• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

dubc35

Lewis were on 99.22 litres a km or so into the wave to the crowd lap, he must've switched of a bank of cylinders to save fuel. Also tech crossover to MBs road cars
Shutting down cylinders? Ford, Dodge, and probably others have had that for years in road cars/trucks.

Engineer: "We must save fuel, we must target zero."

Alonso: "I don't want, I don't want."

Engineer: "We're going to have big problems later if we don't."

Alonso: "Already I have big problems now. Driving with this, looking like amateur. So I race and then I concentrate on the fuel."

Engineer: "There may still be retirements later in the race, we need to make sure we can fight for positions in the end."

Good, that he doesn't waste his time with Ferrari anymore.

TCRS

Banned
let me just post my obligatory

<3 suzi

post before the coverage ends. I love how they ask tough questions and do not try to be defense force to anyone unlike many other channels.

Zeknurn

let me just post my obligatory

<3 suzi

post before the coverage ends. I love how they ask tough questions and do not try to be defense force to anyone unlike many other channels.

I second that. Eddie and Suzi work so good together.

Mercedes can still build a decent gap when they need it - like they did it today after lap 10, when both cars suddenly made a huge gap to RAI.

All cars were tightly fueled today, almost all in top 10 around 99.5 kg used

Also, Grosjean rookie mistake took away nice chunk of points in WCC for Lotus

Mercedes apologized to Lewis in the pre-podium room. Strongly suggests that they've underfuelled Lewis.

How can Lewis's engine consume more fuel than Nico's engine?

EDIT: Lewis said that his new engine, for some reason, consumes more fuel than Nico's engine at similar pace/charge...

Tubie

The race was boring as hell.

If only Nico was actually good enough to really challenge Ham, then the season might be more bearable.

What the shit?!! I'm in Thailand, watching the race, rainstorm hits, feed goes off, I fuck my girl, feed comes back, kimi is 4th...

Kimi has fucked up my fuck

Igo

Poor Sky. Lewis kept them waiting for so long and then they only got a few words.

Nice to see Lewis go down the entire pit straight signing shit. F1 needs more of that instead of drivers disappearing 5 minutes after the race.

Linius

Was a rather boring race. From that point of view I totally get what Kimi was doing, his spin at least brought some entertainment.

Also fuck Grosjean. Just two weeks ago he was schooling Max and telling the world how he became a better driver. "He hit me!"
JzKGOjM.png

Kyougar

Poor Sky. Lewis kept them waiting for so long and then they only got a few words.

Nice to see Lewis go down the entire pit straight signing shit. F1 needs more of that instead of drivers disappearing 5 minutes after the race.

like Lewis in the last race? Where he didnt even want to do the Champagne shower and post interviews?

sam777

He only done it because he won.

Pimpwerx

Just finished my recording. This might be my last F1 app race, as I think I cancelled b4 the next one.

Full disclosure: I didn't watch Monaco. My mom spoiled me via text and I decoded to ignore the race out of disgust. Say what you will, but I still get emotional about this sport. Even if it's irrationally.

Anyway, good race. I watched qualies too, but this was fun to watch. My mom tried to spoil the result again, but I avoided it. It's awesome that my mom follows F1 on this side of the world with me, but she's more of a morning person than me. She forces me to keep up live now. I'll never discourage her from watching.

Lewis has legit become a rock star in this sport. Of all the drivers, he's the one that lives the loudest. He's discreetly become a major black player on the social media scene. He's running with the Kanye's and Jay-Zs. People underestimate how big he's gotten. He's starting to transcend the sport. How many non-race fans are becoming aware of this young, trendy star athlete? He's trying to get into acting too. I think more attention needs to be paid to this. He's got More potential to grow this sport than Seb or Fonso. PEACE.

Just finished my recording. This might be my last F1 app race, as I think I cancelled b4 the next one.

Full disclosure: I didn't watch Monaco. My mom spoiled me via text and I decoded to ignore the race out of disgust. Say what you will, but I still get emotional about this sport. Even if it's irrationally.

Anyway, good race. I watched qualies too, but this was fun to watch. My mom tried to spoil the result again, but I avoided it. It's awesome that my mom follows F1 on this side of the world with me, but she's more of a morning person than me. She forces me to keep up live now. I'll never discourage her from watching.

