• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

Has been the case for years. I think it's fairly ridiculous, but I'm not allowed to talk about it because certain posters get their noses out of joint about it. :)

Was super cool to see a F1 car in person. It was much bigger than I expected.

I had the exact opposite reaction seeing the RB9-10 and Toyota TS030 LMP1 at the LA Auto Show the past two years.

Their appearance looks larger watching on TV, but theyre very tiny (and very low) in person.

If modern F1 cars are larger than their counterparts from the 90's-00's then gatdamn those car's must've been something else in person.

At the end of the first corner :D
Ive-made-a-huge-mistake-GIF-GOB-Arrested-Development.gif

Jibbed

I had the exact opposite reaction seeing the RB9-10 and Toyota TS030 LMP1 at the LA Auto Show the past two years.

Their appearance looks larger watching on TV, but theyre very tiny (and very low) in person.

If modern F1 cars are larger than their counterparts from the 90's-00's then gatdamn those car's must've been something else in person.

Same, went to Goodwood in 2012 and everything was tiny.

LMP1 cars are weird.

Zeknurn

When I went to the Porsche museum last year in Stuttgart the new Porsche 919 hybrid was standing there and it blew my mind how small it was. I always thought they were the size of normal super cars but this thing was no bigger than a modern F1 car.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
One week until testing commence.

Some people say that Mercedes did a quiet shakedown of their car in Silverstone

Ark

I haven't seen Juicy Bob post anything and he hasn't replied to my PM yet. If nothing comes up, I guess I'll work something up during the week and post it before Feb 1st.

Why is it ridiculous? Perhaps, just perhaps he has other talents that he seeks to explore.

:p

It's only ridiculous compared to other drivers, who are usually much more reserved when it comes to their private life. Like I said, as long as his career doesn't suffer, there's no need for him to stop what he's doing outside the track.

FuturusX

It's only ridiculous compared to other drivers, who are usually much more reserved when it comes to their private life. Like I said, as long as his career doesn't suffer, there's no need for him to stop what he's doing outside the track.

Having my recording career restricted to the confines of my bathroom, I can fully support and appreciate his journey...he's doing it for all of us. But seriously, I agree he should pursue whatever he wants outside of F1. More KERS to him. I mean power.

itsgreen

Having my recording career restricted to the confines of my bathroom, I can fully support and appreciate his journey...he's doing it for all of us. But seriously, I agree he should pursue whatever he wants outside of F1. More KERS to him. I mean power.

Absolutely. But I reserve the right to mock him and his music if I think it's crappy :)

Zeknurn

@SomersF1: It appears that @SauberF1Team will feature a yellow and blue livery this year, good news as it'll mean some colour on the grid

Also, Red Bull, Sauber and Lotus all have yet to announce a car launch date.

One week to testing so lets start making some observations for 2015.
Got my tickets for Melbourne and Malaysia, and Im going to buy tickets to Singapore and Suzuka when they are on sale.

Mercedes:
Very likely to be very dominant again this year. The reality is that Rosberg needs to up his game to Hamilton this year. He has the speed but not the race consistency.
Although he did have the decency to finish 2nd in the WDC in the most dominant car, a feat not so easy compared to defacto number 2's over the last few years: Webber, 'Rubens' in 2 teams!
He will come out fighting and should provide us the main dramas and competition for this year.

Mclaren Honda
Surely the dark horse for the year. No indication on Power unit, so we dont know where they will be placed for the first few races, a bit less than Merc PU would be fantastic.
Likely to be RBR inspired aero package, so hopefully the chasis wont be the dog it has been for the last 2 years.
We will also have a charged up Alonso, who is likely to provide us with the usual displays of taking marginally competitive vehicles into competitive positions.
It will be interesting to see how Button compares to him, surely better than Raik but unlikely to be matching him.

Williams
They even admit it may be difficult to do a 2014 in 2015. Who knows, maybe they may be lucky with their chasis again this year.
Bottas and Massa were solid but not spectacular last year, lots of points thrown away through errors.

