• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

To be perfectly fair, he could have been braking earlier than normal the previous lap too.

In which case, Verstappen should be then be aware of it for the following lap. It's a nonsense argument anyway, it was a racing incident regardless of how anyone wants to spin it after the fact.

Mastah

Official highlights from Monaco:

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/video/2015/5/Race_edit__Monaco_%2715.html

CGHJftXW8AAAFlp.jpg:large

Lewis, you also dun goofed.

Also, holy shit at that Sainz-Ericsson moment:

https://twitter.com/Pereira_FC/status/603962533519695872

CGG-DPGWoAAwTS-.jpg:orig

DBT85

Kyougar

Sorry, the driver will have concerns and opinions but he can't see the gap, nor all the strategy shit that's going on at all the other teams, how long everythone else has been on tyres, everyone elses lap times etc. The pit wall allowed him to come in instead of sticking to their decision and staying out.

But he always comes off demanding in pitlane-talk and would have been the first to cry bloody murder if he had lost the race while not pitting. And it could have been. Rosbergs crew could have seen that he doesnt pit (enough gap for this decision) and could have gambled on it. Of course that would only work if vettel also pitted or Rosberg could have easily taken Vettel. (Well Hamilton couldnt).

Lets face it, the Pit Crew would take his report on his tyres more into account than Toro Rosso would take Verstappens. He is a seasoned Veteran driver. And either the Pit crews decision is allmighty and final or they take the drivers experience into account. You cant cherrypick. Either its the Pit-Crews call and the fault lies with the Pit-Crew. Or its his fault also because he wanted to Pit. then dont sulk like a kid afterwards.

And lets not forget, that the Pit-Crew really thought the gap was enough, they didnt gamble on Rosberg and Vettel also pitting.

DBT85

But he always comes off demanding in pitlane-talk and would have been the first to cry bloody murder if he had lost the race while not pitting. And it could have been. Rosbergs crew could have seen that he doesnt pit (enough gap for this decision) and could have gambled on it. Of course that would only work if vettel also pitted or Rosberg could have easily taken Vettel. (Well Hamilton couldnt).

Lets face it, the Pit Crew would take his report on his tyres more into account than Toro Rosso would take Verstappens. He is a seasoned Veteran driver. And either the Pit crews decision is allmighty and final or they take the drivers experience into account. You cant cherrypick. Either its the Pit-Crews call and the fault lies with the Pit-Crew. Or its his fault also because he wanted to Pit. then dont sulk like a kid afterwards.

And lets not forget, that the Pit-Crew really thought the gap was enough, they didnt gamble on Rosberg and Vettel also pitting.

But he didn't demand they come in to change, he asked if they were sure it was the right decision. They can see his sectors and deltas and see just how much his tyres were dropping off and compare it to everyone else. Since the team admitted fault here I don't even know what the discussion is for.

Kyougar

But he didn't demand they come in to change, he asked if they were sure it was the right decision. They can see his sectors and deltas and see just how much his tyres were dropping off and compare it to everyone else. Since the team admitted fault here I don't even know what the discussion is for.

they didnt know their data was wrong. So if the driver has issues and the gap is (according to your data) enough, why deny the driver the reassurance of a smooth ride home?

Mastah

Sorry, the driver will have concerns and opinions but he can't see the gap, nor all the strategy shit that's going on at all the other teams, how long everythone else has been on tyres, everyone elses lap times etc. The pit wall allowed him to come in instead of sticking to their decision and staying out.

But he absolutely can ask simple question: "did Rosberg or Vettel change tyres?".

"You rely on the team," said Hamilton. "I saw a screen, it looked like the team was out and I thought that Nico had pitted. Obviously I couldn't see the guys behind so I thought the guys behind were pitting.

"The team said to stay out, I said 'these tyres are going to drop in temperature,' and what I was assuming was that these guys would be on options and I was on the harder tyre. So, they said to pit. Without thinking I came in with full confidence that the others had done the same."

From the moment of Merc crew out in the pit lane to Hamilton actually pitting there were 90 long seconds. Lewis thought/assumed one thing, his team thought/assumed the other one and in the midst of chaotic communication we got beautiful clustefuck of a decision.

But he absolutely can ask simple question: "did Rosberg or Vettel change tyres?".

From the moment of Merc crew out in the pit lane to Hamilton actually pitting there were 90 long seconds. Lewis thought/assumed one thing, his team thought/assumed the other one and in the midst of chaotic communication we got beautiful clustefuck of a decision.

Onus is on the team to provide the information, though... they could have simply said "BTW, ROS and VET have NOT and will NOT pit"

DD

Guys, once I saw and article with charts giving points for the drivers based on what they did before reaching (or not) F1, where Frijns, Nasr and Massa were up there on the top, but I can't find it anymore. Does anyone knows where to find it?

Kyougar

Guys, once I saw and article with charts giving points for the drivers based on what they did before reaching (or not) F1, where Frijns, Nasr and Massa were up there on the top, but I can't find it anymore. Does anyone knows where to find it?

check f1fanatic.co.uk

Ark

Oh wow, DTM are live streaming it on YouTube? Jesus Christ. FOM take note.

I'll be watching this, for sure.

Oh wow, DTM are live streaming it on YouTube? Jesus Christ. FOM take note.

I'll be watching this, for sure.

DTM has the best online presence of any series, imo. Everything is streamed, everything is cached, tons of highlight videos including full lap onboards. They do it right.

I'm sure they'd much prefer to sell it to TV stations around the world like FOM does, but they do the next best thing and give it all away.

DTM has the best online presence of any series, imo. Everything is streamed, everything is cached, tons of highlight videos including full lap onboards. They do it right.

I'm sure they'd much prefer to sell it to TV stations around the world like FOM does, but they do the next best thing and give it all away.

The amount of content they are putting online is exceptional!

Top Bottom