• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

John_B

Did Mercedes issue a statement regarding Lewis spin in FP3? Or was it just down to driver error?
He had a similar spin in Austria, and back then Mercedes said it was not an issue with the car. Hamilton said he was taking the car to unknown territory or something similar.

Not sure what causes it, but it's likely that Hamilton was trying to find/push some limit of the car.

Megasoum

Banned
The "Expert Commentary" dude on French Canadian TV (Christian Tortora on RDS) is so fucking terrible....

Very first comment of the show this morning "Welcome to the USSR GP... Oh sorry, old habits die hard".

Stupid old fuck.

Ark

Jolyon Palmer is now the 2014 GP2 Champion!

Hopefully he makes it into F1 with a decent team. Vandoorne was tearing it up though.

olore

Not sure what causes it, but it's likely that Hamilton was trying to find/push some limit of the car.

Lewis accepted blame for this

"Much like he did in FP3 in Suzuka, Hamilton ended the morning practice session with an off-track excursion, a spin at the penultimate corner, and he admits he was relieved it did not compromise qualifying.

"I just basically made a mistake; I had the brake bias set the wrong way. I forgot to reset it and as soon as I touched the brakes I locked the rears and luckily I got away with it without any damage."

http://en.espnf1.com/russia/motorsport/story/179335.html

what was up with the button interview? no point in getting excited about achieving his second best qualifying position of the season is there? and he lost his seat several races back anyway when mclaren gave magnussen all the new parts first. dumb shits.

but it's looking good for a podium finish for the jense tomorrow, a one stop race with plenty of time running on the harder tyre?

Mohonky

Can we call Kimi "The Struggling Finn" from now on?

I think at most its more like 'The Uninterested Finn.'

Dude just seems like he is there to make bank. I dont think he is really 100% in it. He is driving a dog of a car, in a team that was always going to be built around Alonso (and next year Seb). Pretty sure he's just making bank, travelling the world and getting his speed fix on the weekend. I honestly doubt his commitment at this point in time.

Krilekk

Banned
I think at most its more like 'The Uninterested Finn.'

Dude just seems like he is there to make bank. I dont think he is really 100% in it. He is driving a dog of a car, in a team that was always going to be built around Alonso (and next year Seb). Pretty sure he's just making bank, travelling the world and getting his speed fix on the weekend. I honestly doubt his commitment at this point in time.

I don't see him at Ferrari next year. If they want to get better they have to change more than one driver. Get Vettel and Hulk.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Looks like the admin of the F1 twitter account is fond of assholes!
BzrVSMdCYAAN8UF.jpg:large

McLaren broke the on-track CGI overlay:
BzrTM0DCUAEcC5x.png

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Engine unfreeze mid-season isn't going to happen.

Toto Wolff has made it clear that Mercedes will not vote in favour of a 2015 engine unfreeze at the F1 Commission, thus it won't happen

qualifying average between team mates after sochi (autosport)

01. Kobayashi 0.65s

02. Bianci 0.44s

03. Alonso 0.32s

04. Grosjean 0.28s

05. Bottas 0.18s

06. Ricciardo 0.16s

07. Kvyat 0.1s

08. Magnussen 0.079s

09. Gutierrez 0.076s

10. Hulkenberg 0.05s

11. Hamilton 0s

DBT85

That's the Ferrari way that's for sure.

Any team that has an advantage wants to keep it, hardly a Ferrari only way.

Less competition again. Fantastic.

No basis for this. Less competition for this season which was never going to change. For next season they can change 92% of the PU from this year by weight!

The potential loser here is Honda who won't have had a full seasons worth of data. Ferrari and Renault have had more than enough time to work out the kinks for next year.

Lest we forget they all agreed to the rules in the first place and only want it changed because they are losing. Sounds more like Ferrari to me ;)

Addnan

Now I am confused what I replied to. I thought I replied to the guy saying he wants Kimi out because with him in Ferrari are going to be bad.

RoKKeR

Damn, bummer to see Bottas almost grab his first pole lap. Seems like he has fantastic pace, wouldn't be surprised to see him jump past Rosberg in the first straight.

I'm sure their race strategy will screw him over somehow.

Chris R

Marshals are going to be VERY busy tomorrow. I expect non-stop bitching over team radio about track limits being exceeded. T2 needs something to punish people going off, as well as T4.

And I think we will get at least one SC period with the emphasis on safety since Japan and the lack of exit points for broken cars.

Zeknurn

@pitlanetalk: Our sources say Ferrari again have a new offer for Adrian Newey after securing Sebastian Vettel. Third time's the charm? #F1 #Formula1
@pitlanetalk: Marco Mattiacci desperately wants to secure Adrian Newey after being refused by Ross Brawn due to his health problems. #F1 #Formula1

Newey can only do something, if he gets to do whatever he wants. If Ferrari doesn't give him that freedom, they might as well save the money.

Just to be clear.

The ONLY official statement we have now is that of Vettel departing from Redbull

Alonso's departure hasn't been officially announced right?

Newey can only do something, if he gets to do whatever he wants. If Ferrari doesn't give him that freedom, they might as well save the money.

LdM out. New era is in <3 .. It's a bit too late for my Kimi :(

lol at Rosberg standing in front of Lewis then Lewis moving in front.

Am I reading too much into it? :)

ham-ros1bduwu.gif

Not really. Have you noticed Rosbers lowering Merc staff on the podium of Suzuka? He's really an asshole and wants to always be in the picture..

lol.. And Alonso buying 25% of McLaren? lol .. How much money do people think he has???

Top Bottom