RBR
Hopefully their PU has a few more horses in it this year, they need to be touching the Mercedes drivers, not picking up their scraps. Danny Ric has shown he is the real deal, Kyvat is looking like the new Danny Ric.
With another strong aero package and a hopefully improved PU, it would be great to see Danny Ric racing Hamilton on equality. That would be a fight worth seeing.

Ferrari
hmmmmm, even Ferrari are saying that this is a growth year, so expectations are low, seeing how the new team structure and technical developments will turn out.
So another 2014 in 2015 perhaps.
All I can say about the drivers is that Vettel BETTER wipe the floor with Raik or else there are going to be lots and lots of questions.

STR
Im very interested in this one, not for the chasis but for the drivers. Verstap is likely to be lighting up the midfield based on the hype and Sainz is no slouch either. It will be fun to see them and Force India fighting.

bdrob

Has anyone got suggestions for what tickets would be good value and / or good viewing in Melbourne? I kind of figure either turn 5 (though I don't see any seating, GA?) or the last two turns in Schmacher stands.

I'm travelling round Oz at the moment and will be in Melbourne come March. I've never seen a race live before and I've always wanted to attend Melbourne, so seems like a perfect opportunity - just want to make sure I get the right tickets!

Moozo

Has anyone got suggestions for what tickets would be good value and / or good viewing in Melbourne? I kind of figure either turn 5 (though I don't see any seating, GA?) or the last two turns in Schmacher stands.

I'm travelling round Oz at the moment and will be in Melbourne come March. I've never seen a race live before and I've always wanted to attend Melbourne, so seems like a perfect opportunity - just want to make sure I get the right tickets!

I'd try and get near turn 11-12 if you've never seen the massive change of direction in person before

Nicktendo86

Got my tickets for Melbourne and Malaysia, and Im going to buy tickets to Singapore and Suzuka when they are on sale.

Mercedes:
Very likely to be very dominant again this year. The reality is that Rosberg needs to up his game to Hamilton this year. He has the speed but not the race consistency.
Although he did have the decency to finish 2nd in the WDC in the most dominant car, a feat not so easy compared to defacto number 2's over the last few years: Webber, 'Rubens' in 2 teams!
He will come out fighting and should provide us the main dramas and competition for this year.

Mclaren Honda
Surely the dark horse for the year. No indication on Power unit, so we dont know where they will be placed for the first few races, a bit less than Merc PU would be fantastic.
Likely to be RBR inspired aero package, so hopefully the chasis wont be the dog it has been for the last 2 years.
We will also have a charged up Alonso, who is likely to provide us with the usual displays of taking marginally competitive vehicles into competitive positions.
It will be interesting to see how Button compares to him, surely better than Raik but unlikely to be matching him.

Williams
They even admit it may be difficult to do a 2014 in 2015. Who knows, maybe they may be lucky with their chasis again this year.
Bottas and Massa were solid but not spectacular last year, lots of points thrown away through errors.

RBR
Hopefully their PU has a few more horses in it this year, they need to be touching the Mercedes drivers, not picking up their scraps. Danny Ric has shown he is the real deal, Kyvat is looking like the new Danny Ric.
With another strong aero package and a hopefully improved PU, it would be great to see Danny Ric racing Hamilton on equality. That would be a fight worth seeing.

Ferrari
hmmmmm, even Ferrari are saying that this is a growth year, so expectations are low, seeing how the new team structure and technical developments will turn out.
All I can say about the drivers is that Vettel BETTER wipe the floor with Raik or else there are going to be lots and lots of questions.

STR
Im very interested in this one, not for the chasis but for the drivers. Verstap is likely to be lighting up the midfield based on the hype and Sainz is no slouch either. It will be fun to see them and Force India fighting.

Pretty good analysis, agree with that 100%.

God I can't wait for testing.

Mercedes:

Mclaren Honda

Williams

RBR

Ferrari

STR

Different year, different car. I really don't know why it would raise questions if Kimi fares better this year. He is not as bad driver as the results last year showed. The car just didn't suit him at all. Not to mention Vettel had some similar problems as Kimi last year.

Top Bottom