• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

NBCSN comes back from a commercial break on the pre show and a McLaren goes out in flames, mother of fucking God. I wonder how much Tequila Alonso is drinking while watching his feed...and Kvyat is crawling to a stop...holy shit. 4 cars are probably going to survive this race, dis shit gonna be a blood bath.

Lol and Kvyatt went through the sandtrap and is now stopped before the second last turn.

And dead as well, getting out the car.

chadskin

prix.583.jpg

@andrewbensonf1 13m13 minutes ago

The grid will be closed up following Bottas's withdrawal, with every car behind him moving up a place

I'm a bit confused. I thought they usually leave the grid slot empty if the driver can't make it.

Are they gonna use Susie Wolff today starting from the boxes? I actually don't know if they can replace Bottas in this situation.

Getting up at an unholy hour.
Turning on the tv.
First thing i see is a mclaren stopping on outlap.
A detuned engine outlap at that too. Ron will be next seen running to the bathroom so he can vomit by the time the race is done.
for his team 3 laps after it starts.

Sloane

Banned
Button should only drive around with 50 km/h or something, he might have a shot winning this just by surviving.

Razgreez

And Australian TV is talking about a fucking cooking show. Woeful.

Can't be worse than the south african supersport presenters. One's a former race engineer with poor elocution and the other is a recent turbo production class champ who basically repeats everything the former states. The icing on the cake is the third presenter (not currently present) is a radio MC with no racing experience. The three combine to form a trifecta of F1 ignorance

Aiii

So not worth it
See, this shit is what you get when you restrict testing and development in F1.

Only 12 test days in pre season is madness.

Pimpwerx

Will Buxton has improved a lot. He no longer talks over pit communications, and his vignettes are actually informative now. He's also getting more respect from people in the paddock. I used to badmouth the tit, but he's grown on me. PEACE.

Razgreez

See, this shit is what you get when you restrict testing and development in F1.

Only 12 test days in pre season is madness.

Let's also be honest that mc-honda are doing a far worse job right now than caterham or marussia ever did so it's all on them. Also, renault moving backward is entirely down to themselves

Aiii

So not worth it
If they had much more, you'd have even less cars on the grid...

They're not mandatory, and i'd rather have proper testing for proper teams, than some weird kind of protection for grid fillers like Manor. Those teams come and go.

dubc35

I expect to last 10-15 laps before I retire. Mercedes domination I (and everyone else) predict.

btw, NBCSN sucks

Jorav

Every driver can stay still look straight ahead when the aussie anthem is on except......Hamilton. Hope he loses.

Lach

Haha swiss tv just showed an interview with vettel and tested his italian. Didn't sound half bad and he said he still had some from his TR days...

NewDust

Are they gonna use Susie Wolff today starting from the boxes? I actually don't know if they can replace Bottas in this situation.

I believe a driver has to qualify to be eligible for the main event. Replacement can be granted afterwards by the race stewards, but I believe Bottas retraction was very late, so that's probably why they (either Williams or the stewards) didn't let her drive.

Juicy Bob

Having three car teams from the well funded bunch would be better than cutting costs so a few mid field nobody teams can still be broke anyways.
I strongly disagree.

We need variety of teams no matter now good or bad they are for sporting, technical and political reasons. The more the merrier.

hamchan

Mark Webber: "Pastor Maldonado, he's still surviving somehow, we'll see how long he lasts."

lol Webber still cracking digs at him.

Dead Man

Can't be worse than the south african supersport presenters. One's a former race engineer with poor elocution and the other is a recent turbo production class champ who basically repeats everything the former states. The icing on the cake is the third presenter (not currently present) is a radio MC with no racing experience. The three combine to form a trifecta of F1 ignorance

Yeah, okay, you win. Sympathies.

Top Bottom