• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

I like the idea of the 1000hp engines being possible for a few years. Crank up the fuel allowance and then well see some engines at 15k.

Of course, and the idea that allowing the fuel flow limit to exceed what it is now would "endanger" drivers due to the faster speeds was always a ridiculous argument.

DBT85

I don't see the issue with Honda in-season development. The deal they signed up to was that no one would have in-season development, then Ferrari International Assistance decided to stay true to form and accepted an odd loophole to allow Ferrari to continue to develop their engine in-season. They can't hold Honda to the old reading of the rules and allow Ferrari, Renault and Mercedes the new reading of the rules.

Either they all benefit from the loophole or the FIA close it and watch Ferrari struggle for another season. It can't be one rule for Honda and a better for everyone else.

Not to mention holding Honda to the old interpretation would further discourage new engine manufacturers from entering.

Yes it allows Honda a larger amount of development for this season as they can use loads of tokens, homologate, then use their in-season tokens, but they are already a late entrant so they have a lot of catching up to do anyway.

None of this would even be an issue if the FIA had just told Ferrari to get lost and banned all in-season development outright.

Honda won't be allowed more development than anyone else at all.

They have to have a homologated engine ready for Melbourne. After Melbourne they'll get the average of the remaining tokens not yet used by the other teams. If Ferrari, Renault and Merc turned up in Australia with all of their tokens used, Honda can't develop at all.

As it stands, Honda might get 8 tokens for the entire season.

As I've explained before. The other teams already have a homologated engine that they can use for this year. Honda don't. That was their choice for entering later than the others.

EDIT:

Just seen these videos from Mercedes for the road to 2015, no idea if they were posted or not. Nico quite funny in all.

Trying to name as many world champions in 20 seconds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKDhllqWGCk

dubc35

FI reveal in 2 days. It's happening.gif!

Announced Car Reveals:
January 21: Force India
January 22: Williams
January 29: McLaren-Honda
January 30: Ferrari
February 1: Mercedes

Pre Season Testing
February 1-4: Jerez, Spain.
February 19-22: Barcelona, Spain.
February 26-March 1: Barcelona, Spain.

Zeknurn

@GregorF1: Why do you always crash? #AskPastor

@Lotus_F1Team: 1/2 Not always :) I want to be fast & to do that, you have to push the limit & sometimes you go over it.
@Lotus_F1Team: 2/2 In a car that's not very stable, it's hard to get it back once it goes off... And it's not just me ;-)

@NickA92: What are your insurance premiums like? #AskPastor

@Lotus_F1Team: Hahaha, I don't have any limit on my insurance ;-)
(I'm joking!)

@GregorF1: Why do you always crash? #AskPastor

@Lotus_F1Team: 1/2 Not always :) I want to be fast & to do that, you have to push the limit & sometimes you go over it.
@Lotus_F1Team: 2/2 In a car that's not very stable, it's hard to get it back once it goes off... And it's not just me ;-)

@NickA92: What are your insurance premiums like? #AskPastor

@Lotus_F1Team: Hahaha, I don't have any limit on my insurance ;-)
(I'm joking!)
He should just be honest and says that he plays too much Burnout 3.

Lucius86

Banned

Announced Car Reveals:

Pre Season Testing

Just popped into this thread to ask when the car releases were.

Thanks.

Nicktendo86

The render actually has a couple of design features that were previously rumoured such as a BGP style nose and (although it is hard to really see) tighter rear end. Wonder if it could indeed be in the right ballpark?

Juicy Bob

I'm extremely fortunate enough to have the opportunity to attend the Jerez test again this year. Looking forward to seeing the new cars and I'll try and take as many shots as I can for you guys.

DBT85

If you were Mercedes for these upcoming tests, sandbag to all hell or just put the hammer down and make people cry?

If you were Mercedes for these upcoming tests, sandbag to all hell or just put the hammer down and make people cry?

I'd certainly sandbag. There's no reason to push the other teams that early, especially during testing. Developing the car during the season should be more difficult.

Ark

I'm extremely fortunate enough to have the opportunity to attend the Jerez test again this year. Looking forward to seeing the new cars and I'll try and take as many shots as I can for you guys.

Awesome! I'm only a little jealous.

I don't see the point in sandbagging at this point. I imagine everyone will be testing the power unit's over the Jerez test, given that there are only four for the year. I don't expect major aero testing until the second test.

In unrelated but really absolutely related to this thread news; Hamilton's hair doesn't look anywhere near as bad as it did last year.

Mastah

New Force India car will be unveiled before second round of testing, at Catalunya, because team wanted to work longer on it in Cologne windtunnel, where apparently they discovered some interesting things about aero problems from last year and new concept for 2015:

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...-nur-force-india-mit-verspaetung-9163698.html

CNN is a new McLaren sponsor with its logos to appear on front wing endplates:

http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/ins...echnology-group-enter-multi-year-partnership/

Ian Parkes ‏@ianparkesf1 2m2 minutes ago

The races in Oz, Mal, Chn, Jpn and Rus will start 1 hour earlier this year. Follows recommendation of FIA Accident Panel after Bianchi crash

Oz now 4pm local (5am GMT); Mal 3pm local (7am GMT); Chn 2pm (6am); Jpn 2pm (5am); Russia 2pm (11am)

3879-animated_gif-chuck_norris-dodgeball-thumbs_up.gif

DBT85

About time they started running the races later for the safety of everyone involved. Too often its been near dark at race end.

Shame it took someone being involved in a huge accident to get them to do what they should have done ages ago.

Aiii

So not worth it
Toro Rosso will launch its 2015 Formula 1 challenger on the eve of the first pre-season test at Jerez.

The STR10 is to be officially presented at the Spanish venue on January 31, before the team begins its testing programme the following day.

Carlos Sainz Jr. will be in action on the first and third days of the test, with team-mate Max Verstappen driving on the second and fourth days.

Mercedes has also confirmed that its new car will be unveiled at Jerez, with a pit lane launch planned on the first morning of the test.

Announced Car Reveals:
January 31: Toro Rosso

Pre Season Testing

RoKKeR

God I hope that McLaren render is real, looks pretty damn sweet.

Also looking forward to see how the new Williams looks.

NHale

No idea how true this is but apparently Minardi has said he has heard there is a lot of excitement at the MTC, the new car will have lots of innovations thanks to the unique power u it and the power unit is currently with the electrical dept as that is where the weakness currently lies.

http://translate.googleusercontent....arach/&usg=ALkJrhi-WWbETWpXKKuOdc174tCjOi9GCg

Alonso has already tweeted 5 samurai quotes in less than 2 weeks. That's a worst ratio than during his worst times at Ferrari. McLaren car must be terrible.

Top Bottom