• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

Mush

The one thing that bums me out the most about the McLaren reveal is that they still haven't been able to find a title sponsor. :(

jey_16

Banned
Well maybe if Ron lowered his asking price it would've happened already. They finished fifth 2 years in a row.

Ron thinks McLaren is like Ferrari but the poor performances have driven sponsors away, Ferrari still has their brand name to attract the cash despite how poor the car has been

Ron thinks McLaren is like Ferrari but the poor performances have driven sponsors away, Ferrari still has their brand name to attract the cash despite how poor the car has been
Even Hugo Boss bailed on them and went to Mercedes. I'm surprised Johnny Walker hasn't left yet...or did they?

Pimpwerx

Will there be a website with live timing from testing, or is it all Autosport this year again?

The Merc looks like last year's car, so its beautiful. The Mac livery isn't flattering in pics. Maybe it'll look nicer in motion. The lack of title sponsor is hilarious. I can't wait to see how the Honda engine shakes out against the other engines in testing. I like the look of the Williams, but I also pike their minimalist livery.

I hope this season Lewis can dominate qualifying. If the car is the class of the field again, he's going to want the comfort of starting ahead of Nico. PEACE.

dubc35

Will there be a website with live timing from testing, or is it all Autosport this year again?

Autosport and twitter will probably be the best real time information. Based on the last couple years Sky may have the 15 min daily update along with the late night Ted's Notebook for review/recap info.

Shaneus

Thanks for the clarification. Can't say it was a dumb decision. He's been with that team since it was Jaguar, it was his home. Either way he would've been somebodies number 2.
Not quite, he was at Williams with both Britney and Rubens before he was at RBR. Initial RBR drivers were Coulthard and... some really, really tall guy whose name escapes me. But not Webber.

Not quite, he was at Williams with both Britney and Rubens before he was at RBR. Initial RBR drivers were Coulthard and... some really, really tall guy whose name escapes me. But not Webber.
I know about his Williams stint. Redbull is just the team he's been with for the longest. I believe he got his start at Minardi like Alonso if I'm not mistaken...which is where he got his highest finishing position at his home race I believe.

Risgroo

He was at Williams with Heidfeld, not Barrichello. I think the other Red Bull guy was Klien.
Why do I know this shit

Jezbollah

It finally came to me what that front shot of the new Merc reminds me of: the 1998 McLaren. That conventional flat, swept down nose and the livery especially.

Feels like they might turn up to Albert Park and ROFLStomp everyone just like Mika and DC did back then.

Juicy Bob

It finally came to me what that front shot of the new Merc reminds me of: the 1998 McLaren. That conventional flat, swept down nose and the livery especially.

Feels like they might turn up to Albert Park and ROFLStomp everyone just like Mika and DC did back then.
Nah, this isn't a Newey car...

Mastah

As speculated, blue and yellow colors of Banco de Brasil:

Sauber_C34_Ferrari_Side.jpg

Sauber_C34_Ferrari_Front.jpg

So bare though, F1 is not in crisis, yeah :(

Mastah

Craig Scarborough ‏@ScarbsF1 19m19 minutes ago

Sauber C34, The long nose is easier to pass the crash test, one of the compromises of their restricted resources

Adam Cooper ‏@adamcooperF1 13m13 minutes ago

Sauber: "Some components are still from the Sauber C33 and will be successively replaced by new parts."

Ark

Its definitely nowhere near as hideous as last year's nose, that's for sure :p I think I like it, though Mercedes is still the best looking 2015 challenger for me. It all hinges on how the Red Bull looks.

Top Bottom