Lewis has legit become a rock star in this sport. Of all the drivers, he's the one that lives the loudest. He's discreetly become a major black player on the social media scene. He's running with the Lange's and Jay-Zs. People underestimate how big he's gotten. He's starting to transcend the sport. How many non-race fans are becoming aware of this young, trendy star athlete? He's trying to get into acting too. I think more attention needs to be paid to this. He's got More potential to grow this sport than Seb or Fonso. PEACE.

Yeezus apparently has signed off on his musical production skills... and he's either dating Yeezus' sister-in-law or the best friend of the sister-in-law (hard to say, really).

sam777

Meh. I didn't see Rosberg sticking around in Spain or Monaco... that probably would be the fairest comparison.

True, I am not saying all the drivers do it when they win, I am just saying in this instance Lewis only done it as he had won.

Massa

True, I am not saying all the drivers do it when they win, I am just saying in this instance Lewis only done it as he had won.

No, he did it because he was happy and he's a nice guy. Which is fair, you can't expect him to be all cheerful and signing autographs after what happened in Monaco.

kharma45

Lewis has legit become a rock star in this sport. Of all the drivers, he's the one that lives the loudest. He's discreetly become a major black player on the social media scene. He's running with the Kanye's and Jay-Zs. People underestimate how big he's gotten. He's starting to transcend the sport. How many non-race fans are becoming aware of this young, trendy star athlete? He's trying to get into acting too. I think more attention needs to be paid to this. He's got More potential to grow this sport than Seb or Fonso. PEACE.

News to me. Can't say I've noticed that over here at all. It's not as if he's not famous, but he's only known for F1 and Nicole.

Ark

I started noticing this during the winter break. He's become a fantastic icon for the sport, and Bernie's absolutely right when he says Lewis is the best World Champion we've ever had.

The less said about them in the Western media the better at this point.

operon

Pretty boring race Lewis has thus wrapped up nico isn't close to him at all. Only for Vettel and Massa would be real boring. Mclaren and Honda are a disgrace just awful how the hell can marussia finish races and mclaren struggle to finish them. Grosjean with his "he hit me" was embarrasing should be on his hands and knees begging forgiveness. Kimi kimi kimi last season I think. They really need to do something about the lift and coast fuel saving as dc said this ain't Lemans. Someone said earlier about fuel saving in indy car. There its used as a strategy here Lewis barely finished the race it's crap

McNum

It is kind of sad that Manor has a better track record than McLaren. I mean, come on already. I want to like McLaren, but this season that is becoming difficult. They don't even have the scrappy underdog factor anymore, because that implies having a chance to do something.

So sad how they just plummeted when going from a Mercedes engine to a Honda. McLaren-Honda used to mean something magical. Now it's more of a curse.

Good for Lewis, man that man loves this fucking track when he's not plowing into the back of Kimi in the pit lane, getting crashed out by Button or having an ERS failure. Dafuq is up with McHonda? Are they using subway tokens to upgrade that engine? Holy shit Alonso and Button are probably getting drunk off of Cuervo like Kiefer Sutherland.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Ricciardo is starting to sound like 2014's Vettel. Has not forgotten how to drive, hopes new chassis will solve the problem.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119378

"For now I'm smiling because I'm sure something was fundamentally up with the car today.

"I know I am not a second slower than Daniil and I know I haven't forgotten how to drive.

[...]

"The unfortunate thing is it made the afternoon pretty frustrating. Hopefully it's something obvious, but we may have to dig a little deeper."

Asked about his feeling with the car, Ricciardo said: "There was nothing that made me feel like 'this is an absolute box'.

[...]

When it was suggested to Ricciardo his chassis could be cracked, he replied: "I know I'm going to get a new one anyway.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Kimi had much lower top speed compared to Vettel on the race.Plus he also went into fuel saving mode, like all the front runners. Vettel managed to save some extra fuel in the first part of the race, because he was stuck behind slower cars and his pace was around 1:21

EDIT: Lewis said that his new engine, for some reason, consumes more fuel than Nico's engine at similar pace/charge...

This could be due to car set-up - Lewis had quite a botched FP3, so this could explain not optimal setup. Pressure in tyres is another possible reason. Or a little less fuel in his tank.

On race overlay, HAM fuel saving is evident from lap 30 to 36

Top Bottom