• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Yeah everyone has pretty much confirmed that.

Only question is if Ross Brawn returns. Some say no, some say yes if Ferrari give him total control.

Even if Ross eats his words once again, he would need around 3 years to sort this mess at Ferrari. But I think that he won't return

Yeah everyone has pretty much confirmed that.

Only question is if Ross Brawn returns. Some say no, some say yes if Ferrari give him total control.

Apparently Ross denied it yesterday via text to Brundle. It would be the only hope for Ferrari, really. All the good people are in different teams and I agree with EJ that it's a bit mental to switch to Ferrari in their state. I know Vettel wants to pull a Schumacher and bring them back to glory, but Alonso has failed and I don't see Vettel pulling it off.

e: Man, EJ just pulled Lauda out in the middle of the RTL interview and the guys are just desperate and can't handle that. It's so fun to watch.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'd held off watching live as I'd be too tense waiting for Hamilton's tyre to explode or something. So I waited until I heard the result. And now my daughter is on the PS4 so I can't watch the recording until tonight so I thought I'd try iplayer but it isn't up yet.

why does the BBC take time to put programs up on iplayer? You can often press a button to 'watch live' which starts from the start of an already playing program, so they clearly have it available in realtime (presumably at a lower quality). So why can't they put that up immediately while they're waiting for their handbrake encode to be finished on their 486?

edit: lol in the time it took me to write that rant, they've put it up :p

FuturusX

Brawn has some health issues I believe. I think that might be an issue for a potential return. Perhaps an executive advisory role. Good luck to Seb and Ferrari next year.

Ark

Jenson ;_;

Season is over ;_;

untitled-18tejnn.gif

;_;

We love you Sunhi.

Any bets when Ferrari is going to fire Pat Fry? There were rumors around August that they fired him, but that didn't turn out to be true. Is there even anyone left that could replace him there?

Alonso just said that the problem with Ferrari is not just one person, but whoever is in charge of the personnel there doesn't seem to get that.

shaki123

Ronbo is telling the Jense that he's done.

Alonso and Sainz Jr with Telefonica millions next year, they got shot of Paffett so Magnussen could stay part of the team.

Button will join Nissan for Le Mans.

You were there during the conversation? You cannot possibly know this at all. His Sky interview was pretty positive. Sainz will probably go to Torro Rosso.

TCRS

Banned
the feels ;_;

Alonso you magnificent bastard, good luck at McLaren. The Ferrari championship wasn't meant to be, he already did more than any other driver could have in those cars.

LOL EJ

You were there during the conversation? You cannot possibly know this at all. His Sky interview was pretty positive. Sainz will probably go to Torro Rosso.

if button was staying it would have been done and dusted, this studying of data thing is bollocks, there's nothing to study, it's clear as day to see that magnussen isn't a patch on him, he's out and magnussen isn't good enough, so it'll be sainz jr and the spanish millions as reported by a.s

"Christian Horner telling Vettel on the team radio that he hopes to give him a hard time next year. "Yeah, likewise," replied Vettel"

Much love.

krYlon

Rosberg's BBC interview almost had me in tears and I wanted Lewis to win.

Lol at Eddie Jordan. There's one person I would never tell any secrets to.

Shaneus

Fuck, I set an alarm to wake me up just before midnight local time (that's when it was starting in Australia) and I just woke up :/ Glad to see Hamilton won it (but not by much? Massa almost took it?) and looks like Ricciardo had an amazing run to come from second-last to finish fourth compared to his teammate. Apt finish for Red Bull's #2 driver.

Rosberg seemed to have technical problems? Sucks that he couldn't race the whole way, but props to him for keeping the car on the track and giving it a good go. Glad the double points didn't factor into it, though.

And what was said to Massa on the podium? Any other gaffes I should know about?

Going back to bed, but will check out the new posts in the morning. Will also download the race in a day or two, hopefully the Beeb one will be available.

"Christian Horner telling Vettel on the team radio that he hopes to give him a hard time next year. "Yeah, likewise," replied Vettel"

Much love.
Horner's hopes much different from Vettel's. In that one is actually realistic.

Was that a notably bitter comment over the radio or did it sound genuine from both parties?

Shaneus

Any idea what the longest run between two championships is for a driver? 5 seasons surely is up there right? Schumacher was one year faster than lewis in 2000
Probably 2013 and the year after Vettel's contract at Ferrari runs out and he moves to another team.

Man, Vettel. It does necessarily seem that he leaves Red Bull on good terms.

Thank you so much. Not for this gif, but in general. Thank you!

Thank you, it's very much appreciated. :)

I missed most of last season but I'm so glad I was able to sort out my circumstances for this year.

Best

As a casual F1 watcher, I don't get why Hamilton is getting so much praise for this year. At least in the UK, everyone devalues Vettel's titles for having the best car. And yet with Hamilton having by far the best car this year, it never gets mentioned. Also Vettel smashed his teammate. What gives?

cmr-94

As a casual F1 watcher, I don't get why Hamilton is getting so much praise for this year. At least in the UK, everyone devalues Vettel's titles for having the best car. And yet with Hamilton having by far the best car this year, it never gets mentioned. Also Vettel smashed his teammate. What gives?

Rosberg is accepted as a better teammate than webber. but i agree vettels championships shouldn't be devalued, although the fact that he won four does change it a bit

Nicktendo86

Because Hamilton has never been smashed by a team mate like Vettel has this year and has shown his worrth in shit cars like a few of the McLarens. To my eyes him and Alonso are on their own at the top of the pile.

What a weekend. Utd beat Arsenal, Liverpool lose, Hamilton wins the WDC, Alonso confirms he is moving to McLaren, wonderful roast beef dinner. Just need to wat my chocolate fondant and I can die happy.

Williams have a great platform for 2015. They really should have gone for at least one driver swap. Surely they could have made a play for Alonso even Button over Massa for me.

Massa is miles better than Button

Surprised no one posted the George the Poet segment? Pretty cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV0_I255h7Q

pretty bad compared to this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxscmYF6Ses

EDIT: better version - http://vdownload.eu/watch/7768641-f1-2012-so-much-more-than-just-a-race-33.html

Top Bottom