• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

Nicktendo86

McLaren teasing more on twitter and facebook with Senna and Prost pictures and make history hashtags. I'm so excited I think I'm fit to burst, please don't suck McLaren.

Yes something on the car to help differentiate them would really help (not only us but also the commentators :) )

Look at the cameras on the cars.

That Haas Marussia rumor is starting to make a lot of sense, considering what Haas has already bought and his connections to Ferrari.

Goldrusher

Yes something on the car to help differentiate them would really help (not only us but also the commentators :) )
Like the colored cameras?

3QLEXFy.jpg

But maybe they should color more "parts", like in Le Mans:

8Ss8aD0.jpg

A bit like this:

itbUEqb.jpg

Moozo

I don't mind it too much the more I look at it

10351955_10152597048537060_9035312670775200469_n.png

The livery really doesn't help it. It makes it look like it gets wider at the bottom.

In fact, I think the Martini livery is pretty shitty overall. I mean, it could look so good, but it's, like, nearly all white. The sidepods are really boring.

So this is the Force India car launch and to promote the Mexico GP.

Considering the overalls, the car should look the same, no?

Edit: Not bad.

B74llz0CYAALKup.png:large

DD

Cool, more silver and black! As if there were not already enough of that on the grid.

But it's not ugly at least. It reminds me of Spiker. I love Spiker. ;(

Staab

Also preferred the orange / white / green but eh, not terrible or anything...

Disappointed by those noses though, was expecting them to be completely gone ;(

Ark

I miss Force India were the colourful team on the grid :( Silver isbsk brand and boring. I like the livery though, just wish it wasn't silver.

EDIT: Wow, my phone butchered this post.

Aiii

So not worth it
I miss Force India were the colourful team on the grid :( Silver isbsk brand and boring. I like the livery though, just wish it wasn't silver.

i don't understand why F1 got so bland anyways, we used to get liveries like these...

etc.

Now it's all just a few wavy lines on a even colored car. Only Red Bull, especially their Torro Roso, are stepping up to the plate as far as that goes, that bull is gorgeous.

Do you think Mercedes paid them to make it silver? And that we might see it on the Lotus as well?
Have no reason to believe that, to be honest. All the monies seem to be Mexican.

I'm quite curious as to the direction Lotus is going to take, now that Lopez is little more than a figurehead.

Rumor (and take this one with a lot of salt) is that the Mclaren livery will be similar to the Aguri-Honda a few years back:

B74MoFpIgAAC0uw.jpg

Suprise, suprise:

Adam Cooper ‏@adamcooperF1 1m1 minute ago
Bernie Ecclestone has admitted to Sky that we might not have a German GP at all this year

Scottify

That Force India car is actually not their 2015 model. The new car itself won't be unveiled until the second test in Barcelona. I don't know how different the car will be compared to this one though.

Shaneus

Pretty much. :D
:(

So this is the Force India car launch and to promote the Mexico GP.

Considering the overalls, the car should look the same, no?

Edit: Not bad.

B74llz0CYAALKup.png:large
Ugh, everything's looking the same now. Silver/chrome and black is such an overused combo now. McL's looking over it, other teams should too.

PS. I'm still sore that STR never went the pale blue Diet Red Bull route :/

EDIT: Wow, my phone butchered this post.
Yeah :/

Now it's all just a few wavy lines on a even colored car. Only Red Bull, especially their Torro Roso, are stepping up to the plate as far as that goes, that bull is gorgeous.
Yeah, the STR of a few years ago (when Danny first drove for them?) looked great with the navy/indigo and the gold pinstriping. Haven't seen a better looking livery since.

Maybe he will create another Luxembourg GP :D

Are there any circuits in Luxembourg? ;-)

Seriously though, next year Azerbaijan is in, and with a potential South Africa GP, at least one race has to go.

If Bernie won't make any concessions to get a second race in the largest consumer market, I don't think he will for Germany.

Last hope Mercedes is willing to foot the bill.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Are there any circuits in Luxembourg? ;-).

Well, Nurburgring is close, they did this is 1997 & 1998 :p

In 1997, there were two Grands Prix in Spain and two in Germany. Barcelona hosted the Spanish Grand Prix whilst Jerez hosted the European Grand Prix; in Germany, Hockenheim hosted the German Grand Prix and a second race was planned for the Nürburgring. The FIA decided to name the race the Luxembourg Grand Prix as the circuit was located some fifty miles from the Germany-Luxembourg border, thereby circumventing the ban on two races having the same name

Top Bottom