• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jibbed

Didn't Alonso used that chassis on day 1 of testing too? Maybe the problem wasn't so simple for the drivers to notice.

Apparently Alonso only drove 15-20 laps before parking the car and prompting the team to investigate the issue.

As it was only a crack, the difference would have been minimal but he had the benefit of referencing it against the chassis he had used all weekend.

Apparently Alonso only drove 15-20 laps before parking the car and prompting the team to investigate the issue.

As it was only a crack, the difference would have been minimal but he had the benefit of referencing it against the chassis he had used all weekend.

He did 12 laps, to be precise.
12 goddamn laps.

Jibbed

He did 12 laps, to be precise.
12 goddamn laps.

Yeah, I'm sure most people would feel the difference going from a chassis that's fine to one with a crack.

Didn't look like it affected performance much given Kimi's pace relative to Alonso anyway, it had been there since FP1.

On day 1 he did 69 laps. Did he used Kimi's chassis on day 1 too?

Nah, he jumped in Kimi's car on day 2. They just transfer the seat fitting over.

In other news... FIA president Jean Todt hints at F1 double points rethink

Thank fuck for that.

Horner still thinks they have a case.

Although none of the other teams on the grid have been found guilty of the same rules violation, Horner believes the problems with the fuel flow sensors over the last two weeks have strengthened their case.

"Those points are vital, every point is vital," Horner told ESPN.

"I think we've got a very strong case. As more races have progressed, [the] issue have become more evident and issues and understanding has come to light. Hopefully we can present our case fairly and get the second place back that Daniel deserves from Melbourne."

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/9258436/Red-Bull-s-case-getting-stronger-Horner

Jibbed

Wow. So the difference was there and was noticeable. And Ferrari made Kimi drive that car during the entire weekend... Ferrari is clearly in disarray.

Given the circumstances of race control and the limited time the teams have with the car over the weekend, I can understand how something like a small crack would go unnoticed. It actually happens quite often.

It's more an issue relating to Kimi than the team though, doesn't bode well if he can't pick up on things like this. I can imagine he was just saying things like "the car feels strange" or "I don't like it" all weekend and Ferrari were scratching their heads, but when Alonso jumped in and felt the difference he was able to tell it was a fundamental chassis issue.

NHale

Good. Some rubberband bullshit that is.

Funny enough that was rule put in place to avoid Vettel of winning the championship 4 races before the end of the season. Now this rule is probably the best chance of Vettel winning the championship this year. Perfect!

Funny enough that was rule put in place to avoid Vettel of winning the championship 4 races before the end of the season. Now this rule is probably the best chance of Vettel winning the championship this year. Perfect!

Yep, watch Vettel change his tune and start gobbing off if it's withdrawn!

Zeknurn

There's more.

@pitlanetalk: Stefano Domenicali's job is on the line. Ferrari's engine department miscalculated PU, which is now supposedly overweight. #F1 #Formula1
@pitlanetalk: Luca di Montezemolo gave Domenicali until Spain to fix the problems. PU also suffers from incompatibility between MGU-K and MGU-H. #F1

Dilly

Banned
I for one would be glad to not hear the 'we were not where we should be, for sure. But we're working hard on the carrr for next year' bullshit anymore.

Hammer24

Banned
Their PU was overweight from the start. They built for reliability, thinking weightloss would come later in the Evolution. Well, with the added weight coming up fortheir shielding, the Problem gets worse before it gets better.

Hammer24

Banned
I was just hoping the gap was that large due to Hammy being the only one on the SSs :(

Pirelli testing program:
day 1: FRI (CAT)
day 2: HAM (MER) and NAS (WIL)
Those were blind tests, where neither the Teams nor the Drivers knew, what tyre compounds they had on.

Juicy Bob

Flavio should stay away from F1 forever, fucking disgrace.
This.

Fixing a race is bad enough, but deliberately arranging a crash putting drivers, marshals and fans potentially at danger is an insult to the memory of anyone who lost their life at a Formula 1 event.

I doubt Brawn returns in a day to day capacity. If I were LdM I would approach him about becoming a consultant though, and have him put together a new technical team.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Imagine the fireworks when Mercedes laps them in Barcelona

Not a lot of time to get that all sorted out.

And quite impossible task to solve, to be honest. They can solve MGU-K and MGU-H compatibility, but reducing weight to their PU? Good luck with that. Ferrari PU is also the heaviest of all three, this is the reason that Sauber and Marussia are also having weight issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom