• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Bernie has written to all teams demanding total silence during Russian national anthem and when Putin makes his appearance.

Alebelly

My Gridbid picks through qualifying are a 100% correct, for this reason alone I believe Alonso's prediction of a procession race should be followed; it's not like Jenson has ever predicted anything accurately (except this time he did, for once, and I picked him)

Bernie has written to all teams demanding total silence during Russian national anthem and when Putin makes his appearance.
Fun. Maybe there's a twist where Bernie has a secret extra car sitting in the paddock for Putin to jump into on the grid. I would legitimately not put it past him. That or find a way to get everyone DQ'd so Kvyat gets the win. "All Mercedes engines are excluded because reasons!"

"In Soviet Russia, Grand Prix drives you!" ... Okay, not good, but a start!

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Going to be drama at Turn 2 later today on lap 1.
In all the support races the cars have locked up or run very wide.
Its a very long run down to the corner on cold tyres and brakes.

Bzu-G-jCYAIQGeP.png

DBT85

Going to be drama at Turn 2 later today on lap 1.
In all the support races the cars have locked up or run very wide.
Its a very long run down to the corner on cold tyres and brakes.

Bzu-G-jCYAIQGeP.png

Hope Lewis can beast mode down there and make a smooth exit before the carnage.

While I'd like to see Nico get through too so we can have a race, I wouldn't be overly upset if he got a puncture, or if he borked the start and Bottas and say, Kvyat got past!

Ark

I'm assuming that's based on the book value of the company. So I would say 25% would be around 4 or 5 times of that amount.

I doubt it'd be quite that much, but you're also underestimating how much money Alonso has.

Maybe he's pulling a coup with Honda :lol

I hate to say it, but aside from the start I'm really not looking forward to this race.

I'm going in expecting it to be Valencia V2. I actually liked Valencia, yeah it was boring as all sin but it was so much fun to drive in the games ;_;

I doubt it'd be quite that much, but you're also underestimating how much money Alonso has.

Maybe he's pulling a coup with Honda :lol

You know McLaren is not a publicly held company so even if he has all the money in the world he can't just go and buy it.

Even if it was up for sale I don't think he can really afford to buy 25% .. I'll try to dig for some numbers.

Ark

You know McLaren is not a publicly held company so even if he has all the money in the world he can't just go and buy it.

Even if it was up for sale I don't think he can really afford to buy 25% .. I'll try to dig for some numbers.

I am aware, yes. I'm not sure the King of Bahrain is too happy with their performance over the past two seasons ;)

I'm not actually being serious, btw.

Makes it harder, but all he has to do is persuade existing shareholders to sell their stake to him. Wouldn't be the first time that sort of thing has happened.

I have a one third share of a private company and I would probably sell that share if I someone came and offered me a few million quid for my troubles.

olore

Wasn`t Mansour Ojjeh (TAG) looking to sell his share in McLaren? It could be 25% too if I remember correctly. The shares would have to be offered to the other shareholders first. Can`t remember where I read that, just a couple of days ago

leadbelly

Banned
Mclaren is more than just an F1 company. I think it is progressing quite rapidly as a car manufacturer. I imagine they have high ambitions for that part of the business.

I'm going in expecting it to be Valencia V2. I actually liked Valencia, yeah it was boring as all sin but it was so much fun to drive in the games ;_;
Ha! I thought I was the only one! It was really best in qualy when you could open the DRS anywhere. Couldn't stand sector 1 but the 4 long full throttle-but-not-at-all-straights were a hoot. I remember the US commentators called that wobbly sector 3 line with the blind braking point and turn-in the "death star run". I'm shocked there was never a major incident in that stretch. It would have been pinball.

I get the same vibe from this track as well. White walls, drivers say it's way better in person than in simulators, minimal room for error except for a few runoff areas for braking, maybe some overtaking but qualifying already sorted the cars out in a fairly natural order so expect a DRS train, probably a safety car in the first ~5 laps, horribly inconvenient recovery access, low tyre wear and everyone one-stopping.

Makes it harder, but all he has to do is persuade existing shareholders to sell their stake to him. Wouldn't be the first time that sort of thing has happened.

I have a one third share of a private company and I would probably sell that share if I someone came and offered me a few million quid for my troubles.

there are not a lot of them. Kingdom of Bahrain owns the majority IIRC then Mansour Ojjeh and Ron. So, very hard to get 25%

Ran a valuation based on their 2013 profit

ioKnkJ4vp8yZ4.PNG

DrM

Redmond's Baby
wtf

putin making everyone line up and listen to the russian anthem.

Vlad isn't there, he is busy somewhere else in his Empire. Probably praying for coldest winter in EU :D

This will be new practice on every new race, if i understood commentator on ORF right.

Top Bottom