• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

Shaneus

The superior FI livery

oOA0lkd.jpg
Swap the black for white and they'd be on a winner.

DD

Huh, it seems that Sauber is in really really bad shape. The used all the money they received from the drivers and from FIA to pay their debts. The car development was in halt until recently, and it will be a miracle if they manage to get ready for Jerez. Ferrari is kind of helping them with the engines because they're using Sauber's wind tunnel, but it seems that they need more money, loans and such. It's already being said that if they manage to get ready, they'll have the worst car of the grid anyway.

The situation with Force India and Lotus is ugly too. Lotus might change it's name. FI is late as f*ck too with their car, and in huge debts.

EDIT: 2015 Williams FW37 Concept and Classic Livery

Mastah

"People say F1 is in crisis. Absolute nonsense. We've had a couple of teams in crisis. People come and go – they need to know how much is coming in and how much is going out.”

Bernard Charles Ecclestone, November 8th, 2014

McLaren ‏@McLarenF1 10 minutes ago

10 days until the first test of 2015. @alo_oficial will drive on day 1 & 3, with @JensonButton taking the reins on days 2 & 4. #McLarenHonda

Huh, it seems that Sauber is in really really bad shape. The used all the money they received from the drivers and from FIA to pay their debts. The car development was in halt until recently, and it will be a miracle if they manage to get ready for Jerez. Ferrari is kind of helping them with the engines because they're using Sauber's wind tunnel, but it seems that they need more money, loans and such. It's already being said that if they manage to get ready, they'll have the worst car of the grid anyway.

The situation with Force India and Lotus is ugly too. Lotus might change it's name. FI is late as f*ck too with their car, and in huge debts.

EDIT: 2015 Williams FW37 Concept and Classic Livery

Lotus might change their name because Lopez no longer is in charge.
Sauber with Ferrari's help will make it this season.

But unless something dramatic happens this season, I doubt all 3 teams will make it to 2016.

But unless something dramatic happens this season, I doubt all 3 teams will make it to 2016.

Yeah, it really looks that way.

Honestly, I think now is a good a time as ever for Ferrari to buy out Sauber at set up a legit b-team. Or maybe they're just waiting for them to go properly tits-up so they can scoop them up for less.

yami4ct

Went to the North American International Auto Show in Detroit today and was excited to see Red Bull had one of their cars there. This was my first season watching the sport, so I don't know enough say whether it was the 2014 car, something earlier or some special show car. It did have Ricciardo and Kvyat's names on it, so it was updated that far.

Was super cool to see a F1 car in person. It was much bigger than I expected. You can tell how precisely engineered these things are and just how fragile they seem. Can't imagine driving one of those things at full speed. Really loved seeing one so close up.

One funny thing is was how dead it was around that car. No one paid any attention to it and those looking at it seemed to have little clue what it was. Any of the stock cars at the show got pretty big crowds, but nothing for this.

Went to the North American International Auto Show in Detroit today and was excited to see Red Bull had one of their cars there. This was my first season watching the sport, so I don't know enough say whether it was the 2014 car, something earlier or some special show car. It did have Ricciardo and Kvyat's names on it, so it was updated that far.

Was super cool to see a F1 car in person. It was much bigger than I expected. You can tell how precisely engineered these things are and just how fragile they seem. Can't imagine driving one of those things at full speed. Really loved seeing one so close up.

One funny thing is was how dead it was around that car. No one paid any attention to it and those looking at it seemed to have little clue what it was. Any of the stock cars at the show got pretty big crowds, but nothing for this.
I'm going to say that's the 2011 car, just because it doesn't have the nose styles of the 2012 and 2013 cars. If I'm wrong can someone correct me. I doesn't look like the 2010 or 2009 car and there is a rule saying their "show" car has to be at least 2 years old.

Shaneus

Probably right, I just glanced at the livery and guessed (they started using that colour in 2013).
Yeah, but no penis nose or flat nose, and I'm pretty sure that for all the promo stuff (like when Danny drove it in the outback or something, and when it was driven offroad at Austin) they use a newly-liveried but old-design "promo" car.

