• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

Cool, now I can like Ferrari again.

NEVER! Not even when Kimi won the 2007 lol ..

Hah, I could say the same about Vettel ;) That he couldn't outperform Ricciardo (when his car wasn't blowing up) says mounds for when he's in a car that isn't 100% tailored to him.

Best of luck to him at Ferrari. He'll need it.

Hopefully he likes a sharp front end..

Nice of Vettel to confirm that he'll be out of contention for the world championship for another 3 years. :)

He has 4 championships in his pocket. Time to put some money there instead ;)

If Mercedes don't agree on relaxing the rules, rest assured that in 2016 it will be a completely new engine and Ferrari will surely be very good. Vettel's move is perfectly timed. Who doesn't want to drive for Ferrari? Not even Alonso, I'm sure he still wanted to stay

B24R4C0CEAAwy76.jpg

B24R4DUCcAAjmIL.jpg

B24R4DZCcAAEBqX.jpg

ew ew ew.. right side of the helmet rocks though. Would've been awesome if he made the whole helmet that way

Can't really do it justice in text, hopefully someone will put a video up somewhere soon.

But basically the journalist asked Alonso "If you were able to choose your teammate next year, would you choose Button?"... with Button right next to him. Button stared intently at the side of Alonso's face whilst Alonso stammered his way through a non committal answer about not knowing where he will be. :D

So do most of them when they actually get the airtime. Hamilton, Alonso, Rosberg, Massa certainly do.

I imagine most of the others would do when they got to world champion level too. Raikkonen being the obvious exception.

Can't really do it justice in text, hopefully someone will put a video up somewhere soon.

But basically the journalist asked Alonso "If you were able to choose your teammate next year, would you choose Button?"... with Button right next to him. Button stared intently at the side of Alonso's face whilst Alonso stammered his way through a non committal answer about not knowing where he will be. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDfFxYiJbK8

From 1:45

mrklaw

MrArseFace
do you think Hamilton has it within him to play it safe tomorrow? The smart thing to do (assuming he qualifies P2) would be to sit 5 seconds behind Rosberg and for both of them to pull away from the rest of the field. But will he be able to resist fighting?

DBT85

Lol.
Love the press conference. Everyone knows he's at McLaren and everyone's putting him in a spot there. JB was perfect.

Nicktendo86

None. There's no way McLaren with a new engine is gonna be anywhere near a podium next year.

Na, they will be up there. The chassis will basically be a Red Bull and the engine will be a monster.

But I thought they would do well this year, so what do I know :(

NHale

Incredible how that press conference was so tense because of everything happening outside the WDC decision. Also Alonso's and Button's reaction to that question makes me believe that he's gone from McLaren. Also every press statement made today except for Vettel contains a dig at some team or driver. Even Ricciardo threw a small dig at Vettel.

Nico's attempt at playing mind games with Lewis is hilariously bad. Come on kid, at least say Lewis will probably push the wrong button again under pressure or say that you don't want a gifted championship like Glock gave Lewis. If you want to be a bad guy at least go all the way and put every crazy conspiracy theory on the table like Todt and Briatore did in 2005. Those were the days.

DBT85

Paddy Lowe sharing some insights.

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/report...difference-in-driving-style-as-well-as-set-up
"When we first ran Lewis in an F1 car at McLaren in a test, we could see from the traces there was a lot of instability in the car in the braking and corner entry phases – and I mean a lot,” says Lowe. “Enough that our then current race drivers [Raikkonen and Montoya] would have been bitching about it when they came in. But Lewis didn’t mention it. So we pushed him about it, asked him what the car was like on braking and corner entry and he just said, ’fine’."

Zeknurn

Bottas dropped a massive piece of bodywork. The whole sidepod cover.

@WilliamsRacing: Bodywork issue for Valtteri as side pod comes off on that run, it also felt loose on Felipe's car. Team investigating

Floor is off on Bottas car and he wont be out for the rest of session while the team looks into the chassi flexing.

@WilliamsRacing: Fixings on both chassis need repairing so Felipe not expected to be back on track this session either-engineers adjusting plans for #FP2

Top Bottom