• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

DBT85

Incredible Lewis managed to a) close that 7.5 sec gap and b) sit within 1 sec od Rosberg for 15 laps in all that dirty air.

Juicy Bob

Incredible Lewis managed to a) close that 7.5 sec gap and b) sit within 1 sec od Rosberg for 15 laps in all that dirty air.
I imagine Rosberg took it a bit easier in that third stint when he knew he had a big gap over Lewis to try and conserve his tyres, allowing Hamilton to push and make up the margin.

Aiii

So not worth it
Thing that comes to mind. Drop more real tracks for Tilke-tracks Bernie, see how much fun races will be.

Hamilton can only blame himself, had done enough to go ahead on the pit stop.

But no reason for him to worry. He should be comfortably able to finish behind Rosberg again in Abu Dhabi.

TCRS

Banned
how the fuck is massa still third lol? brilliant drive.

congrats rosberg, great drive under all that pressure.

DBT85

Great race. Well done Nico. Lewis will be annoyed at himself for that mistake, surely his chance of a win.

Just bring it home at the Abu Double and we're done.

I tihnk Merc just apologised for the stop? I assume they mean asking him to hammertime for 2 laps instead of 1?

Kyougar

Rosberg felt bad for hamiltons error and let him come close ;)
And then managed to not get overtaken in what, 20 DRS laps?

Nico 100% earned it and out-raced Lewis for only the second time this year.

However, all Lewis needs to do is follow Nico next race and doesn't need to be at all aggressive.

RoKKeR

Rosberg in the clutch when he needed it.

Great drive from Felipe overcoming all of the fuckups, happy to see him on the podium in Brazil.

Hoping Williams can hold onto 3rd in Abu Dhabi.

Mohonky

Nico ran really well to hold off at the end, but again Hamilton really had the race pace over him, he madea mistake that cost him the win, went 7 seconds behind and still finished up under Rosbergs ass.

Good job by Massa also, finishing 3rd even with a penalty.

Comes down to Abu Dhabi, willbe interesting especially as it is a very strong track for Hamilton.

Zeknurn

Rosberg had this from the start of the weekend well deserved.

Driver of the race is no doubt Massa. How he managed to finish 3rd I have no idea.

So happy for Massa. Probably his last podium at home. Great that he got to experience it again.

Also, it might just be me, but Toto and Niki didn't seem as happy about Nico's win.

DBT85

Rosberg felt bad for hamiltons error and let him come close ;)
And then managed to not get overtaken in what, 20 DRS laps?

Keep believin ;)

Nico drove a faultless race, but still, Lewis was faster on a set of tyres and made them last the same distance, and then sat in his dirty air for 20 laps. Lewis had the pace to beat him today, but his own mistake cost him.

Ark

Wow Piquet bringing the class. What an asshole question.

Well I broke the Twitter jinx. It's all over now, congrats Rosberg on the WDC.

how the fuck is massa still third lol? brilliant drive.

congrats rosberg, great drive under all that pressure.

mclaren gift wrapped him third by hanging button out to dry. they talk about restructuring the technical team, how about they sort out the race operations? they've been a shambles for many seasons now.

magnussen nowhere pace wise again, it's unbelievable that they're dumping button for him.

Staab

What did he say?

He told him
"I'm jaelous of you, not for the race but for your girlfriend, Nicole !! Where is she ??"
to which Hamilton responded "uhhh, she's at home...".
Awkward.

Nelson going back to Hamilton for the last question instead of Nico ? wtf ?

dakun

Having to finish at least 2nd in case Nico wins is a little to close for comfort in my opinion.

This is no where near finished even if Mercedes is this dominant. It only needs small troubles for him to finish 3rd and lose the championship.

btw stop putting on local people who can't speak English worth a damn on the podium. It's awkward as fuck and makes for really bad interviews.

thenexus6

Rosberg clearly said "fuck.. something" as he went off the podium just as he went back to get his cap and bottle. Anyone else catch that?

Top Bottom