• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

Oh god, what have I done...

Sebastian-Vettel_3233453.jpg

NHale

Why was Costa sacked in the first place? Oh wait, Ferrari being Ferrari.

I hate this team :/

Because according to Ferrari he was the scapegoat at the time for a poor designed car. This year will probably be Tombazis and Fry.

James Allison for 2016.

Ferrari is so desperate for someone with ability to lead a F1 team that they offered Ross Brawn the possibility of working only 3 days per week. Hilarious. Also there was rumors in Abu Dhabi that they wanted Christian Halliwell but he declined.

I dont get why if the aero numbers are bad for next year they cant just play around with the bosywork on cad for a day til they get it good then rearrange any packaging shit then bam? How hard can it be?

DBT85

I dont get why if the aero numbers are bad for next year they cant just play around with the bosywork on cad for a day til they get it good then rearrange any packaging shit then bam? How hard can it be?

Considering that the teams aren't all identically fast every year? Fairly difficult.

Considering that the teams aren't all identically fast every year? Fairly difficult.

It also doesn't help when the rest of your testing equipment produces different results than what you got from your simulator. How many times have we heard that Ferrari's wind tunnel got them different results than expected of that the car behaves different on track than in the simulator.

Well, at least they're using rFactor now.

Mastah

And out it went:

B3SGe6LIYAAThgI.jpg:orig

Ben Anderson ‏@BenAndersonAuto 4m4 minutes ago

McLaren-Honda makes its first appearance. Vandoorne coasted to the garage with the engine off after one installation lap. Smelled bad...

About the Aldo Costa rumor: 0% chance, he's been very critical of Ferrari. Still thought it was worth posting just to show how messed up Ferrari are. Don't expect it to happen.

Jean Todt proposing an engine cost cap to help the small teams. I'm sure it will be rejected .

Mclaren-Honda did one installation lap and is back in the pits. Still ironing out the issues.

Nicktendo86

McLaren said their running would be like that, single runs then back in to check before moving onto the next run and eventually start doing three lap runs.

Ferrari are deluded. They want Brawn and Newey apparently. Neither are interested and why would they be?

Edit: well apparently the McLaren got back to the pits with the engine off and 'smelled bad' :/

Are we still going to have these penises noses in 2015? Please tell me no.

Qatar in negotiations to have a GP by 2017 at the lastest. Might be twilight. 50 million pound race fee!

Are we still going to have these penises noses in 2015? Please tell me no.

No penises for next year. Teams are probably taking a similar approach to Mercedes or Ferrari.

Bröt! Bröt!

HUG ME! NEXT YEAR WILL BE OUR YEAR! OUR NEW GERMAN SAVIOR HAS COME!

Yes! I'm trying not to make a dumb and unfunny WW2 joke about this German-Italian relationship! Finally!

Dr Zaius, Dr Zaius, oooh Dr Zaius.

I'm pretty sure he means Professor Zoom.

Nicktendo86

Because they would be paid very handsomely and transforming the most famous F1 team into a winner again would be a good challenge?
They both already have more money than they can spend, Newey is no longer interested and wants to take a back seat to design boats and there are rumours of health problems with Brawn.

Hammer24

Banned
They both already have more money than they can spend, Newey is no longer interested and wants to take a back seat to design boats and there are rumours of health problems with Brawn.

As long as FER doesn´t start a Americas Cup campaign, they have a snowballs chance in hell to land Newey.

Because they would be paid very handsomely and transforming the most famous F1 team into a winner again would be a good challenge?

AIUI Newey is involved with Ben Ainslie's entry (BAR) into the 2017 America's Cup, he is one of the principal designers for the boat. Brawn has stress related health issues, I can't imagine working at Ferrari would be good for him.

Hammer24

Banned
AIUI Newey is involved with Ben Ainslie's entry (BAR) into the 2017 America's Cup, he is one of the principal designers for the boat.

Its not sure yet, if he´ll design Sir Charles´ boat. He´s still an RB employee, and will design the AC boat RB throws their marketing might behind, which has not been decided yet (to my knowledge).

Xun

I take it the race is worth watching? I was on holiday in Munich this weekend so I missed it (although I do know the results).

So Ron Dennis saying there's not looking for a title sponsor but 3-5 companies with a relatively big sponsorship for several years.

Says him and Alonso are like a couple: if they divorce and reconcile, they might be stronger.

He expects to win races in 2015.

NHale

As long as Ron Dennis is in charge at McLaren, I just can't find it in myself to like them.

I don't like his personality but at least he has one unlike some of the new owners in F1. Also he always remind me of the garagistas era of F1.

Right now we need guys Paul Stoddart more than ever, he would not shut up about this debacle if he was around. The most vocal owner right now is Mallya and he seems like a novice compared to Stoddart in his time.

I don't like his personality but at least he has one unlike some of the new owners in F1. Also he always remind me of the garagistas era of F1.

Right now we need guys Paul Stoddart more than ever, he would not shut up about this debacle if he was around. The most vocal owner right now is Mallya and he seems like a novice compared to Stoddart in his time.

I think it's certainly fair game to slag off guys like Bernie, and Ron, and Frank (nobody slags Frank!), but these guys have lived a lifetime of motor racing. Nobody loves racing more than these dudes. You can hardly blame them sometimes for looking down their noses at all the Johnny Come Latelys.

image38.png

D_prOdigy

Feels surreal to be in testing for next year already. Weird to see Vettel at Ferrari.

So what's the dealio with the McLaren-Honda that they're running? Is that just a Honda engine banged in the 2014 McLaren?

Weren't some WEC guys hyping up that two current F1 drivers would participate? The Hulk and Alonso.

F1Racing editor:

@Rowlinson_F1: Rumour at #AbuDhabiGP is that @alo_oficial will be at #LeMans in this: Porsche LMP1 http://t.co/WmgKZyVMtt

@Rowlinson_F1: .@_markgallagher Well if rumour is right then 2-race WEC deal for @alo_oficial as well as @McLarenF1. Poss same for @NicoHulkenberg also

As long as Ron Dennis is in charge at McLaren, I just can't find it in myself to like them.

I quite like Ron, he has character, but this year he's laying low for some reason! We need Briatore back, F1 TP's have been so dull in the past few years. All of them are nice and shit

Weren't some WEC guys hyping up that two current F1 drivers would participate? The Hulk and Alonso.

F1Racing editor:

@Rowlinson_F1: Rumour at #AbuDhabiGP is that @alo_oficial will be at #LeMans in this: Porsche LMP1 http://t.co/WmgKZyVMtt

@Rowlinson_F1: .@_markgallagher Well if rumour is right then 2-race WEC deal for @alo_oficial as well as @McLarenF1. Poss same for @NicoHulkenberg also

I would LOVE for that to happen (Alonso and Porsche fan), but I don't see Alonso signing a mega-bucks deal with Mclaren and Honda and them letting him race for one of Mclaren's competitors.

Hulkenberg, not being a works driver, could happen.

If it's true though, Alonso and Abad have mad negotiation skills. I would love for it to be true, but I don't see it happening.
Once Alonso retires from F1, definitely.

Top Bottom