR. And here is the reason why Lewis is flying today

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Another 120 laps for Mercedes today on final day of Bahrain midseason test - 240 laps or 4 full Bahrain race distances covered in two days without any major glitch. And Pirelli must be clapping with their ears due to all the data that Mercedes provided today (and 64 laps from Williams)
1 L. Hamilton 1:34.178 120
2 J.-E. Vergne 1:35.557 64
3 K. Magnussen 1:36.203 26
4 S. Pérez 1:36.586 63
5 D. Ricciardo 1:37.310 67
6 J. Bianchi 1:37.316 93
7 G. van der Garde 1:37.623 77
8 F. Alonso 1:37.912 12
9 M. Ericsson 1:39.263 66
10 F. Nasr 1:39.879 64
11 R. Grosjean 1:43.732 16

Peter Prodromou (chief of aerodynamics at RBR) stepped down from active duties at team and starts his move to Mclaren (F1Fanatic)

Something must be in the air at Mclaren : McLaren can catch Mercedes says race chief Eric Boullier
_74134789_482263127.jpg

#whereisSutil

Xperia x McLaren. Heard a funny rumour about it today. Title sponsorship. Sony feel like they can make headway with the Xperia brand across Asia and in Brazil by sponsoring McLaren. I wonder whether Sony will use any GT branding if they do go for it. I would force the issue in their place.

Edit: got a number as well, 3 year deal from the 2015 season, around $125m per year. The team would be called Xperia/Sony McLaren Honda.

:lol :lol

Ferrari are hilarious. Fucking fire the lot of them.

Zeknurn

Last year I asked about what were the good seats at the Nürbergring GP and I got much appreciated help from this thread. This year I'm thinking about going to the Hockenheim GP and I'm wondering the same thing. Has anyone been and is there anything else worth knowing?

So is the fantasy site dead or what? Wish we still had a good one going like a few years ago.

The website is up and running here, however the results from the last race hasn't been updated because there was a case of some people changing their team during qualifier thanks to a daylight savings time screw up. They are working on reverting these changes.

I would like to see them introduce bonus questions for additional income like what f1rm had because right now it's pretty hard to nail the polelap.

So is the fantasy site dead or what? Wish we still had a good one going like a few years ago.

I played on that site last year and it was awful so I stayed away this year.

The way it's set up it's basically the first person who gets money for an upgrade that wins it. With a better team you get even more money for more upgrades. You can't really earn money any other way than from the races so whoever has the best team there will improve even more.

With all the new rules this year there might be some small chances for some unexpected results though.

I don't think they ever changed the prices last year either. McLaren was more expensive than everyone but Red Bull during the whole season last year. Lotus is (still) the second most expensive team this year!

duckroll

Wow, Ferrari continues to be a fucking joke. What's the point of paying two world champions to race if you can't even tell that one of their cars is damaged during a race. The team is long overdue for a complete cleansing.

Thinking of some of the folks at Ferrari:

Rory Byrne
Pat Fry
James Allison
Nicholas Tombazis

They must have some really bad mismanagement to produce the embarrassment that is the F14T despite having these four around. I'm sure the crappy engine isnt helping either.

Ark

Reports in Italian press today that BMW are coming back to F1 as an engine supplier.

This would be fantastic news.

Now if only another major car manufacturer would bring in a works team.
I know this isn't going to happen for a long time.

Hammer24

Banned
Yeah, they're completely incapable of making high performance (economical) petrol engines. I forgot.

They could even slap the Lamborghini or Bentley name on it. ;)

Yes, they were seriously thinking in that direction a couple years back. VW/Seat/Skoda = rally, Audi = touring, Lambo = F1.

NHale

Thinking of some of the folks at Ferrari:

Rory Byrne
Pat Fry
James Allison
Nicholas Tombazis

They must have some really bad mismanagement to produce the embarrassment that is the F14T despite having these four around. I'm sure the crappy engine isnt helping either.

Indeed. Meanwhile blaming individuals is the big mistake Ferrari has done in the recent past. Always finding a scapegoat to divert from the serious problems that don't solve by firing or hiring someone new.

If your production, personnel and infraestructure is outdated, you can hire Newey and it wouldn't mean a thing. Even Domenicali is not the scapegoat like some like to imply. He can only do so much considering he's basically LdM puppet.

Aldo Costa was once the scapegoat. Wasn't good enough to design a good Ferrari car they said. He went to Mercedes and designed last years and this year car. Apparently he was good enough.

LeBoef

not saying its a bad diesel engine. i am saying they wont build an engine for f1.
volkswagen group has other manufacturers suitable for f1.

one of them porsche, who had to decide between lmp and f1 racing. now rather battling against its vw brother marque.

its not like you just pull out an amazing petrol engine, because you have an amazing diesel aggregate. why should they leave or at least reduce their successfull lmp r&d for f1? thats expensive and even porsche wont (cant?) do both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom