• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 ┇ 2024 ┇ Plan N for Next Season™

I think Max will win the season, but the rest of the races should be exciting, it does look alike he’s got a huge lead right now.
Is there even a way mathematically that he could lose, aside from losing evey single race that’s left by finishing outside the points?

Paasei

I think it will only get exciting when it comes to how narrow the lead will be in points, not necessarily in individual races. Although Max does pretty much everything with what he has to get good results.

That McLaren is turning into the RB of previous seasons. Tables have turned. Good for Norris and the team. As big of a Max fan that I am, McLaren has always been a cool team with great drivers. Good to see them at the front once more.

Formula 1 is at its best when it's divulged in controversy. Dating back to the rivalry of Hunt and Lauda and the the rivalry of Senna and Prost.

Fuck political correctness because this is what people crave on in the inside and it becomes legendary.

This is what sets the sport in the spot light. So let's have more Lando and Max fireworks.

I’m sad that Kimi crashed his first time out. Hope he doesn’t let it get to him and pulls through. Also who’s the new kid at Williams, was it?

cormack12

Gold Member
Is Pina Colada in this weekend then? The advertising boards were making it clear that ant was in the car and not george

oL8eUhV.jpeg

cormack12

Gold Member
Gamble paid off. Happy for Sharles, but felt Piastris pain there missing out on a very good drive. Was a decent race, that first turn at Monza is such a flashpoint

Exciting race right from turn 1
Did not expect Leclerc to win, but happy with the result.

What happened to Max and redbull? Last few races they just don’t seem the same. McLaren stole their magic?

twilo99

Gold Member
I'm not sure how many of you follow the sport closely, but this kind of lap grouping with such low standard deviation is kinda insane. I've only seen VER do something similar. This is a sign of a very good driver.

SkylineRKR

This is one of the best seasons in years. I don't know who is going to win each race. Is it LeClerc, Sainz, Russel, Norris, Piastri or do Max and RB rebound? This time it was Piastri. Next GP, who knows? Last year you could fill it in on a weekly basis; Max Verstappen.

I still think Max will grab the 4th title. He does fairly consistently finish in the top 5, even at Spa where he started 10 spots lower. Norris doesn't win every week, he was now only 1 place ahead. They all steal victories from eachother. And I do think RB will find momentum again, even if only for one or 2 race weekends its likely enough to secure it.

Raven117

Dude. Piastri is straight up a great race car driver. Lots of drivers are fast. But he has an instinct and coolness that can’t be taught.

I think ultimately that’s why McClaren is being a little funny with “papaya” rules. Deep down, they know Piastri has a higher ceiling than Lando. They know… deep down… he is a better race car driver than Lando, but they are trying to manage that as best they can.

twilo99

Gold Member
And yet, another year with pole and no victory. He has to be more aggressive when defending. Sometimes he is too nice.

Yes, huge mistake by him not defending, but you also have to consider that PIA had a nice advantage on the straight with closed DRS thanks to an illegal rear wing, which is now banned apparently:

In other words, if the race was held today, that would be an illigal car.

Last edited:
Clever but I can see why they abolished it You're receiving DRS in a non DRS zone. Technically speaking. But still, sucks for McLolren.

Anyway, we should turn F1 into a Can-Am series. Which is what Pikes Peak is for except it's a hill climb. And hopefully that series will become WipEout in the future.

Last edited:
Clever but I can see why they abolished it You're receiving DRS in a non DRS zone. Technically speaking. But still, sucks for McLolren.

Anyway, we should turn F1 into a Can-Am series. Which is what Pikes Peak is for except it's a hill climb. And hopefully that series will become WipEout in the future.

I’ve always dreamed of a “Formula X” or something where the only rules are what the human body can withstand. No rules, no limits. Sure it would be insanely dangerous, but I don’t think there would be any lack of drivers willing to test those limits.

Last edited:

RaZoR No1

I’ve always dreamed of a “Formula X” or something where the only rules are what the human body can withstand. No rules, no limits. Sure it would be insanely dangerous, but I don’t think there would be any lack of drivers willing to test those limits.
They would never allowed that in this time and age anymore.
In the past they pushed machines and the humans to the limit.
Now they try to make everything safe as possible for the drivers.. except for the street circuits...

Drivers and sponsors will go where the money is. Supporters and a following that is en entirely different cock and balls.

Formula X has a good ring to it.

Top Bottom