• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Ark

So, for OT2 we'll just go for The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| WEC Feeder Series?

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| It's not as good as the WEC

But it's been that for years. Granted former F1 drivers in LeMans isn't new and I would assume WEC is a recent racing formula?

The WEC has been around since 2012 after the ACO and FIA merged(?), before that it was the ILMS I think. Basically, before 2012 it was a complicated mess to anyone not familiar with the varying Le Mans series, but now they've sort of consolidated the whole thing and made it far simpler to follow.

They basically reinvented their championship and it's booming as a result, even after Peugeot had to pull out in the first year. If only F1 would pay attention.

Juicy Bob

Can I suggest that we don't try to follow down the same toxic, totally fruitless path of comparing F1 sprint racing to WEC endurance racing that every other motorsport discussion seems to follow at the moment?

DD

Can I suggest that we don't try to follow down the same toxic, totally fruitless path of comparing F1 sprint racing to WEC endurance racing that every other motorsport discussion seems to follow at the moment?

I agree. It's not even comparable. Everybody knows that WEC is a much much better series. >:D

Dilly

Banned

But they even have their own McLaren-Honda now.

dubc35

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| of Lewis Hamilton Lifting and Coasting to 3rd WDC

or just

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| of Lifting and Coasting

Monza has been holding a Grand Prix, or an F1 race since the 20's, and you're cool with kicking to the curb for an some emasculated circuit? I mean I love Imola even now, but it's not great enough that I'd trade an icon for it. It's certainly no less of a chicane park than Monza.

We'll be celebrating it's 100 anniversary in just a few years. Booting it off the schedule now just because Bernie wants more money is a joke. Don't be okay with that. Jesus. You want Imola? Boot some other shit track.

Kyougar

But we get some Nigerian Track as a compensation!
I totally mad that up

Think of all the emerging african Fans that would come and see Formula 1!

Xun

1st chicane, either side of the track.

General admission is a nightmare at Monza. Fans are seriously obsessive and will almost certainly get all the spaces before you even get to the track.
Thanks for the information!

I'll try and organise it soon.

Mastah

Monza has been holding a Grand Prix, or an F1 race since the 20's, and you're cool with kicking to the curb for an some emasculated circuit? I mean I love Imola even now, but it's not great enough that I'd trade an icon for it. It's certainly no less of a chicane park than Monza.

We'll be celebrating it's 100 anniversary in just a few years. Booting it off the schedule now just because Bernie wants more money is a joke. Don't be okay with that. Jesus. You want Imola? Boot some other shit track.

Very true. I love that Monza is truly unique track in F1 calendar, with the lowest downforce used all season long and reaching over 330kph in 4 different places on a single lap.

Also, this:

italian_gp_12.jpg

Japanese Canada race reports, Arai feedback:

Alonso: - higher than normal exhaust temps so retired car

Button: - high temperature increase picked up by sensor in another part, decided to retire to avoid causing damage, probably caused by the exhaust

- Token parts were fine and weren't the cause of troubles

- Weekend was a disaster, nothing worked in harmony, too many problems from Friday, couldn't work on the car settings enough

- Aiming at a very high target, pushing to the ultimate limit, fully aware that problems will occur

- Sorry for the fans, the worst weekend by far, more depressing than the first Grand Prix

- Thinking about introducing development parts earlier than intended

Pimpwerx

Hi guys. I'm moving soon, and my new decoration direction will be racing themed. I was wondering if anyone had experience with track layout sculptures like this:

spa-francorchamps-topographic

I want to get something with proper topographical and dimensional accuracy. I would love to get ones for Spa (shown here) and Laguna Seca, among others. Probably Monaco, Monza and (surprise, surprise) CoTA. I bet none of you expected that track to be listed with 3 legends, but let's be honest, the circuit is amazeballs.

Anyway, I want something that shows elevation changes. Anyone have experience with these and have suggestions for a vendor? PEACE.

Anyway, I want something that shows elevation changes. Anyone have experience with these and have suggestions for a vendor? PEACE.

I've seen some wooden ones that are really cool, but I've never seen them with elevation changes.

What might actually work well for you are the people that 3D print bike routes. They take the elevation from the GPS data (which would be trivial to get for a track) and use that.

Lach

The whole alternate stick doesn't seem to work. They had this with Barelona/Valencia -> Valencia went boom! They had this with Hockenheim and Nürburgring -> Both went boom!

Would be nice to see Imola back though.

And why are you guys talking about OT2? We're at 8000 posts. We're never going to make it this year!

Mastah

Nico Hülkenberg ‏@NicoHulkenberg 4m4 minutes ago

Still blown away...last few days been amazing! Overwhelmed by all the compliments & reactions! Thank you so much! #happy #proud #blessed

Nooooooooooooo.

Top Bottom