• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

DD

Ugh! Don't tell me that he managed to fool you with that stupid fake grin he has constantly on!

favourite current driver!

everyone has a dark side:

4564854-3x2-700x467.jpg

I mean, really!

872488-38dd096c-d72b-11e3-a788-f9855f7e436a.jpg

Just kiddin', Danny does not.

tumblr_mq7x50UO9n1sbw6ito1_1280.jpg

McLaren's short nose has passed the crash test.

Button:

"next race there are a lot of changes coming to the car. It will be very different apart from the colour scheme.”

Peter P's B-spec?

A view of the Canadian GP from my seat in Grandstand 12. They really need to let the cars do higher revs. They sound much louder in person than they do on TV (theyre loud enough to make it impossible to hear your own voice if one or more of these cars is doing hard acceleration or flying by at a high speed) but theres nothing spine tingling or special about the sound as there was with the higher revving v8s and v10s. That definitely takes away from the theatricality and pizazz of the trackside spectacle. At least it felt that way in person, standing 50 meters away from these cars. The Ferrari Challenge boys have engines that sound about as loud as the F1 cars. I prefer the ear splitting, otherwordly wails of an engine revving above 16,000 rpm.

Also: holy mother of christ that Honda engine sounds BAD in person. None of the people around my area vocally complained about the sound until the Mclaren Honda drove by: it just produces a real unpleasant noise. And from what Alonso and Button were saying over the radio it goes racing about as poorly as it sounds. I feel bad for those two, especially Jenson whose endured years of this kind of thing before with Honda.

lpyb.jpg

ppyb.jpg

qpyb.jpg

Ark

I just, very happily, paid €9.99 for the official Le Mans 24 stream from the FIA WEC site.

DTM, WEC, fucking every motorsport out there has brilliant, convenient, affordable streaming plans except for the 'pinnacle' of motorsport.

Given "fumo", does it literally translate as "All smoke no fire"? 'cause that'd be a great headline for that image.

Yeah, just copy pasted it from twitter. That sounds about right based on my limited Italian.

Too bad Alonso isn't racing Le Mans this year:

Le Mans looks more fun to drive than F1 - Fernando Alonso

"The cars are quite attractive from a driver's point of view because the technology there is the top," he said. "You drive within 0.3s [per lap] for two hours and three stints. Being able to drive the same car for two hours is something we have forgotten in Formula One for the last couple of years."

Alonso visited Le Mans last year but will not be able to attend this year's race.

"I enjoyed it a lot last year. The atmosphere seems more relaxed and more open to people. The event is huge, maybe it doesn't have the repercussions of a Formula One race, but it is bigger than any one Formula One race."

Shaneus

Seriously, F1 coverage needs to improve to the level the WEC does. This is a post I made just then on it in the OT:
Seriously, holy shit this is how you stream a race. $13AUD, I can have three devices going, there are THIRTEEN onboard car cameras as well as the main broadcast AND the news channel thingy and live timing and stuff.

And it's all in HD and 100% lag/buffering-free.

I honestly don't know if I can follow any other motorsport anymore, including F1.

Get on that shit, FOM (or whoever).

Business

They look like pretty good seats. I'm really struggling to work out where I'd go for Canada.

I've been around all the grandstands in Montreal and in my opinion T1 is the best spot, ideally more towards the left compared to the pics above, but that's splitting hairs.

NHale

If Nico Hulkenberg wins this race it might help getting other current F1 drivers into WEC.

I have to say the 6h of Spa was much more exciting than LeMans so far with cars running sprint stints for the entire race. It's a shame Hartley screwed up the #17 by overtaking under yellow flags. Webber and Bernhard need a new teammate. Let's go Jenson...

Dilly

Banned
If Nico Hulkenberg wins this race it might help getting other current F1 drivers into WEC.

I have to say the 6h of Spa was much more exciting than LeMans so far with cars running sprint stints for the entire race. It's a shame Hartley screwed up the #17 by overtaking under yellow flags. Webber and Bernhard need a new teammate. Let's go Jenson...

Hartley also has a punchable face.

Jezbollah

b-b-but Schumi/Vettel/Hamilton domination eras is boring and Audi dominating the WEC for 15 years is "exciting" /s

I have no interest watching this weekends Le Mans for the same reason its been for over a decade now.

