• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

hamchan

It's truly very sad that it looks as though we've seen the last ever grand prix for one of F1's greats. A real gentleman of the sport who has seen success, struggles and has come through it all as one of the classiest competitors of his era.

It's a travesty that his career looks to be over when he had so many seasons left in him, but that's the nature of modern Formula 1, I suppose.

If this truly is the end, I'll always remember him for the many fantastic moments he gave us. Thanks for everything, Kamui.

Haha, this is very well done.

(I would rather have Kamui over Button)

D_prOdigy

It's truly very sad that it looks as though we've seen the last ever grand prix for one of F1's greats. A real gentleman of the sport who has seen success, struggles and has come through it all as one of the classiest competitors of his era.

It's a travesty that his career looks to be over when he had so many seasons left in him, but that's the nature of modern Formula 1, I suppose.

If this truly is the end, I'll always remember him for the many fantastic moments he gave us. Thanks for everything, Kamui.

not funny cos genuinely sad :(

B3IkbGGIAAAfYBP.jpg

Legit sad!
If drivers didn't need to drag a ton of money around with them he'd probably have a good ride now. Hopefully he can get picked up for a WEC prototype. He could even reunite with Toyota!

Congratulations to Hamilton! My only disappointment from this entire season was the way this race transpired. I would have liked to see Rosberg drive and put a fight to Hamilton. At least we got to see the Lotus team having a good chuckle even if it's at the expense of Maldonado's engine (credit to someone on Reddit).

I am now even more excited for 2015. The young guys are looking great. Hamilton and Rosberg will be going at it more than ever.

dakun

Any idea what the longest run between two championships is for a driver? 5 seasons surely is up there right? Schumacher was one year faster than lewis in 2000

Chuck

Still without luck
"Hey, I'm sure you're happy for being SECOND place today, but remember how you ALMOST won the World Championship 6 years ago? Felt like shit eh? EH?"

Disgraceful.

Wouldn't it be great if Massa brought back a "Well, winning itself is extremely rewarding, which I guess you never had the chance to experience in your career of 20 years"

#ifmassawasmean

Sucks for Rosberg not to be able to fight until the end, but Lewis did a great job to seal the win in style.

Really glad for Williams. Hopefully they won't throw so many points away next year and will be placed to regularly challenge for wins.

FuturusX

Rosberg unbelievably gracious under the circumstances. Especially when all he probably wants to do is find a dark hole and disappear into it.

Much respect.

Respect for sure, but I think he's been ready for this for a while now. It was always going to be a long shot with Hamilton needing to finishing 2nd in a car so fast.

That start from Lewis was pretty much perfection and his pace thereafter was sound. He had the victory in the bag, even if Rosberg hadnt had his ERS issue.

duckroll

Respect for sure, but I think he's been ready for this for a while now. It was always going to be a long shot with Hamilton needing to finishing 2nd in a car so fast.

Long shot sure, but for his race to end like this was really crappy too. If he remained second, or won the race with Hamilton second, it would be easier to swallow.

Mohonky

Where did the manufacturers finish? Williams ahead of Ferrari? Vettel going to that shit team next year is fine by me. Ricciardo had the measure of him all season. He's going to win a championship at some point.

Massa and Bottas had a great year and I like that Massa finished this season off with a second tonight. Nice guy and a great driver who has never full realised his potential since that knock to the head.

Dont even know what to say about Raikkonen, the guy just isnt there at all. Next year with Vettel Ferrari are going to be a real shit show.

Lotus, goddamn. Even Lotus engineers laughing at their car catching fire, sums it up really. What an absolute shitbox of a car.

Be surprised if Renault sell any engines next year.

FuturusX

11-5 wins is a little bit better? Rosberg needs to think about how many times he was outclassed on the track. There's no points for Pole. If he's honest he was handily beaten on the track.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Final constructors standings for this season:

Mercedes 701 (new record, probably won't be beaten for quite some time)
RBR 405
Williams 320
Ferrari 216
Mclaren 181
Force India 155
STR 30
Lotus 10
Marussia 2
Caterham, Sauber 0

hamchan

"I would like to go to the end" is a pretty decent title.

Also Rosberg losing with class and respect is way better for his long-term PR than winning a championship this year with double points. Probably won't have people booing him next year.

Top Bottom