• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

Pimpwerx

New 'Rari loss like the old one with a nose job. Any doubt it's not a dog?

Anyone know if Hockenheim had attendance issues back when it was still a run through the trees? I can't be the only one who feels that track lost its soul and cache when they abbreviated it. PEACE.

Jibbed

Are there no comparison pics between last year's F14T and the SF15T?

Doesn't Fiat want to spin off Ferrari this year?

10387619_762703133822651_6511634630754287784_n.jpg

Minor changes, but the packaging is still terrible.

Also, whoever was saying they have less sponsors was talking out of their ass. Can't be bothered finding to quote.

Thank you.

Well, at least they fixed the nose. And once they get the wind tunnel working, they're quickly going to catch up to Mercedes. You'll see!

Also, being paid to design Ferrari's livery must be the best job ever.

That´d be hilarious on so many levels. If that came to pass (which I still highly doubt), Merc would treat Spielberg as their home race - just to spite RBR...

Both Nurburgring and Hockenheim can only afford a GP every two years.

Ticket sales don't cover the costs and neither venue wants to lose millions of euros on one event (fortunately for them, they have other series).

Bernie won't make concessions on race fee to get another GP in the largest consumer market in the world. Why would he concede with Germany?

Bernie needs to drop GPs and he has the perfect opportunity to do so now.

Either there is a huge political pressure for the GP or Mercedes at board level decide to foot the bill.

RoKKeR

First thought upon seeing the Ferrari...

Here's a nice writeup from Will Buxton on how truly boring the current liveries are, and what a fail the McLaren Honda livery reveal was. https://willthef1journo.wordpress.com/2015/01/30/the-art-of-being-boring/

Although their livery is a bit uninspired, Williams did a great job of rebranding themselves last year with the Martini sponsorship. Instantly recognizable, unique look, strong brand association, hell I bought a Bottas hat last year.

dubc35

First thought upon seeing the Ferrari...

Here's a nice writeup from Will Buxton on how truly boring the current liveries are, and what a fail the McLaren Honda livery reveal was. https://willthef1journo.wordpress.com/2015/01/30/the-art-of-being-boring/

Although their livery is a bit uninspired, Williams did a great job of rebranding themselves last year with the Martini sponsorship. Instantly recognizable, unique look, strong brand association, hell I bought a Bottas hat last year.

After the step noses of a couple years ago I can't see platypus noses on any of them this year (so far).

Nice article by Buxton, like the reddit user made liveries too. I like the Sauber in that it is different. I think if Macca went a different route there would not be as much complaining. Who knows though, they could change it before Melbourne.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Ferrari is expecting 70-80 bhp more from the new engine, but it will require more cooling. I wonder if they solved MGU-H 'cooking' (read: engine shutdown at 300 km/h) problem :D

Also
Lewis Hamilton said:
"Unfortunately for those guys, it's going to be hard to match what we have. There are so many areas we can improve and be even better from last season, which is hard to believe after such a dominant year. But I know this team. I know how amazing we can be."

More on official F1 site

Nicktendo86

Mercedes getting arrogant.

This WILL bite me in the arse but am getting 2013 McLaren vibes from Merc. Paddy Lowe influence, comments like evolution on the outside but completely new on the inside. I'm clutching at straws here but who knows maybe they will fuck up.

Ark

Mercedes getting arrogant.

This WILL bite me in the arse but am getting 2013 McLaren vibes from Merc. Paddy Lowe influence, comments like evolution on the outside but completely new on the inside. I'm clutching at straws here but who knows maybe they will fuck up.

I actually prefer this new-found arrogance over Red Bull's continuous "oh no we think everyone is going to catch up to us this year, we won't be so quick" remarks every pre-season before 2014 :p

This is waiting.

At least he's not blind to how much work really needs to be done at Ferrari.

Zeknurn

NSFW

@adamcooperF1: Toro Rosso has announced a sponsorship deal with brewery Estrella Galicia. Funny, just saw a sticker on a truck and thought it was new
@tgruener: Ecclestone: "New F1 engines not before 2017. Customers should not pay more than 5 mio Euro." AMuS exclusive (German): http://t.co/RE2VP0K6yG

Goldrusher

Black rims for Red Bull this year?
Or only at this test? There's a rumor they will be using a camo-livery in Jerez.

B8r4hZVCYAA75MY.jpg:large

Also, 20 mins until the Toro Rosso unveiling...

B8r8vT3CUAI77sQ.jpg:orig

Ryne

Not fond of any of the liveries so far, they are all kinda bland. Guess the Ferrari is the best of the bunch, and I feel that McLaren missed an opportunity with theirs.

DD

Apart from the Mercedes, these new regs are producing uglier cars than the ones they were designed to fix

My CFD eyes says that if making the air flow under the car is important, Williams seems to have made it better than everyone else.

apart from the fact that they thought it was a better solution?
I'm not doubting that. It's just that they didn't exactly start last season with the best down force level. Their performance in wet qualifying in the early races proved that. I hope it works for them though.

Moozo

I suspect we'll see a few of these long noses going missing in collisions if they're as flimsy as some of last year's. Maybe they'll turn out to be good front wing protection devices

Ferrari is expecting 70-80 bhp more from the new engine, but it will require more cooling. I wonder if they solved MGU-H 'cooking' (read: engine shutdown at 300 km/h) problem :D

Also

More on official F1 site

Most importantly, though, it is rumoured that they have used the "lion's share" of their tokens (more than Renault or Mercedes), which means very little development during the season.

James key says the car is an interim car. It is due to change before the start of the seaosn

Same for pretty much everyone. Expect front wings and rear wings to change. Potentially stuff like diffusers, barge boards too.

cmr-94

Same for pretty much everyone. Expect front wings and rear wings to change. Potentially stuff like diffusers, barge boards too.

True of course. I think perhaps Torro Rosso more than others given his talk but we'll see. Surprised Tost said it was an ugly nose, i quite like it. High expectations for the newer one then

James Key: "We'll turn up to Race 1 with a fundamentally different car."

Ark

As always, the Torro Rosso livery is fantastic. The livery doesn't do the nose any good from a side angle though.

Pimpwerx

That gold band on the nose probably makes it look shorter, but makes the car look ugly from the front. All that matters is that it's fast though. PEACE.

Razgreez

Hope racecar-engineering.com can get as many spy pics of the cars as they did last year. Yes the 2014 mercedes was sexy from the outside but it was even more compact and attractive underneath. Need them to do the same as the year progresses for an even better comparison

Top Bottom