• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

Zeknurn

Leaked picture of an aero testing model of Ferrari's 2015 car.
DMHvtrC.jpg

Also have this picture of the McLaren set.

Formula 1 has moved a step closer to the return of 1000 horsepower turbo cars, following a meeting in Geneva this week by key figures to discuss future rules.

As part of a push by F1's Strategy Group to make grand prix machinery more challenging, it asked F1's engine chiefs to get together this week to discuss ways of giving cars more power.

The belief is that by ramping up engine power above the 1000hp level that proved so spectacular in the past, F1 cars will be harder to drive - and therefore more attractive to fans.

AUTOSPORT has learned that the discussions between the Power Unit Working Group and the FIA were positive, although it is unlikely that any of the changes being talked about will come in to force until 2017.

However, there is a belief that the 1000hp target could be achieved without the need for a total redesign of the current turbo V6 engines nor a complete new engine formula - which would be expensive.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117300
1000 bhp engines, getting that much closer to the bonanza turbo era of the 80s. Give me all of it.

Hasney

That would be great, but how are they going to slow the cars down then? Increasing HP means they'll try nerfing something else, because speeds will definitely increase. PEACE.

Well they could put an MPH limit on, but the cars would still be harder to drive with such ridiculous acceleration.

DBT85

I downloaded this from the future:
Vw8wMUJ.png

Perfect.

That would be great, but how are they going to slow the cars down then? Increasing HP means they'll try nerfing something else, because speeds will definitely increase. PEACE.

I imagine they'll have less aero from the wings and more grip from the tyres. Slowing them down is only really needed for the corners where upsetting the car will more likly result in a crash.

Mercedes will probably still create the best engine on grid.

And then Horner will cry again when they once again stick with Renault. Bring it.

Pimpwerx

I'm considering s trip around Asia, and thought I could catch the Malaysian GP. Anyone with experience care to suggest the best seats?

I was thinking either the front straight, back straight or the hairpin. The front straight has a view of the start/finish, but not much else. I figured there back straight or hairpin would be better since it looks like you can see all of S3 from that end. PEACE.

Mastah

McLaren confirms 29th January launch date:

McLaren ‏@McLarenF1 6m6 minutes ago

The new era begins. Introducing the #McLarenHonda #MP430. Launching online 29 January 2015. See it here first. #MakingHistory

Mercedes will probably still create the best engine on grid.

No traction control at 1000 bhp, keep the ban on exhaust blown diffusers in play, but give the cars more mechanical grip from the tyres.
Would fucking sort the men from the boys in F1, thats for damn sure and there would be no 17 year old boys forcing grown men out of the sport.

kharma45

No traction control at 1000 bhp, keep the ban on exhaust blown diffusers in play, but give the cars more mechanical grip from the tyres.
Would fucking sort the men from the boys in F1, thats for damn sure and there would be no 17 year old boys forcing grown men out of the sport.

lol this again.

DBT85

I think its about time we started thinking about a 2015 title, is it not?

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| The wind tunnel is broken

Go.

Addnan

Has anyone already claimed authorship of the 2015 OT, by the way? Sorry if I've missed it or if Addnan wants to do it again.
If you want to do it go for it. If not I don't mind, can get something together by the first weekend. Probably a bit better than the rush job of 2014, that was last minute of nobody wanting to make an OT.

Top Bottom