• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

Rosberg seems confident that he can be faster than Hamilton for the pole. If he does that he might be able to slow the race a bit to allow for the Williams or whomever to catch up.

All you need is pictures. But it's not only about replicating a body work I presume

I agree. Bring back brazil as final race

If Rosberg actually slows down Hamilton would take him within a lap.

Hamilton will play it safe for secondo.. If he can keeo the third within 2 seconds or so, Hamilton will be under a huge pressure

I'm sure he won't lunge like often does but if Rosberg really slows down enough for Bottas to be a threat to Hamilton, Lewis will just overtake Rosberg instead. Hamilton is usually faster even when Rosberg is trying to go fast.

Se what I'm saying?

frontieruk

*or 2nd and World Champion. :p

But I agree he should go for the win.

Fail

Shake 'n bake!

6HuKSSq.jpg

There is no way that Rosberg could pull some kind of pace that would hold up Hamilton and get the Williams close enough to get them to overtake Hamilton. He's simlpy not good enough for that. The second he slows down, he got Hamilton down his neck and he's going to be a sitting duck. If he really can do that and out drive Hamilton at the same time, then he might as well deserve the championship.

Which is not going to happen.

There is no way that Rosberg could pull some kind of pace that would hold up Hamilton and get the Williams close enough to get them to overtake Hamilton. He's simlpy not good enough for that. The second he slows down, he got Hamilton down his neck and he's going to be a sitting duck.

To be fair, I don't think there's a driver on earth that could with the current performance deficit. Especially at a track like Abu Dhabi.

Nicktendo86

Would love it if Hamilton just ran right into Rosberg Senna/Schumacher style and then just stood up to him with a 'deal with it' expression. Pure anti climax.

Edit: I hope Button stays in F1 if only for his facial expressions in press conferences.

duckroll

I don't think the "first place holding second place back until third place becomes a threat" strategy makes any sense when the second place we're talking about here is Hamilton. With the third place likely to be a Williams driver, it's even more of a joke.

Rosberg leading? He doesn't have the ability to hold Hamilton back while defending, end of story.

Alonso leading? He can hold Hamilton back while defending, sure, but how does a Williams overtaking Hamilton factor in? If there is any scenario where he holds Hamilton back so much that a Williams can overtake a Mercedes, that means both of them are going to be overtaken, and Hamilton would just slide into the slipstream to overtake as well.

It's a nonsensical tactic, no serious driver would entertain it.

NHale

With DRS in a track like Abu Dhabi you can't play that tactics. You can do that on the slower parts of the track but on those sectors nobody can overtake so it's a moot point.

Also Alonso did it in Hungary because it's a track that allows that and the short straights of the track negated the big engine advantage Mercedes has. Doing it in Abu Dhabi would be completely impossible.

The only hope for Rosberg is a mechanical failure or an accident. If nothing strange happens it's going to be an easy 1-2 for Mercedes.

DBT85

I just want Lewis on pole and then a nice cruise to the end. No weird shit, no mistakes or problems.

Rosberg winning because of a) double points, b) Lewis car/pit issue c) 3rd party taking Lewis out would ruin the end of the season and frankly piss me off.

If Lewis slams it in the wall of his own accord then good on Nico for doing enough to win it. Provided double points would have made no difference.

I just hope that come the end (provided there's no on track clash between them costing one a DNF) they can both stand up and say they are happy for the other, what a great season, etc.

Lotus apparently go a bit mental when they're not competitive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVBcEg6klJI

Looks great but that's a dumb stunt to do.

"Oh a truck landed on his head, we never could have seen that coming."

Did rosberg literally call out Hamilton??

Here you go :)

http://youtu.be/SI8ag6LnPm0?t=30m40s

Lewis was asked if they'll have a chat before the race about keeping it clean, LEwis says there is no need, its been discussed at the start and during the seasons, especially after Bahrain. Both know what to do, not children.

Nico comes back with "There is something he can do to keep it clean, drive cleanly himself".

Juicy Bob

Formula E race was great. Awesome, close racing, with plenty of drama throughout.

The circuit was so much better than Beijing. And they've thankfully gotten rid of the unnecessary techno music in the background. Well worth checking out if you get the chance.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Has button confirmed he is leaving F1? Just watching the practice on the BBC and they're talking to Christian Horner who just said this is he last time we'll see Button at a GP weekend?

Edit: is a repeat of P2

Nicktendo86

Has button confirmed he is leaving F1? Just watching the practice on the BBC and they're talking to Christian Horner who just said this is he last time we'll see Button at a GP weekend?

Edit: is a repeat of P2
No nothing is confirmed, Horner is a complete cunt stating rumour as fact.

God I hate that man.

Mastah

So Alonso drove only 2 laps in FP2, only 8 laps in FP3 during first minutes of the session, when track was at its worst, yet he finished 4th, 4 tenths ahead of Kimi, who had problem-free all 3 sessions. Business as usual for Fred, I guess.

So Alonso drove only 2 laps in FP2, only 8 laps in FP3 during first minutes of the session, when track was at its worst, yet he finished 4th, 4 tenths ahead of Kimi, who had problem-free all 3 sessions. Business as usual for Fred, I guess.

That was one hell of a lap. Still not entirely sure how he managed it.

Seems a bit ridiculous. He's had precisely no time to get a new team working together.

But it's always been talked about how he's merely a an interim principal until they find someone, no? Not to be disrespectful, but he was a salesman before he joined the F1 team and I never thought he'd lead the team the coming seasons. But I also thought he'd last a bit longer.

This makes even less sense than Mattiacci. Just what the hell is going on there? I could understand if they replaced him, because they found someone appropriate for the job. But to fire him, because they weren't happy with the performance of the team (of which he had barely any influence over) and then replace him with a tobacco salesman. I don't get it. I'm trying to read up as much as I can about Arrivabene, but as of now, it doesn't make any fucking sense.

I've been wondering. Is DC doing promotion pieces for Mercedes AMG now and not with Red Bull anymore?

e: In other news, major douche chills coming from Chilton. Goddamn.

Zeknurn

I've been wondering. Is DC doing promotion pieces for Mercedes AMG now and not with Red Bull anymore?

I don't think I have read anything saying that he isn't a Red Bull driver anymore.

Chilton God looking good.

That thousand yard stare by Alonso at the end of the 2012 championship is never going to get old.

EJ calling Vettel crazy for going to Ferrari, as he got no hope for the team. All important key engineers are at other teams. I can't seem to disagree with him.

I don't think I have read anything saying that he isn't a Red Bull driver anymore.

I was wondering because of the AMG stickers on his visor. Might've been because of Williams, of course.

Top Bottom