• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

Shaneus

So far the only interesting thing is Danny vs. Alonso :/

Edit: Must say, Danny doing a stellar job getting some life out of those tyres. Very surprising.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Had Nico not screwed up the first turn, the result would probably have been the same.

Ark

Another thing: I fully expect Mercedes to carry their dominant form well into first half of 2015 season. That car is just perfect blend of all things combined.

Depends how much potential they have left in that car, but I definitely agree.

Nah, most of the season were boring. Mercedes can just fuck up at the start and still do a 1-2.

The Championship has been a two-horse race, but the racing was great. Can't agree with you there.

hamchan

Just imagine if Rosberg was a better racer, the 1 and 2 battle could be more exciting. He made a good recovery but man, that lock up at the start :-/

DBT85

Lets consider for a second that Hamilton has only got a 18 second lead despite Nico having to nurse his tyres and fight all the way through the pack with no safety car to help him.

Lewis has been asleep.

I'm half expecting him to get out and be wearing a tux.

Shaneus

Not really. Could go on all night on tyres on this track.
Now you mention it... you're probably right :/ How much they managed to get out of the softs says far too much.

Like someone said earlier, the conservative tyre choice was a big mistake. What harm would there have been if they chewed through tyres quicker than expected than what we have now?

DBT85

lol, not full beans, coasting well before the braking zone.

Congratulations Mercedes on the WCC

Bottas got fastest lap ;)

Igo

Shame Lewis didn't go for the fastest lap. Could have recorded his second Grand Chelem, I think. He did lead the first lap after Rosberg pitted, right?

markao

Grats Mercedes with the title, best car by a country mile.

Lucky for Nico he did his error (special seeing Lewis was giving him the corner) on a track were the tires last so long, but good for the drivers championship.

Shaneus

Still don't know how they're praising Nico's run when Danny's was not that much better.

Have to wonder if Danny could get ahead of Vettel earlier if he would've finished ahead of Alonso.

olore

Lets consider for a second that Hamilton has only got a 18 second lead despite Nico having to nurse his tyres and fight all the way through the pack with no safety car to help him.

Lewis has been asleep.

I'm half expecting him to get out and be wearing a tux.

I was thinking something similar, Rosberg must have stressed his machinery more coming up through the field. Forced PU change in next race? 5-place penalty? Just thinking aloud...

Lewis sounded like he just went for a stroll with his dog in the park

Dead Man

Well that was a fucking snooze, thanks for that, Bernie. Stupid fucking place for a race.

Now you mention it... you're probably right :/ How much they managed to get out of the softs says far too much.

Like someone said earlier, the conservative tyre choice was a big mistake. What harm would there have been if they chewed through tyres quicker than expected than what we have now?

Nothing, other than howls of complaint from the other half of the fanbase that have been complaining since Pirelli started as sole supplier that they fall off too quick. Can't please everyone. I'm quite happy either way, but a lot of people get pissed if the tyres are too fragile too.

thenexus6

4th and 5th good result.. boring race. Robbery couldve gone the entire race without putting.. same with Lewis.

now for the awkward post race getting watches and chat then Putin handing out the trophies!

DBT85

I was thinking something similar, Rosberg must have stressed his machinery more coming up through the field. Forced PU change in next race? 5-place penalty? Just thinking aloud...

Lewis sounded like he just went for a stroll with his dog in the park

Lewis has defintly taken less out of his car with todays race.

I doubt Nico will take a penalty though, they are both still ok on engines and don't forget Lewis has had a pitlane and back row start this season.

I imagine if one of them has an off in Quali for a coming race they'll take the chance to change the whole PU and just start from the pit. Other than that, neither will take one.

Slo-mo celebration form Lewis in the car there?

Top Bottom