• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

Line_HTX

Beautiful track here in the state of Texas. Can't wait for next year's USGP! Congrats Hamilton on the 5 race winning streak.

Deadman

Imagine if double points gives this to rosberg, what a farce that would be

COTA is a really nice track, most races here have been good ones.

Shaneus

lol Danny taking the long way around to the podium. Fuck I love that guy! Hopefully Sunhi got it :D

Tackles his podiums like he tackles his corners. Aggressively.

I wonder if Rosberg has already given up. He must know that he got nothing on Hamilton's race craft.

Double points. :/

If Hamilton gets a DNF and Rosberg wins on the basis of double points it is going make a mockery of the whole sport.

I know it wouldn't come naturally to a guy like Hamilton, but in his place I would just cruise around in second place for the next two races and not get into any scraps with Rosberg at all. Just get off the mark clean and cruise around for a bit and take the second places. Win the championship. No need to risk a fight where he might come off worse and end up retiring when he has the cushion to finish second for the next two races.

Timbuktu

If Hamilton gets a DNF and Rosberg wins on the basis of double points it is going make a mockery of the whole sport.

Yep. Even if Hamilton wins the next race and Rosberg gets nothing. :/

Don't want to see him booed on the podium winning the championship that way.

untitled-18e1u22.gif

With 24 points ahead, Rosberg can pretty much forget about even having a chance this year, unless Hamilton gets a DNF in the final race.
Yep.

Lewis no longer needs to worry about winning the races. Coast in to 2nd place in both races and the championship is his.

ramparter

Banned

And bring a lot of drama at the same time on the last race. That's exactly what Bernie wanted and it's quite funny it actually happened exactly like that. No double points would mean Lewis could be crowned in the next race and now the 24 points gaps makes it impossible by just 1 point.

Mohonky

Dont care about Abu Dhabi, if Hamilton finishes ahead of Rosberg in Brazil, he will be WDC as far as I am concerned.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
WIL are just happy to gather more points than Ferrari for WCC - 22 vs 8 today. Their tactic is non-existant and even when they have a chance for decent result, they will screw it - unless they have safe advantage as we seen on other races this year.

RIC is just taking the gifts from other teams this season.

Gutted about the first stint for Vettel, but it was worth it for the overtaking at the end.

Hamilton clearly has Rosberg handled in the race. Championship over.

Nope, nope, nope. The championship fight was "over" after Fuji in 07 and Hamilton beached his car in the gravel pit in China and had a systems failure at Brazil.
Nothing is decided until after Double Dhabi.

RoKKeR

That's my boy! Easily the most likeable guy in F1 for years, possibly decades.

I love how you see that glimmer of cheekiness in his eyes as he looks into the camera. You just know he's up to something.

Jesus Christ man, cool the jets haha

Mohonky

Said it a few pages ago, but theres definitely got to be something about the way Hamilton and Rosberg drive that lets Rosberg get the tyres / brakes up to temperature better for qualifying. Rosberg has had the measure of Hamilton in a lot of the quali sessions this year, yet only twice has Rosberg managed to actually finish ahead of Hamilton in a head to head race, once at Monaco, where you cant really overtake anywhere, and once in Austria, otherwise everywhere else it just seems after the race has begun to settle Hamilton is just faster.

Either way, was a good race today, Ricciardo continues to honor the trasition of Aussie drivers who go backwards from the start yet he is always screaming that thing home. He is going to win a WDC for sure at some point.

olore

Lewis should go full-Gandhi for the last two races and not even think about winning. Just cruise and not stress himself or the material

Mohonky

Fair to say Webber was extremely average from 2011 onwards.

He's always been very average. Well that maybe a bit harsh, but he never seemed like a WDC contender even when he was close to it in 2010. His last few years he had a great car under him, coupled with his age and experience on the track to show up and intimidate some of the younger guys but really he was just another Coulthard. Good driver, but not extraordinary. He's a dependable No 2 driver, but you wouldnt look to him to lead you for a Championship.

Ark

Lewis should go full-Gandhi for the last two races and not even think about winning. Just cruise and not stress himself or the material

It says a lot that my initial reaction to this was that Hamilton should start dropping nukes. I don't even play Civ.

Vettel's face looks about five years younger than his beard. Ha.

EDIT: Can't wait for the atmosphere in Abu Dhabi when the Championship is decided. Ohhhhhhh.....

hadareud

The Translator
To put Hamilton's dominance into perspective, under the old point scoring system, he'd have won the championship today.

Double points or not, the current scoring system is shit and doesn't reward the winner.

Even if Rosberg wins the final two races, it would be a travesty if the guy with 10 vs 6 wins wouldn't win the championship.

edit: we could end up with a situation where it's 11 vs 4 wins and Rosberg still takes the title. Ridiculous.

hitgirl

Holy shit GAF what an epic weekend. I'm so wrecked but had a blast at my first formula 1 race. I got to see the race from skybox at the start line then half way through booked it to turn 12 bleachers to watch some battling then back to the skybox for the finish. My favorite podium too with Hamilton and ricciardo up there.

Top Bottom