• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

yami4ct

I'm interested to see what all the teams come up with. I would like to think Ferrari/Honda have more room for quick improvements than the Mercs, but I know that hop will quick be dashed.

Not sure why Renault are playing some stupid conservative game considering their performance.

Renault totally forgot they were making F1 engines.

Ark

Not sure why Renault are playing some stupid conservative game considering their performance.

They're fixing both the reliability and the driveability of their engine, which doesn't require any token usage. Don't expect any Renault performance development until the latter half of this season.

Mastah

Mark Webber ‏@AussieGrit

My book. Plenty of work gone into it, published in Australia on July 1st. UK September.

CGebhaNWoAA6HEd.jpg:large

So, after Max took Jos 'round Monaco for a lap, he now takes him across Spa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7T44IMXGD4

At the start Jos tells him, "please take it easy, okay?" when they exit he asks him "you did that on purpose didn't you?"

Poor Jos.
I love it when these guys drive regular cars. Its then when you can appreciate that you arent on their level.

I will buy that Webber book the moment its digitally available.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Autosprint is reporting that Ferrari will use their 3rd engine in Canada, so they will have token stuff already included and 4th one with rest of the upgrades in Monza. In the races in between and later, they are planning to use 2nd (in Hungary) and 3rd engine (Singapore), depending on track nature.

Aiii

So not worth it
Maybe the FBI can go after Ecclestone now that they ended Blatter's reign of terror before we lose every European GP left to us.

Dilly

Banned
I guess Kevin Magnussen is a shadow mod on GAF, oh well.

Went to the World Series by Renault at Francorchamps, was surprised to see how agressive the 3.5 Renault's are, very nice.

Also did a large part of the old Spa circuit, insane that they used to hold F1 races on that piece of tarmac.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Foreword by Vettel.

Quotes on the book cover.

"Not bad for a number two writer." -- Sebastian Vettel

“It seems to me that Webber has on average two paragraphs per chapter where he is readable, but he can’t maintain this form throughout the book." -- Helmut Marko

"I am very happy with Marc and this book." -- Christian Horner

"My second favorite book after The Art of War." -- Fernando Alonso

"He wrote this book." -- Kimi Räikkönen

Shaneus

Quotes on the book cover.

"Not bad for a number two writer." -- Sebastian Vettel

“It seems to me that Webber has on average two paragraphs per chapter where he is readable, but he can’t maintain this form throughout the book." -- Helmut Marco

"I am very happy with Marc and this book." -- Christian Horner

"He wrote this book." -- Kimi Räikkönen
"Starts slowly, but gets better as the book progresses" -- Someone

Business

Went to the World Series by Renault at Francorchamps, was surprised to see how agressive the 3.5 Renault's are, very nice.

Also did a large part of the old Spa circuit, insane that they used to hold F1 races on that piece of tarmac.

Heh, welcome back.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Mercedes will bring only engine upgrades on reliability front. Looks like single engine lasting six races is not enough reliable.

If you believe them, looks like they still have such advantage on PU front that they are playing with other manufacturers.

My man. Did Masta Kink make your stomach churn just looking at it?

Pimpwerx

So, after Max took Jos 'round Monaco for a lap, he now takes him across Spa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7T44IMXGD4

At the start Jos tells him, "please take it easy, okay?" when they exit he asks him "you did that on purpose didn't you?"

Poor Jos.
What stands out to me in the first video is the relaxed way he handles the wheel. That's a lot of confidence considering he's probably pushing that car pretty hard. In the second video, it's his eyes. He has a relaxed but focused look in his eyes the whole time. Not even through Eau Rouge and the Radillon, he looks supremely confident. I like that. And as someone else noted, I find it more impressive seeing these guys in regular cars, because the difference between me and them becomes more pronounced. PEACE.

Business

What stands out to me in the first video is the relaxed way he handles the wheel. That's a lot of confidence considering he's probably pushing that car pretty hard.

I was foolish enough to be interested and see how he would handle manual downshifting on a 'street' car, of course I left disappointed.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
New hp rumors:
MER ~830, FER ~815 (new engine), REN ~780

Autosprint reported this first, their info apparently comes from undisclosed source near Ferrari (probably some anonymous twitter guy pretending to be engineer). Same as 30 bhp upgrade for Ferrari engine only with 3 used performance tokens, which is almost on level with Reynolds Sci-Fi novels.

Mastah

Tobias Grüner AMuS ‏@tgruener 13m13 minutes ago

#F1 McLaren doesn't expect more power from engine upgrade. According to Button & Alonso it's more an efficiency / reliability upgrade.

:/

In fairness though, if they've made it more efficient it should be much faster in the race anyway. It was drinking fuel previously.

Top Bottom