• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Juicy Bob

That was boring.

Well done Lewis, Bottas, Vettel, Massa, Hulk, Kvyat and Sainz.

Raikkonen was awful. Throwing away a podium and only just beating his team mate who started last? That's really not good.

dalin80

Banned
Eh? He stopped the 50m lift and Coast. It's no surprise his fuel then depleted at a faster rate.

Unless merc started him with less fuel the messages really didn't tally with what we were seeing on screen. On that lap he used .1kg less then Rosberg and about .6kg less in total.

Orbis

Nobody hit the wall of champions. Cars are definitely too easy to drive in race trim.
Yep. Lack of SC didn't help today though, it meant everyone was fuel saving thus nobody pushing to overtake, nobody driving to the limit, and fewer errors. Even still, the lack of a SC is probably because nobody is able to drive to the limit in the first place. But yeah generally the cars are too easy to drive currently, this is a concern being voiced by many.

Very pleased with a HAM win nonetheless.

Easy Sunday for Hamilton. This should put Rosberg back in his place after the past 2 races. Great race for Vettel. Screw Honda. Even if that car were near-average it would make the entire field a lot more interesting with the people driving it.

I think that fuel saving is still semi-allowed under "coaching" as are brake "safety reasons". It's specific bits like sector times and technical info on other cars that are banned. More banned? Whatever. It's all stupid. Both the coaching and the rules.

Edit: On fuel, I think everyone was expecting a safety car, where even 2-3 laps can give a buffer. Still hate the fuel limits.

Stats say what exactly? How many retirements does Max have compared to Sainz?

How many seasons did Sainz spend in cars compared to Max?

He's out qualified him in more races.

He's scored more points than him.

In racing that's all that matters.

Anyway, this fuel saving shit has got to go. That on top of the tyre management is just pitiful to watch.

untitled-20rkpia.gif
untitled-21ywr4s.gif

untitled-22u4o1c.gif

Hasney

I think the nicest thing I can say about the race is that I got a win streak in Hearthstone during it... And this was freaking Canada.

malyce

He's out qualified him in more races.

He's scored more points than him.

In racing that's all that matters.

lol, there's a reason why Max was a shoe in for that seat and Sainz ended being an after thought. If you watched both drivers in the feeder series you'd understand. Don't worry, Max will finish this season with more points than Sainz. Of that I have no doubt.

Lewis about to go on a 9 run streak like Vettel in 2013.

Kimi needs to go. He's wasting that seat.

Can't exactly say that about Rosberg but we desperately need someone capable of challenging Lewis. I'm a Ham fan but it gets boring. At least he seems happier.

Addnan

The proper half of the European season kicks off soon, so I guess we'll see how bad they can make the best races of the year.

Zeknurn

lol, there's a reason why Max was a shoe in for that seat and Sainz ended being an after thought. If you watched both drivers in the feeder series you'd understand. Don't worry, Max will finish this season with more points than Sainz. Of that I have no doubt.

Sounds like someone is up for an avatar bet. One year with a Sainz avatar if Max does not finish above Sainz in points?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Dat psychological warfare. "Yeah, my car was actually shit, and Nico didn't really challenge me."

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I just don't get why Rosberg is so eager to tell anyone that 2nd place is totally fine.

DD

I have a feeling that next year we'll see Alonso driving a Porsche at WEC if he keeps that attitude.

Also, gosh, the Verstappens have such punchable faces...

McNum

Well, Vettel's chase through the pack was entertaining and it's a quite pretty track, but overall... Very average Formula One by the numbers today. I still like the track, though.

Also, Hamilton's car must have been running on fumes while driving into the pit at the end. That did not sound like a healthy engine at all.

Zeknurn

I can't wait for the power unit development continue to get more restrictive while the strategy group can't get anything done.

John_B

I wouldn't mind Raikkonen and Massa retiring after this season. They are both far away from their best driving and the great performances are far between.

Mercedes and others were tight on fuel. Maybe they expected a period with safety car. Still it made for some weird fighting between Rosberg and Hamilton.

Ark

What was said?

He doesn't regret his move because to beat the Mercedes you need to do something different, something unique. He spent five years coming third, fourth, fifth, and if he'd stayed at Ferrari he'd still be third, fourth, fifth.

EDIT: Apparently I took the wrong message from that :lol

FuturusX

Bleh, one of the first races in Canada that I thought was shit.

What was said?
Basically:

He was in the middle of a battle and they team were talking to him about fuel saving. That he wanted to focus on racing and later after the heat of battle he could worry about fuel.

Getting passed so easily on track makes them look like amateurs. Something he said on the radio and repeated again in the interview with BBC.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Mercedes can still build a decent gap when they need it - like they did it today after lap 10, when both cars suddenly made a huge gap to RAI.

All cars were tightly fueled today, almost all in top 10 around 99.5 kg used

Also, Grosjean rookie mistake took away nice chunk of points in WCC for Lotus

Bleh, one of the first races in Canada that I thought was shit.

What was said?

Engineer: "We must save fuel, we must target zero."

Alonso: "I don't want, I don't want."

Engineer: "We're going to have big problems later if we don't."

Alonso: "Already I have big problems now. Driving with this, looking like amateur. So I race and then I concentrate on the fuel."

Engineer: "There may still be retirements later in the race, we need to make sure we can fight for positions in the end."

olore

Lewis were on 99.22 litres a km or so into the wave to the crowd lap, he must've switched of a bank of cylinders to save fuel. Also tech crossover to MBs road cars

Top Bottom