• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

Jibbed

That was always going to happen. Without a mandated nose shape, the teams will always try to get as much air under as possible to feed through the undertray/diffuser.

Mastah

So a mix of Mercedes nose, which was ok, and Williams nose, which was also acceptable and the result is ugly son of a bitch nose. Yay.

At least this isn't the resurgence of the Prost nose like 2012, but yeah that Williams nose isn't great.
The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Prost Schnoz Racing 2.0
The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Sponsored by Trojan.

RoKKeR

Nose is ugly as sin, actually worse than last year's dick nose. Livery wise though it's still sexy. Wonder how the FW37 will fare this year.

cmr-94

At the end of it all, this era will be known as the era of shit noses

How hard can it fuckin be to create regs that ensure you get aesthetically pleasing noses?

Chris R

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| I'm a grower, I swear

Also, I like the earlier start times, but what I'd really like is a bit more flexibility to start times. Japan should have started hours sooner, and they knew that at least 24 hours out.

Oh Taki!

P7P06ZN.png

Shaneus

So it's basically confirmed we're getting a classic livery on the McLaren, yeah?

Not that this is news to anyone, but I still think it's hilarious that the teams have no right to use any race footage for promotional purposes. It's as goofy as could be.
Is it technically race footage? Because that could just be footage from a track day or something. Didn't someone (Hamilton?) do a lap in one of the classic McLaren-Hondas a few years ago?

PS. Can't believe how many BttF references there are in the ad. I'm guessing that's another obvious hint towards them using the classic livery. The BttF poster, Save the Clock Tower pamphlet, the camcorder, the almanac... I'm sure there were others, too.

So it's basically confirmed we're getting a classic livery on the McLaren, yeah?

Is it technically race footage? Because that could just be footage from a track day or something. Didn't someone (Hamilton?) do a lap in one of the classic McLaren-Hondas a few years ago?
Yes it was for an episode of Top Gear. Their Senna tribute I believe.

PS. Can't believe how many BttF references there are in the ad. I'm guessing that's another obvious hint towards them using the classic livery. The BttF poster, Save the Clock Tower pamphlet, the camcorder, the almanac... I'm sure there were others, too.

They took out a couple of classic McLarens when they first test the Honda engine late last year, so the footage was likely shot then.

No, it's not race footage. It's just somebody puttering around in an MP4/4 with Murray dubbed over. They won all these incredible races, yet they have to resort to reenactments.

Can you imagine that in any other sport? It's crazy.

Shaneus

No, it's not race footage. It's just somebody puttering around in an MP4/4 with Murray dubbed over. They won all these incredible races, yet they have to resort to reenactments.

Can you imagine that in any other sport? It's crazy.
Ohhh... you were getting at that they couldn't use any race footage, not that they did and they'd be in trouble. Never mind me.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
^^
Looks like they just took Mercedes approach with turbine and radiator positioning, probably thinking that will do it.

#justthetip.

That looks pretty good.

AkeNoTB.png

But doesn't really fit with the comment from the Ferrari boss, when he saw the design last year.

"Now, the authoritative daily La Gazzetta dello Sport claims Marchionne, who recently took over from Luca di Montezemolo, reacted with alarm to the first concrete numbers emerging from the 2015 project.

And “Is it this year’s car or next year’s?” he reportedly asked when he was shown sketches."

Of course things could've changed, but I always thought that the aero basics are set in stone early. Not that I know anything about that.

Latest rumor is Gene Haas is the serious investor in talks with Marussia that led to the cancellation of today's auction.

Anthony Hamilton and Bernie working on a South African GP.

Aiii

So not worth it
You know, I am half-and-half watching the FIA compilation for this year while working and seeing Hamilton and Rosberg battle it out it once again strikes me how much better it would be if teams were allowed two different liveries for each of their drivers. It's so hard to figure out which one is which sometimes, esp. since I'm not glued to the screen 100%.

I dunno, just make it happen FIA.

Lach

Yes something on the car to help differentiate them would really help (not only us but also the commentators :) )

[edit] helmets ARE mostly enough but Mercedes is a good case where you need to look twice and differentiate the shades of yellow.

Top Bottom