• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

John_B

Safest bet would be pole for Hamilton. Rosberg would be behind him trying to pass, but I doubt he would seek a collision that could very well take himself out.

DD

iR9gN42qc0saq.jpg

isDrDLKR34R0Q.jpg

iAv9DLarC0QJt.jpg

Safest bet would be pole for Hamilton. Rosberg would be behind him trying to pass, but I doubt he would seek a collision that could very well take himself out.

Im not interested in seeing Lewis coast home to a second place finish. Let him punctuate his title bid by slamming the door in Nico's face with a pole position and race win.

Hasney

Really hoping for a Rosberg pole and an aggressive Hamilton. I want to see how hard Rosberg shuts that door on him to see if he can get lucky with hamilton falling back and him being fine.

duckroll

I think if Rosberg is in front and Hamilton is behind him, the race is be rather predictable. Hamilton is unlikely to do anything overly stupid to cost himself the championship. If Hamilton is in front though, and Rosberg is second, then Rosberg literally has nothing to lose from being more reckless. Then... we'll see.

dubc35

Is the RBR front wing considered the best though? Seems like they should be focusing on Mercedes.

HAM top of the charts for FP1 and FP2. Does he sweep the weekend?

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Safest bet would be Hamilton sitting 5 seconds behind Rosberg for the duration of the race.

Zeknurn

@adamcooperF1: 20 minutes until the FIA press conf showdown: Horner, Mattiaci, Wolff v. Lopez, Fernley, Kaltenborn, with C Williams in the middle...
@adamcooperF1: It promises to be an incendiary gathering, lots of people with a point to make... If they all show up!

I hope someone asks Horner more about the twin turbo, only kers, lower cost engine that he suggested during BBC FP2.

kiyomi

Abu Dhabi is such a soulless track. I really detest the fact that the title decider is at such an anaemic and lifeless location.

WTF Sky is not showing the PC until 4 pm? Fuck off, don't care about GP2.

Seems G Lopez and Fernley missed the PC. And the Caterham guy is there.

And Monisha is missing as well. Seems a boycott.

Abu Dhabi is such a soulless track. I really detest the fact that the title decider is at such an anaemic and lifeless location.
Section 3 of the circuit is driver's paradise, I feel. Its the first two sections with the long straights that are an insufferable bore. But watch the onboards from the third section of the track. Its edge of your seat stuff.

Doubt it. Slow corners, where an F1 car feels most unnatural. Bet they would prefer some maggots and becketts

Turns 15 and 16 arent slow corners, and the exit out of 19 is a great challenge. On a hot lap, the tires are almost scraping the barrier there, its one of the few areas of the track that punishes driver error if he screws up even slightly.

DBT85

They're right though. Prodromou might as well have taken the CAD files with him.

Hardly a surprising turn of events. He helped RBR down the path on that spec so probably knows it intimately.

Nothing they couldn't have tried themselves but nobody st Macca knew why to go down that development fork.

Prodromou turned up, explaining it and all the Macca guys were like "ahhhhhhh, yeah that's neat".

It won't literally be a carbon copy if course as it needs to work with the car behind it.

cmr-94

Turns 15 and 16 arent slow corners, and the exit out of 19 is a great challenge. On a hot lap, the tires are almost scraping the barrier there, its one of the few areas of the track that punishes driver error if he screws up even slightly.

true, but there's a difference between a couple relatively simple fast corners and another one that would be one of the easiest at monaco and a 'drivers paradise.'

Pimpwerx

do you think Hamilton has it within him to play it safe tomorrow? The smart thing to do (assuming he qualifies P2) would be to sit 5 seconds behind Rosberg and for both of them to pull away from the rest of the field. But will he be able to resist fighting?
Safe? No such thing. Approach the weekend as he has every other one so far. Go for the win. The only time to play it safe is if Nico is being overly aggressive or something. Otherwise, go for speed, go for pole and go for the win. PEACE.

frontieruk

Safe? No such thing. Approach the weekend as he has every other one so far. Go for the win. The only time to play it safe is if Nico is being overly aggressive or something. Otherwise, go for speed, go for pole and go for the win. PEACE.

If you're not first, you're last.

kiyomi

Section 3 of the circuit is driver's paradise, I feel. Its the first two sections with the long straights that are an insufferable bore. But watch the onboards from the third section of the track. Its edge of your seat stuff.

Sector 3 is basically all 90deg. corners, aka the same as any Tilke "street" track from the past 5 years. It's a bad track with no fanbase, no atmosphere, just a shitton of money and it's a crap place to host the final race.

John_B

Safest bet would be Hamilton sitting 5 seconds behind Rosberg for the duration of the race.
He will forego any control of the race if he stays behind Rosberg. The gap to the cars behind him will be directed by Rosberg and not himself. If a safety car catches them out, they will both come in at the same time and Hamilton will have to wait for Rosberg to be serviced.

Honestly, with the massive pace advantage they have, I really doubt they have anything to worry about. If the competition was much closer, it would be the wiser move to aim for the front spot.

I think if Rosberg is in front and Hamilton is behind him, the race is be rather predictable. Hamilton is unlikely to do anything overly stupid to cost himself the championship. If Hamilton is in front though, and Rosberg is second, then Rosberg literally has nothing to lose from being more reckless. Then... we'll see.

Rosberg seems confident that he can be faster than Hamilton for the pole. If he does that he might be able to slow the race a bit to allow for the Williams or whomever to catch up.

They're right though. Prodromou might as well have taken the CAD files with him.

All you need is pictures. But it's not only about replicating a body work I presume

I agree. Bring back brazil as final race

Rosberg seems confident that he can be faster than Hamilton for the pole. If he does that he might be able to slow the race a bit to allow for the Williams or whomever to catch up.

He isn't good enough for that. If he goes any slower Hamilton will do what he's been doing all season... he might do that anyway.

duckroll

That's a crazy fantasy. Rosberg at the front slowing down the pace of the race? That'll be suicide for him, and Hamilton will be happy to take that win. :p

Top Bottom