• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

EJ calling Vettel crazy for going to Ferrari, as he got no hope for the team. All important key engineers are at other teams. I can't seem to disagree with him.

Probably right, but then Red Bull is likely on a downturn now too (Renault engine plus losing a ton of their key staff, especially Newey and Prodromou). Why not give it a blast... stranger things have worked out in the past.

Ron now saying 4 drivers in contention for a Mclaren drive.

And that nothing has been decided (LOL).

Fernando, Button, Mag and Vandoorne are all in contention and it will probably be Fernando and Button with Vandoorne as the third driver. As much as I like KMag he has struggled to make any kind of impact this season

Mohonky

How strict are they with the drivers running all 4 tires over the line.

Depends on the track and the corner. They have briefings before the race to tell them if or which corners they will be penalised for. Dont think there was any message about track run off for this race.

Mclaren doing right by Jenson, like it has all the other world champs that left them in acrimony.
I hope he has a cracking weekend, Ive always liked Jens, I dont give a damn what his detractors say. He's one of the finest raceday drivers on the grid.

Not a fan of the track but I love the way the cars look during sunset.

untitled-4qqiwy.gif

Well that's what Ron says. The question is, will Ron still be in charge after this season ends?

Well we might find out the next week, considering all the big dogs are in Abu Dhabi for the race, so I'm sure a lot of discussions are taking place.

But at least Brundle did a good job trying to get out an answer from Ron.

Mohonky

Redbull doing there usual thing lf having celebrities run around. What is it with that? Do they have some sort of entourage deal going on?

Zeknurn

Not only that, fp3 was fairly useless for judging tire deg on a hot lap as the track and air temps are completely different to now.

That car is shit, the engine isn't holding it back at all.

Not being able to finish races for the first half season due to the power unit certainly killed any ambitions to improve their current car instead of focusing on next year.

That Caterham guy is completely out of his league.

So Bernie and CVC seem more sympathetic to the smaller teams, at least for now. Next week I'm sure he will be back to his normal self.

DBT85

Not being able to finish races for the first half season due to the power unit certainly killed any ambitions to improve their current car instead of focusing on next year.

Certainly true but the car was shit to begin with. The engine isn't the limiter when the order ly Renault team to do worse than them is Caterham.

Nice to see Lewis do it on one lap. Means he has a bit more life in the first stint tomorrow.

Lol Mclaren. Ron sure fixed all those problems.

Mohonky

Man those boats.......and those are probably just the docking boats for the even bigger super boats out off the coast for some of the people around there.

duckroll

Damn this track sure is boring. F1 really needs to go back to ending on Brazil. That's always something special.

why is caterham still collecting money if they made it to abu dhabi?
https://www.crowdcube.com/caterham/

didnt all their employees already get axed in england? seems to me that that crowfunding money will end up in the pockets of some investors....

Yeah I mentioned this earlier too. It seems that they artificially extended the crowdfunding after it failed to reach the goal. I really hope it fails again, so they don't get any of this money. It's really sketchy. There's been mention that Crowdcube is connected to some of the administrators or something, so maybe they want the fees as well.

Top Bottom