• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

untitled-9mga96.gif

DBT85

Great lap from Nico, wondering if Lewis will be better in Q3 next season as it's weird seeing him beat this often. Still bet on Lewis for the win.

What the hell was that message?

Nicos sense of humor. Read the Will Buxton article.

Yet people give him so much shit. He's clearly shown he can go head-to-head vs Hamilton this season.

People give him shit because he's shown next to nothing in the race, where the position actually matters. He doesn't convert enough poles to wins.

Rosberg 1 second quicker in Q3 than Q2

Q2 was on a tyre that did an extra lap that he borked. Incidentally the same tyre he starts the race on.

Hamilton will have some huge problems if he loses a place or two against the Williams at the start.
The Williams are really quick on the straight and this is not a track where you can just count on overtaking easily

Don't worry, should Hamilton get stuck behind a Williams at the start (which I doubt), he'll get to pass them once the pit stops start. After that, we might see Ricciardo being a threat at the end.

Yen

So where does Hamilton have to finish for Rosberg to win the title?
I think I'd like Rosberg to win because I think he's pretty likeable and I'd like another Championship winner to be on the grid. That being said, I was formerly a Hamilton hater but I wouldn't begrudge him victory.

DBT85

I think I'd like Rosberg to win because I think he's pretty likeable and I'd like another Championship winner to be on the grid. That being said, I was formerly a Hamilton hater but I wouldn't begrudge him victory.

If Nico wins Lewis has to come 2nd to win the title, any lower and it's Nicos.

Hurrah double points.

Hamilton needs to finish 3rd for Rosberg to win (with double points). It would be really, really terrible for everyone, if Rosberg managed to win the championship like that. If he's going to win, than thanks to a DNF from Hamilton, negating the double points bullshit.

TCRS

Banned

EjMQyY0.png

Ark

I'm expecting a William's to jump up between Nico & Lewis tomorrow. I just can't see Hamilton taking the title, haven't seen it all year. Dammit.

duckroll

Hoping for a bad Hamilton start and he gets jumped by both Williams. Going to be a bit dull otherwise.

That might make the first 1/3 of the race a bit interesting, but in the end the outcome will probably be the same. I think the only real things which can change the outcome of the race tomorrow will be either a mechanical failure or an accident. Neither of which anyone should be wishing for.

Now if this last race was Brazil instead and it rains, then it's really an open championship. Lol.

malyce

Hamilton will have some huge problems if he loses a place or two against the Williams at the start.
The Williams are really quick on the straight and this is not a track where you can just count on overtaking easily
Hamilton is a great starter. Not much to worry about. And as much as williams put on a show in Q2 on Saturdays, their pace and strategy leaves much to be desired on race day.

If Hamilton doesn't take rosberg under drs, he'll take him in the pits, but i fully expect ham to win tomorrow. He has the superior race pace.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I'm expecting a William's to jump up between Nico & Lewis tomorrow. I just can't see Hamilton taking the title, haven't seen it all year. Dammit.

Even if they do, they will blunder their first pitstops and Lewis would have nice clean road ahead :p

Ark

You're really trying a bit hard. :p Don't worry, it's okay. Hamilton is going to win this.

I promise I'll stop after tomorrow's race :p

Even if they do, they will blunder their first pitstops and Lewis would have nice clean road ahead :p

Yeah, I haven't checked the long run pace from practice but I'm assuming the William's pace is quite a bit off that of the Mercedes so even if Hamilton does get stuck behind one of them, he'll pass them on the outlap anyway.

Hasney

That might make the first 1/3 of the race a bit interesting, but in the end the outcome will probably be the same. I think the only real things which can change the outcome of the race tomorrow will be either a mechanical failure or an accident. Neither of which anyone should be wishing for.

Now if this last race was Brazil instead and it rains, then it's really an open championship. Lol.

Depends, a bit of aggression, get a tyre blow out on a Williams front wing and then it's a whole different race. Probably hoping for too much, but I can always hope.

Tomorrow will be exciting for sure.

masakekz7.gif

Replace Massa's father with Rosberg's wife.

#believe
#gethype

Only if it was in Brazil..

Rosberg has shown that he's got the upper-hand in quali, albiet with a small margin if you factor in Hamilton's technical issues. But that's what it takes in a sport like F1 that splurges with talent (supposedly)..

Hammy has been better overall and truly deserves this one unless he loses without the double points kicking in.

I'm hoping for a boring race with 1-2 mercs end

Juicy Bob

Perez is confirmed at Force India on a multi-year contract.

(Sorry if this is already posted. I'm watching qualy on delay and avoiding spoilers in this thread)

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I like Nico, but I somehow hope that he does not win the championship tomorrow, at least not due to double points. Many people would not acknowledge such a title, and not entirely without justification.

I want nico to win the WCC. Because he deserves it more. He is working for Mercedes since the beginning.

That doesn't matter. Lewis has been the better driver of the two all season. He deserves this and he's going to get it tomorrow. If Nico's going to step up his game during the races next season, it's going to be different, obviously. But as it is right now, it's not even a debate who deserves it.

Mastah

If McLaren replaces Button with Vandoorne, I will be OK with that. But if they want to keep Magnussen over Button, then it's an unfunny joke, as KMag will be trashed by Nando. Decisions, decisions.

Yet people give him so much shit. He's clearly shown he can go head-to-head vs Hamilton this season.

Rosberg has shown he's got tremendous 1-lap pace, but also shit race pace. Basically, he's shown he'a rich man's Trulli.

H2H in qualifying in 2014: 10 Nico - 7 Lewis (adjusting for HUN and GER). I think over their 2 seasons together, they are now level on H2H in qualifying.
Race H2H though is thoroughly dominated by Lewis, 9-3 in his favor.

That said, great job by him today. Lewis was too inconsistent to make it work - at best he would have been 1 tenth off Rosberg had he nailed his lap, but Rosberg was just much aggressive, especially under braking, to achieve lap time.

That said, Lewis had much faster race pace on Friday, so it's still game on. And Abu Dhabi will be much easier to pass on than Brazil given the longer straights, although (initially) getting close will be harder.

Nicos sense of humor. Read the Will Buxton article.

Damn, he's got a terrible sense of humour (at least in English).

markao

Oh man :(

Meanwhile
B3CqrWuCIAEgVGe.jpg

Adam Cooper ‏@adamcooperF1 27m27 minutes ago

Big news as VET and RIC are reported to stewards by Jo Bauer for front wing flaps flexing under aero load...

Did RBR finally overstep, or testing the margins for next year. ;)

And cannot see anything go wrong for Lewis unless his car breaks down. Merc starts to good compared to Williams and race pace just fast.

Top Bottom