• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

DBT85

I assume you mean the tyre was 1.9s slower, and not Lewis?

Well, he was half a second down on Rosberg on the same tyre. So he was slower than expected but of course, the tyre was slower.

Looking at the track, there are barely any grandstands.

1:38.7 on Lewis 3rd or 4th lap I think. Pole in the 1:37s anyone?

Zeknurn

Massa's engine giving up. Shame.

Edit: Fuel pressure problem.

Edit2: Oh shit, Ericsson almost made it into Q2. Caterham is on the up.

Oh god, Rosberg has advertising on the inside of the helmet as well?

auMDxQI.png

It's a bit crazy to think that a broken Williams is still faster than a working Lotus, Caterham or Marussia.

It's a Schuberth helmet.

You think?

But seriously, I guess I just never noticed or cared about the stickers inside. It just seemed a bit weird to me. Just like the watch on the gloves.

Dilly

Banned
It's a bit crazy to think that a broken Williams is still faster than a working Lotus, Caterham or Marussia.

You think?

But seriously, I guess I just never noticed or cared about the stickers inside. It just seemed a bit weird to me. Just like the watch on the gloves.

Why is it weird to have the brand advertising on a product of said brand? It's always been like that on Schuberth helmets as far as I know.

Mohonky

Rumour they mentioned at the start was Vettel apparently signed for something like 90 million at Ferrari. Seriously?

Why the fuck would they be paying that much for him?

malyce

McLaren's pace coupled with the unfreezing of the engine regs next year should make it easier Alonso for Alonso to ink that deal no?

I kept telling y'all Vettel was all car.

olore

Sauber beating Vettel.

Yes. The finish line is the chequered bit, the start line is further up the grid.

Tell me how this works. Always thought that the start line do double duty as the finish line too for some reason... Crazy thought I know.

Schuberth have always had it`s logo placed there since the Schumacher days I believe. As per the pics above.

Not sure if it`s cool or sad that Kvyat beats our quadruple world champion. Well, he has plenty of time to hang his balls in the pool now...

DBT85

Tell me how this works. Always thought that the start line do double duty as the finish line too for some reason... Crazy thought I know.

Schuberth have always had it`s logo placed there since the Schumacher days I believe. As per the pics above.

Not sure if it`s cool or sad that Kvyat beats our quadruple world champion. Well, he has plenty of time to hang his balls in the pool now...

One explanation for you :)

http://atlasf1.autosport.com/99/bel/preview/faq.html

The most common reason is practicality. There quite often is only a limited space on pit straight between corners. It is necessary, for example, that the finish will be by the tower where the start/finish flag marshal will await with the chequered flag, but also other such flags - like the black flag, the black/white 'bad sportsmanship' flag, and 'the meatball' - black with orange circle - flags which can only be shown at the start finish line.

A full grid of double-spaced Grand Prix cars can take up quite a bit of room - and at most Grand Prix circuits the various support categories have larger grids. To fit all the cars onto the grid it is sometimes necessary to move the start line forward of the finish line. Silverstone is a double exception in that the start line is behind the finish line. A reason for this is in the hope that the field will be slightly more spread out when the field arrived at Copse corner the first time, which is sharper now on entry than it used to be.

Top Bottom