4(6?) Audis will lead the race from start to finish, while Toyota/Porsche/Nissan will be plagued with problems all day long. Actually that sounds a lot like F1 right now lol :(

spoiler alert: Audi wins! zzzzzzzzzzzz

How's this working out for you so far?

NHale

Why bother with trolls? He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about and is just talking by looking at the race results and don't know one thing from WEC or previous LeMans races because if he did he would know that even last year Toyota dominated from the start until the 14h mark when the leading car had to retire and gifted the win to one of the slower Audi's.

Shaneus

Is Hartley a bit of a dick? I don't know anything of him at all.

Hell, maybe Webber could get his protege Mitch Evans from that Jota into Porsche next year. Save him from the humiliation of getting into F1.

NHale

Is Hartley a bit of a dick? I don't know anything of him at all.

Like Dilly said he has a very punchable face.

He seems like a fast driver but he's very prone to make silly mistakes like he did yesterday which cost #17 a 1 minute stop and go penalty (plus ~30 seconds lost in the pitlane) which dropped them from 1st place to 4th at the time..

andshrew

Seriously, F1 coverage needs to improve to the level the WEC does. This is a post I made just then on it in the OT:

Get on that shit, FOM (or whoever).

I guess the issue is FOM have all these super lucrative deals with broadcasters worldwide which they would undermine the value of significantly if they offered their own streaming service. Until there is a change in their approach to broadcasting I can't see this happening.

Shaneus

Like Dilly said he has a very punchable face.

He seems like a fast driver but he's very prone to make silly mistakes like he did yesterday which cost #17 a 1 minute stop and go penalty (plus ~30 seconds lost in the pitlane) which dropped them from 1st place to 4th at the time..
Hah, like I only realised happened at Spa last month:
The #17 Porsche the ex-Formula 1 star shares with Brendon Hartley and Timo Bernhard secured pole position at the Belgian track, but was held up early on by a stop/go penalty after Hartley overshot the final chicane and returned to track via an escape road.
That fucker cost them a chance :/

I'm more than happy to eat crow to see anyone but Audi win this race. Congrats to Porsche.

It's ironic how the things normally plague other teams plagued Audi instead and the Porsche ran like clockwork.

Like I mentioned in my previous post, I'm not gonna watch it, and even if I wanted to I couldn't because Fox Sports' coverage is terrible compared to SPEED channel's coverage in the previous years.

Speaking of Fucks Sports, when they were showing Hulks onboard footage and the radio transmission was about to congratulate him, they switch the feed to Patrick Dempseys interview and they didn't even replay what was said to Hulk unlike their F1 coverage. FFS!

ps: Lotterer so salty at the podium. Take that you smug bastard :p

Xun

It's my dads 70th this year so I'm thinking of organising Monza for his birthday.

Any recommendations for where to go on the circuit? I was initially thinking general admission, but I'm debating on getting seats instead.

It's my dads 70th this year so I'm thinking of organising Monza for his birthday.

Any recommendations for where to go on the circuit? I was initially thinking general admission, but I'm debating on getting seats instead.

1st chicane, either side of the track.

General admission is a nightmare at Monza. Fans are seriously obsessive and will almost certainly get all the spaces before you even get to the track.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Hulk enter WEC full time next year. His chance of a front running F1 drive looks to be long gone, so he might as well make the switch sooner than later.

Hell, I wouldn't be all that surprised to see Alonso buy his way out of his McLaren contract at the end of the year and join him the way things are going.

Juicy Bob

I know it might sound silly, but what would Hulkenberg have to aspire to if he joined the WEC full time?

I mean, LMP1 racing is all about winning Le Mans. That's the ultimate. And he's literally already achieved the ultimate goal in sportscar racing in his second ever race...

Addnan

I know it might sound silly, but what would Hulkenberg have to aspire to if he joined the WEC full time?

I mean, LMP1 racing is all about winning Le Mans. That's the ultimate. And he's literally already achieved the ultimate goal in sportscar racing in his second ever race...

Do it again, keep winning. The Big F1 teams are not giving him a chance.

Top Bottom