Dog pictures with samurai quotes? That doesn't sound so bad.
I have an idea for a Tumblr: Photos of Hamilton's dogs meme-ified with samurai quotes.

Zeknurn

@tgruener: Engine manufacturers have discussed ideas for the new 1000 hp #F1 engine. We got first infos -> AMus (in German): http://t.co/PMmKA8c73m

@tgruener: #F1 Ferrari suggested 2,2l V8 twin turbo, revlimit 17.000/min, no MGU-H, standardised KERS & Turbo for new engine formula. #AMuS

Good luck Ferrari. Going back to V8's when they successfully made the change to V6 would be foolish.

More:

@tgruener: #F1 Honda open for new engine development. During the discussion, Honda mentioned idea of 4 electrical in-hub motors.
@tgruener: #F1 Mercedes wants to change as little as possible. Especially no standard turbo. Agreed increase of fuel & fuel flow limits for more power.

Ark

A new engine formula this soon after the financial chaos caused by the V6's would be catastrophically bad unless Bernie & CVC have changed their mind about parting with a few millions.

DBT85

They should at least look at the option for boosting the fuel flow limit and race limit to run these existing engines at full tilt rather than 12500-13000 RPM. That's got to be cheaper than starting this whole thing again and costing more money.

Racing was fun this year. If Renault and Ferrari manage to actually produce an engine worthy of the name is could be better this year.

Aiii

So not worth it
A new engine formula this soon after the financial chaos caused by the V6's would be catastrophically bad unless Bernie & CVC have changed their mind about parting with a few millions.

Mweh, it wouldn't be that bad if they simplify the engine so it's cheaper to produce and as such cheaper for customer teams to obtain.

Mercedes, Honda, Ferrari and Renault will be fine, they build engines for a living, they can spare a few millions. F1 is PR for them.

Jibbed

The 2015 Formula 1 cars could start the season up to three seconds per lap quicker than last year's pace, reckons Pirelli motorsport director Paul Hembery.

Autosport said:
"Our initial data is suggesting there are going to be some big jumps," Hembery told AUTOSPORT.

"The teams have had the ability to change things over the winter, particularly on the powertrain front, and we anticipate by the time we are in Melbourne, or at the latest China, we will see some pretty significant jumps compared to last season.

"We know we are always chasing a moving target - and I think we are talking about maybe being two to three seconds per lap quicker than last season. That is a massive difference.

"It means for our tyres that what was last year a conservative choice might actually be quite aggressive this season."

Sebastian Vettel will reportedly have the honour of putting the first laps on the new Ferrari as he's expected to run on the opening two days at Jerez.

The team is probably shitting their pants.

Risgroo

Sebastian Vettel will reportedly have the honour of putting the first laps on the new Ferrari as he's expected to run on the opening two days at Jerez.

The team is probably shitting their pants.

Someone has to get a shot of Vettel's face the first time he gets out of the car.

FuturusX

Someone has to get a shot of Vettel's face the first time he gets out of the car.

He'll be all smiles and nervous energy until he's consistently getting his arse kicked...then it'll be confusion and soul searching before finally resting on frustration and anger.

WTF

Lewis Hamilton takes a step closer to becoming a pop star like girlfriend Nicole Scherzinger
The Reigning Formula One world champion and aspiring R&B singer signs up with one of the music industry’s biggest public relations firms

Lewis Hamilton has taken a step further in preparing for a career in music after Formula One by signing up with one of the industry’s biggest public relations firms.
Reigning world champion Hamilton, who still remains without a manager for his affairs in the sport after ending his association with Simon Fuller’s XIX Entertainment, has joined the books of Mayfair-based Purple PR.
Purple boast stars including Adele, Beyonce, Calvin Harris, Dizzee Rascal and Ice Cube, a particular favourite of Hamilton. In the past he has taken rappers and musicians to races and often posts pictures with artists on social media. His long-time girlfriend Nicole Scherzinger is not in Purple’s stable.
In a series of interviews after winning his second world championship in November, the would-be R&B singer revealed that he is “always” in the recording studio preparing his first album. “I have been writing a lot, even on race weeks,” he said.

More at the link

Top Bottom